Feb 23 2013
By: psychoticmantis Wastelander 609 posts

PS4- Drive Club: Challenges???

6 replies 629 views Edited Feb 23, 2013

I wondered what would seperate Drive Club from other Driving games 2 things were said: Team based racing, and challenges...But at does that mean? He compared it to squad based shooters, so does that mean, i'm supposed to crash other cars to get my teammates to win, or does it mean all the positions have points ex: 1st place 100 2nd place 50, and my teams accumulative points decides the winning team? Then Matt Southern said "it's not all about winning races it's about challenges". I remembered him saying this and I thought about what that could mean, I started to have high hopes of relay races like the one from 2 Fast 2 Furious, Timed Slalom/coned challenges, all kind of creative team drving game mode type allas it was just code word for tech demonstration, and Sony just wanted them to incorporate the Share button into their game.  So "challenges" means basically a glorified Time Trial mode challenge between teams, wow that's basic. I hope it's more along the lines of what I first red into it, that would be cool.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2493 posts

Re: PS4- Drive Club: Challenges???

Feb 23, 2013

psychoticmantis wrote:

so does that mean, i'm supposed to crash other cars to get my teammates to win

Drive Club isn't Brutal Offroad Racing, so I doubt there is a reason to crash anyone.  This looks more like a rip-off of the Gran Turismo series than something that this category (MotorStorm) is accustomed to racing.

How To Bring Back MotorStorm: Evaluate / Standardize / Realistic Locations
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (616 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6911 posts

Mar 1, 2013

tk2012 wrote:

psychoticmantis wrote:

so does that mean, i'm supposed to crash other cars to get my teammates to win

Drive Club isn't Brutal Offroad Racing, so I doubt there is a reason to crash anyone.  This looks more like a rip-off of the Gran Turismo series than something that this category (MotorStorm) is accustomed to racing.

Agreed, my first impression of Driveclub was a GT rip off, why didnt evo develop a Motorstorm ps4 is the million dollar question, it was the perfect opportunity to bring back the franchise to greatness, they blew it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (543 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Mar 3, 2013

100% agree. A new Motorstorm, with the posibilities that the PS4 brings would be the best wet dream I could have :smileyhappy: Dismissing everything about "Apocalypse", but that's a given.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Besides that, the street, road racing genre is already crowded.  Yet here us off road folk are screwed, thanks Evo, you forget the people who made who you are today.  Without us Motorstorm fans, you would have gone bankrupt and you would all be out of a job, thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 30, 2013

hopefully they will!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1425 posts

May 1, 2013

As much as I'd like to see a new Motorstorm for the PS4 launch, I can see why Evo/Sony would do this. Polyphony isn't likely going to have Gran Turismo ready for PS4 for who knows how long. Evo seems to be Sony's go-to developer to get a game done quickly to show off their console's technology, and with a huge simulation racing fanbase, I can see a lot of people buying Drive Club to tide them over until they get a proper GT release.

It's sad, but game development is expensive these days and you have to play the odds :smileysad:

I take comfort in the fact that the dev team that captured lightning in a bottle for MS1 & 2 probably isn't around anymore. To me, the Apocalypse devs just didn't seem to "get it."

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (320 Views)