Dec 12 2010
By: shadowynne Hekseville Citizen 327 posts

what a pain in the akantor...

31 replies 26 views Edited Dec 12, 2010

aaaarrrgh. all i want is my g rank quests but i have to beat down this spiny %^&*( first...  holy krap akantor can be a real nightmare...  hes reminding me of my early days of MH. i just seem to spend my time getting the bujeezuz kicked out of me by this toothy bugger...

always the same thing i seem to be doing ok and then all of a frikken sudden i have been KOed...

couple questions for the all wise and powerful MHs out there...

does damage carry over for mr pointy if you fail the quest? (this is the urgent quest)

any general advice for tactics/skills/items?

i am pretty handy with GL ok with duals and i can get by with hammers.

i have used every weapon type and i am at least familiar with moves and combos but my comfort zone is definately the above three...

for some reason this guy is giving me a lot of trouble...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7917 posts

Re: what a pain in the akantor...

Dec 12, 2010

I used a Longsword on him, I don't remember what it was called, maybe Smolder Dragonsword? Something along those lines...best tip is to just watch video's. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktarf0OaefA

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 32 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2625 posts

Dec 12, 2010

shadowynne wrote:

aaaarrrgh. all i want is my g rank quests but i have to beat down this spiny %^&*( first...  holy krap akantor can be a real nightmare...  hes reminding me of my early days of MH. i just seem to spend my time getting the bujeezuz kicked out of me by this toothy bugger...

always the same thing i seem to be doing ok and then all of a frikken sudden i have been KOed...

couple questions for the all wise and powerful MHs out there...

does damage carry over for mr pointy if you fail the quest? (this is the urgent quest)

any general advice for tactics/skills/items?

i am pretty handy with GL ok with duals and i can get by with hammers.

i have used every weapon type and i am at least familiar with moves and combos but my comfort zone is definately the above three...

for some reason this guy is giving me a lot of trouble...

damage does not carry over for Akantor sadly enough. 

You use GL? i'm gonna say it until you can learn his attacks - turtle up. I know it's a bad habit but it works. Just run up to him with a mega juice on and block, then stab stab stab - block. just hold R and keep on him. Over time, he will die lol.

www.youtube.com/vengefultorture
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 12, 2010

hey thanks guys, yeah ive been watching vids...

just need to get his timing down on the charge... yep i mostly gl my way through stuff with duals and hammer close second (and third) i think i will go polish up my hammer skills as i seem to do the most damage to him with the hammer... figures as i am less skilled with hammer than gl and ds...

if i cant manage then yeah i think i will go with the long game and turtle it out... at the moment i am more interestede in getting past akantor than farming him, although i will come back to him for later im sure. once i beat a beastie i cant help but savage the bugger for all its worth. i have been tearing up nargacugas all week... damn n.cugas are damn cool, plus they make great stuff!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Dec 13, 2010
i to was stuck on him. just go in with a weapon you can block with like your doing and just learn his moves once you do that he is easy. oh and dont forget to take lots of recover items and stuff to make more and farcasters and stuff to make more of those too
Photobucket

psp 1001 6.39 PRO-B nightly (+.·:·) macfag
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 13, 2010

@#$%^&*^&!!!!! frikken mr pointy is driving me nuts! bust his teeth claws and chopped his tail and then 3 rapid fire KOs...  i must almost be there tho. damn i dont think any wyvern has given me so much trouble... when i finally kill this #$%^ im gonna make me a nice pointy hat...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1617 posts

Dec 14, 2010
I love using a Great Sword on him! Just grab the best one you got use and infinite combo on his back leg. He'll be down in no time.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 14, 2010

G rank baby, G rank! finally i beat the mofo down... after wards the twin hypnos were a cake walk... finally g rank huzzah! hmmm the great sword technique sounds good for the next time i have a go. although grest/long sword are my weakest weapons as far as my skill goes... more reason to practice! thanks again guys for the advice. im off to farm and gather to make all those new shiny things!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Dec 14, 2010

oh dear padawon I will see you soon on the dual Tigrex MWA HA H AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!

get ready to turtle up again!

"His name was Robert Pulsan"

READ MA BLOG YO "http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/"

If i ask questions that means i already googled it and got no where.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 15, 2010

hmmm ive handled dual tigrex before but not g rank... tigrex isnt one of my trouble wyverns...  at the moment im happily chugging along, i need to get to yamaT soon as i need his squiddy parts for upgrades... G rank is certainly tougher than the high rank quests but so far do-able...

heh there is indeed some turtle action going on though! block-poke-block-poke-block-poke-block-poke-block-poke-block-poke
-block-poke-block-poke....oh well it will do untill i get used to the new attacks and friggen new damage! my armour just wont do!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (26 Views)
0 Likes