7 replies 2 views Edited Jan 20, 2009
and is it comparitive to lair?
Message 1 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3841 posts

Re: what is monster hunter rated?

Jan 20, 2009
I don't even know what Lair is, but I will tell you this:  Do not listen to ratings you might see in magazines websites, etc.  They give a really low rating because they aren't into games like this.  This game isn't like Halo where you can auto-lock and kill people easily.  No you actually have to have skill.  You have to watch your monsters movements and attack accordingly.  It is a hunt or be hunting kind of game.  You have to give it a chance.  It is slow and hard at first, but once you get the hang on it, you will love it.  I promise.
>
Message 2 of 8 (2 Views)
Fender Bender
4895 posts

Jan 21, 2009

Lair is a great game, don't know why people still bash its controls when the patch is out.

Message 3 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1143 posts

Jan 21, 2009
Beyond kinda similar monster appearances Monster Hunter and Lair are completely different.
Official DeathBringer of the Fraternal Order of My Monster Hunter Veterans.

Message 4 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2243 posts

Jan 21, 2009
I always thought that a game of this caliber would be rated M for mature. There are constant blood splatters, body parts being sliced out and a wide variety of lethal weapon available to experiment with. In a sense, it's very similar to "kill bill" except that you have the option of using more than just the katana, and also fighting monsters instead of humans.

A reason for the ESRB not branding this as M would be that no matter how brutal, the gameplay still revolves fantasy violence. If we threw realistically looking animals or even humans to kill in this game, then there would be no question as to whether or not it will earn an M rating.
Message 5 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 23, 2009
your prolly right about the M rating with those added in. hopefully that wont ever happen cuz the second MH turns rated M it will be bashed like GTA and others.
Dont trip or its game over!
Message 6 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1393 posts

Jan 23, 2009

Ares_Is_Dead wrote:
I don't even know what Lair is, but I will tell you this:  Do not listen to ratings you might see in magazines websites, etc.  They give a really low rating because they aren't into games like this.  This game isn't like Halo where you can auto-lock and kill people easily.  No you actually have to have skill.  You have to watch your monsters movements and attack accordingly.  It is a hunt or be hunting kind of game.  You have to give it a chance.  It is slow and hard at first, but once you get the hang on it, you will love it.  I promise.
LOL you`ve obviously never played Halo xD But this post above is full of truth besides that part.
Stuck on the PS3`s browser for a while. Sorry. ZOMG my gamerscore is 1337
Message 7 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3841 posts

Jan 23, 2009

chickenburro1 wrote:

Ares_Is_Dead wrote:
LOL you`ve obviously never played Halo xD But this post above is full of truth besides that part.
Yeah I realize my mistake now lmao.  I have played Halo.  I don't know why I was thinking Halo had auto-lock.   I was probably thinking of something else and Halo come to mind haha.  Honestly I am not into Halo so  I haven't played it enough to know alot about it.
>
Message 8 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes