Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/14/2011
Offline
108 posts
 

Re: So what are you all going to play now? Apocolypse?

Nov 12, 2012

So, I'm curious to know from Cirrus, Critter and Lewis, if by having pre-conceptions of MSA skewed your enjoyment of the game?  By going into it with the fact of hating it, before you even played it?  I'm wondering because, some of my friends that have never played Motorstorm are amazed by the graphics and the handling of the vehicles.  They actually went out and bought it after playing it at my house.  They have never played PR or MV before, so they do not have anything to compare it to. 

 

Is it like listening to Metallica's Ride The Lightning and comparing it to load/re-load.  Ride the Lightning is way superior in every way, but, when I hear any of Metallica's new **bleep**, I immediately form an "hate it" opinion of the album before I even listen to it entirely. But, even after I hear their album, I still hate it.  But is it because i already have an opinion about it before I listen to it that skews my opinion?  Maybe.  I'm sure there might be people in this forum that would argue load/re-load are awesome albums.  In my opinion, they are OK albums, but not awesome..  Is it enough for me to turn away from ever listening to Metallica?  Not really.

 

Other than like, server issues, betting, if you were to try MSA and have never played PR or MV, would you still have the same opinion?  I would like to know what other racing game, that is on the market currently that is comparable to any of the motorstorm games.  I know NFS most wanted just came out, haven't tried it yet.  But even that game doesn't have the cool boost expolsion, punching, or the wreckage of Motorstorm. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/user/hafadude69
Message 31 of 68 (499 Views)
Reply
Survivor
Registered: 03/13/2008
Offline
2003 posts
 

Re: So what are you all going to play now? Apocolypse?

Nov 12, 2012

Cirrus5005 wrote:

LittleBigPlanet: Karting! Just picked it up today and am loving it. The controls are so easy and the tracks are great fun ... anyone could win online, so it's not a game to play seriously, although I'm already trying to go as fast as I possibly can haha ... but it only lasts until you get blown up by someone from behind. The drifting is fairly easy too (which is how you get round the track quickly) ... easier than MarioKart Wii anyway.

 

What I love most is that they've obviously thought that none of the kids will read the dialogue and will skip ahead, because there are little jokes in there that kids just wouldn't get haha. I also like being able to take a default vehicle design, such as a pirate ship, then being able to turn it into 1 of 6 given categories: Standard, Low Rider, Monster Truck, Dragster, Hovercraft or Tank haha. I saw one guy online, cosily drifting round corners in his floating crocodile's mouth haha, looks so cool.

 

Having a good laugh with this game anyway ... but easy to play ... anyone could win once you start mastering the lines and drifting.


Oh no ... you didn't?

Photobucket
Message 32 of 68 (487 Views)
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/17/2009
Offline
293 posts
 

Re: So what are you all going to play now? Apocolypse?

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

critter80 wrote:

woppatoosay wrote:
not boosting at all and accelerating up hills...

you never understood what NEB is did you?...there is no single point in the game where you ACCELERATE up hills without boosting...instead you lose not as much of your speed as if you had, holding the accelerator. it´s the same effect with a car: if you go down a steep enough hill and your engine reaches the engine speed limiter(=engine brake) your car would actually roll faster if you stopped accelerating because the car´s speed is limited with the "engine brake"...this means that on a steep enough downhill you can roll faster than the engine would let you...then, when the downhill turns into an uphill and you still keep rolling, your speed can still be very very fast, but still your speed would decrease slowly...and this is exactly what happens when NEBbing into 3rd split on The Edge...you´re NOT accelerating there, you slowly lose your speed, that´s all


I think I did enough TA on the edge to understand  NEB critter. My point was that the physics on MSPR were nothing to brag about. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the crappy screen shake.  :smileyhappy:

 

Don't get me wrong, there are enough people playing Apocalypse to keep it going  for a while. PAULOBAROCA has really  taken to it. Even Tiky can't take back his number omes - and yes, he HAS tried. THE_ARMY_GENERAL and QUEM_ME_DERA are also extremely fast in TA.  The French players have taken to it and so have the Spanish players. We even have our own American villains in the PHENOMENOMS who play to wreck. Even this doesn't bother me because it adds a challenge to the race and the magic mute button lets me race them without listening to their crap :smileyhappy:

 

There are lots of new players and there is never  a shortage of ranked games, any time of the day.  

I don't think the servers will ever be perfect but they were never perfect in Pacific Rift either. The only difference was that when a room hung in Pacific Rift you could see the player that was holding it up and tell him to sign out, but the rooms used to sit still in Pacific Rift too!!

 

In fact there are lots of people who have never heard of critter80, and more than likely, they never will.

