Dec 18 2009
By: Axecutioner-B Treasure Hunter 5224 posts

The Highest Form Of Competition V. Funnest Form Of Competitiom

12 replies 10 views Edited Dec 18, 2009

(^^^BOTH OF THE ABOVE ARE JUST OPINION^^^)

Ever since Time Attack became a (downloadable) feature on MS-1   I LOVED IT !! It is how i learned about the shortcut on Grizzly. You know the one after the big rock at the start of the track? Yeah before time attack I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS THERE !!  If you dont think Time Attack is good competition download a top ghost & beat it !!   I can't !! I am maxed out on my capabilities on almost all of the original 16 tracks with every vehicle on MSPR. I have literally spent days & days & days time attacking & when i got bored with it i would hop online & race with friends or race ranked.

If you enjoy Time Attack (& i do) & it is where you find the "fun" & "challenge" in the game that you are looking for, that is great !!

If you enjoy custom races & THAT is where you find the fun & challenge in the game, that is great too !!

If you enjoy ranked races & THAT is where you find the fun & challenge you are looking for, that is great too !!!

In the end these are just opinions on where we find the joy in the game. I can't sit here & tell someone who hates time attack to play TA &  that is where they will find the joy in the game..... THEY WON'T !! By the same token I cant tell someone who loves time attack to jump into ranked racing to find the fun in the game, IT WON'T WORK either. We all share a love for the game & that is what makes our community. Can there be disagreements without any loathing or despising? YES !! If you are new to this forum YOU ARE WELCOME & WE ARE GLAD YOU ARE HERE ! I have enjoyed being a part of this forum for over 2 years & to me it has been great !!  I have had disagreements with people that have been heated, but in the end we found our common ground, MOTORSTORM & we were able to evolve from there.

As far as the term "2nd rate". I think the term "2nd tier" is accurate & not "2nd rate" (that sounds **bleep**ty) from where im sitting (6th 7th or 8th tier) 2nd tier looks pretty **bleep**ing good. 

Please understand that the very very best of the best are Cirrus5005 & eb4tiky5ef79o. They are the elite of the elite of what can be done with this video game & i think thats undisputed (at least i hope so).

I am glad a group of ranked racers is here, it has been interesting to read & watch. We all share a love for motorstorm together, i hope we can all build from there.

BTW: i am from wisconsin too, but now i live in phoenix

Message Edited by Axecutioner-B on 12-18-2009 07:17 AM

Happy to be here for almost 5 years.
Message 1 of 13 (10 Views)
Wastelander
647 posts

Re: The Highest Form Of Competition V. Funnest Form Of Competitiom

Dec 18, 2009

A level-headed well-constructed post consisting of nothing but positives???? (And decent grammar) 

Not on my forums you dont!

RAGERAGRAGERAGERAGERAGERAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 13 (10 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Dec 18, 2009

--Custom racing is the best.

--Casual is cool, but its not popular enough.

--T/A blows...(opps... sorry I ment time attack is tier 2) :smileytongue:

--And Ranked racing is a curse from evo.  I dont know why they hate us so much ?? 

....maybe we did not buy enough copies of MS1.

.............everything in this post is ment to be a joke !!

Awesome thread Axe !!! 

Message 3 of 13 (10 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 18, 2009

A very good post Axe, and as far as I'm concerned, I have always considered you as part of the "elite" of the Motorstorm community. Your post here, is just more proof of that.

sig-mod
Message 4 of 13 (10 Views)
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Dec 18, 2009
well said axe. nice grammar. thats the attitude i hope to see from other senior members of this forum. my very first post here was agreeing with wildheart about the poor design of mudslide volcanic.senior members decided to use site as a place to talk badly about a motorstormer they new nothing about. don't be so quick to jump all over people, especially people who are new to forums. unless of course you enjoy all this drama. in that case, keep abusing people as soon as they make their first post.
MOTORSTORM4LIFE
Message 5 of 13 (10 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
321 posts

Dec 18, 2009

'Nice One Axe'

'Axe for Motorstorm President'

Message 6 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Dec 18, 2009

elcheapo wrote:

--Custom racing is the best.