 

Message 33 of 68 (481 Views)
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/05/2008
Offline
2952 posts
 

Re: So what are you all going to play now? Apocolypse?

Nov 12, 2012

willywayne wrote:

Cirrus5005 wrote:

LittleBigPlanet: Karting! Just picked it up today and am loving it.


Oh no ... you didn't?


I have Wayne, and don't regret a single moment of it haha ... at least not yet  :smileytongue:  I thought I'd wait for your verdict on ModNation Racers when that came out before buying it, and then you mentioned the continent-bound servers hahaha ... what a failure of an idea. I avoided it after your negative report ... so take this as returning the favour, and get it (H)

Surger
Message 34 of 68 (471 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 03/13/2008
Offline
2003 posts
 

Re: So what are you all going to play now? Apocolypse?

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

Cirrus5005 wrote:

willywayne wrote:

Cirrus5005 wrote:

LittleBigPlanet: Karting! Just picked it up today and am loving it.


Oh no ... you didn't?


I have Wayne, and don't regret a single moment of it haha ... at least not yet  :smileytongue:  I thought I'd wait for your verdict on ModNation Racers when that came out before buying it, and then you mentioned the continent-bound servers hahaha ... what a failure of an idea. I avoided it after your negative report ... so take this as returning the favour, and get it (H)


I'll pass on the Modnation Racers rip off thanks :smileytongue: ... I'm happy with Dirt 3 :smileyhappy:

Edit: Where's my sig gone?

Photobucket
Message 35 of 68 (440 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/24/2007
Offline
5224 posts
 

Re: So what are you all going to play now? Apocolypse?

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

hafa_dude wrote: 

 listening to Metallica's Ride The Lightning and comparing it to load/re-load.  Ride the Lightning is way superior in every way, but, when I hear any of Metallica's new **bleep**, I immediately form an "hate it" opinion of the album before I even listen to it entirely. But, even after I hear their album, I still hate it.  But is it because i already have an opinion about it before I listen to it that skews my opinion?  Maybe.  I'm sure there might be people in this forum that would argue load/re-load are awesome albums.  In my opinion, they are OK albums, but not awesome..  Is it enough for me to turn away from ever listening to Metallica?  Not really. 

 


 

Kill 'em All

Ride the Lightrning

Master of Puppets

Garage Days Re-Revisited

 

yes after those I tend to poo-poo the rest too :smileywink:

 

They lost me when they made a music video & the song "One" became so popular. "One" was quite sub par compared to their previous work.  So yeah they kinda lost me in '88-ish    and yes, I guess I'm getting (to be just a tad bit) old(er than when msmv first came out).

 

edit: i really did like their version of whiskey in the jar A LOT -- but the song much more than the album that came along with it




Happy to be here for almost 5 years.
Message 36 of 68 (391 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 03/05/2008
Offline
2514 posts
 

Re: So what are you all going to play now? Apocolypse?

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

 

woppatoosay wrote:

 

In fact there are lots of people who have never heard of critter80, and more than likely, they never will.


yea, those who have no idea about the true motorstorm, being ms1 and ms2, have never heard of me... those who played ms1 and ms2 a serious amount of time do know who critter80 is -proud-

10000 ranked wins :-)


Rudisha > Bolt
Message 37 of 68 (360 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/21/2009
Offline
150 posts
 

Re: So what are you all going to play now? Apocolypse?

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

critter80 wrote:

 

woppatoosay wrote:

 

In fact there are lots of people who have never heard of critter80, and more than likely, they never will.


yea, those who have no idea about the true motorstorm, being ms1 and ms2, have never heard of me... those who played ms1 and ms2 a serious amount of time do know who critter80 is -proud-


Yeah, we all know how self-obsessed you are. There's no need to reiterate that over and over and over...

 

But on the bright side, we're very happy that you decided to say no to MSA... one less narcissist on the track!

 

I do applaud your loyalty (or, dare I say, servitude) to Cirrus5005. Such a good bird...

 

------------------------------


MS:A is a great game and any noob quoting others to show otherwise is an absolute disgrace to the MotorStorm community.
Message 38 of 68 (341 Views)
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/14/2011
Offline
108 posts
 

Re: So what are you all going to play now? Apocolypse?

Nov 13, 2012

I knew there was someone on here that would get my reference to Metallica.  Those albums you mentioned are there best. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/hafadude69
Message 39 of 68 (339 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/03/2010
Offline
314 posts
 

Re: So what are you all going to play now? Apocolypse?

Nov 14, 2012

 

 

critter80 quit race

 

Message 40 of 68 (316 Views)
Reply