--Casual is cool, but its not popular enough.

--T/A blows...(opps... sorry I ment time attack is tier 2) :smileytongue:

--And Ranked racing is a curse from evo.  I dont know why they hate us so much ?? 

....maybe we did not buy enough copies of MS1.

.............everything in this post is ment to be a joke !!

Awesome thread Axe !!! 

This ^^

sorry i didnt make it last night elcheapo, i was on the gt5 demo and kind of lost track of time

Message 7 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Dec 19, 2009
I really like the side by side splitscreen competition with my brothers and cousins.
Game Photography:
http://s617.photobucket.com/home/JoeDuke4/index

Homemade fightscene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjErlHH21sA

'Fortune Favours the Bold'
Message 8 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
733 posts

Dec 19, 2009

Axecutioner-B wrote:

(^^^BOTH OF THE ABOVE ARE JUST OPINION^^^)

Ever since Time Attack became a (downloadable) feature on MS-1   I LOVED IT !! It is how i learned about the shortcut on Grizzly. You know the one after the big rock at the start of the track? Yeah before time attack I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS THERE !!  If you dont think Time Attack is good competition download a top ghost & beat it !!   I can't !! I am maxed out on my capabilities on almost all of the original 16 tracks with every vehicle on MSPR. I have literally spent days & days & days time attacking & when i got bored with it i would hop online & race with friends or race ranked.

If you enjoy Time Attack (& i do) & it is where you find the "fun" & "challenge" in the game that you are looking for, that is great !!

If you enjoy custom races & THAT is where you find the fun & challenge in the game, that is great too !!

If you enjoy ranked races & THAT is where you find the fun & challenge you are looking for, that is great too !!!

In the end these are just opinions on where we find the joy in the game. I can't sit here & tell someone who hates time attack to play TA &  that is where they will find the joy in the game..... THEY WON'T !! By the same token I cant tell someone who loves time attack to jump into ranked racing to find the fun in the game, IT WON'T WORK either. We all share a love for the game & that is what makes our community. Can there be disagreements without any loathing or despising? YES !! If you are new to this forum YOU ARE WELCOME & WE ARE GLAD YOU ARE HERE ! I have enjoyed being a part of this forum for over 2 years & to me it has been great !!  I have had disagreements with people that have been heated, but in the end we found our common ground, MOTORSTORM & we were able to evolve from there.

As far as the term "2nd rate". I think the term "2nd tier" is accurate & not "2nd rate" (that sounds **bleep**ty) from where im sitting (6th 7th or 8th tier) 2nd tier looks pretty **bleep**ing good. 

Please understand that the very very best of the best are Cirrus5005 & eb4tiky5ef79o. They are the elite of the elite of what can be done with this video game & i think thats undisputed (at least i hope so).

I am glad a group of ranked racers is here, it has been interesting to read & watch. We all share a love for motorstorm together, i hope we can all build from there.

BTW: i am from wisconsin too, but now i live in phoenix

Message Edited by Axecutioner-B on 12-18-2009 07:17 AM

Unfortunately not. This forum is like a petri dish containing a microcosm of society in general.   It just ain't gonna happen.

Excellent post tho Axe.

...your turn to drive i'll bring the beer...
Message 9 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Dec 19, 2009
Good one axe. Point proven how many comment on this sharing your sediments. None of the TA ers that been fueling this issue and ranked we share the blame. They just gloss over with nothing to say. They don't want harmony they want to be better than eveybody. Why don't we have 30 messages on this, everybody quick to give criticism. What nothing nice to say. Maybe you not saying anything when a good post gets put up is your bad behavior. How dare someone talk reason on here. This is not your forum but ours (meaning everyone)
Its_Me_T Comments does not reflect Ranked Racing,MSPR,This forum or any of its Affilates
Message 10 of 13 (10 Views)
0 Likes