Do you mean 
Jul 15 2012
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41067 posts

Guardians of the Galaxy is Marvel Studios' Next Team-Up

[ Edited ]
5 replies 531 views Edited Jul 15, 2012

So freaking giddy about this news:

GuardiansLogo

Today at its Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2012, Marvel Stuios announced two upcoming films: "Guardians of the Galaxy," coming August 1, 2014, and displayed test footage for the very first time for "Ant-Man," to be directed by Edgar Wright.

With the announcement came the reveal of the first concept art for "Guardians of the Galaxy" by Charlie Wen, as well as logos for both films.

In addition, Marvel Studios announced the official titles to the Thor and Captain America sequels: "Thor: The Dark World," in theaters November 8, 2013, and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," in theaters April 4, 2014.

GuardianTeam

(Drax the Destroyer, Groot, Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora)

Marvel.com

Hoping for Nova, Adam Warlock, Cosmo and Quasar to round out but for those already revealed in the concept art, off to a great start.  Nova would be a nice link between the Guardians and the Avengers though so I wonder if they're holding him.

Message 1 of 6 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6674 posts

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy is Marvel Studios' Next Team-Up

Jul 16, 2012
I havn`t heard of Guardians of the Galaxy, and I know nothing about it, although since it`s marvel it would a a super hero movie right?, so I will check up on it.

Also Great news on Ant-man, Thor 2 and Captain America 2, I am looking forward to them.
Message 2 of 6 (527 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Yes, a superhero movie focusing on the Cosmic aspect of the Marvel Universe. I figure that will be a bit common with people not hearing about GotG up until this.

The team had to band together during the Annihilation events when an invading force from the Negative Zone entered our universe and everything just hit the fan. Annihilus was hunting down Heralds of Galactus/beings with the Power Cosmic (the Heralds were banding together), Kree & Skrull empires were involved, the Nova Corps was wiped out except for 1 (Richard Rider from Earth) and he was carrying the entire power of the Nova Force for that time, and a few other things. They also do battle with a version of Ultron later. They're not going to jump all into this with the movie though + FOX has Fantastic Four so that cuts off Galactus + the Heralds and the Skrulls & Super-Skrull =\

Spoiler
Since Avengers introduced Thanos in the post credits, most fans were hoping this was going to happen. Thanos is heavily featured in the Guardians' storylines and Annihilation.

EDIT: Image of Nova chewing out Iron Man about what happened:

Spoiler
Nova02-11.jpg

Think Annihilation took place during Civil War so you can understand how mad Nova would be about something as petty as that (Superhero Registration) when the universe is at war with an invading force and being wiped out.  The amount of heroes on Earth and involved with the Civil War would have been plenty of help to Nova and the rest of the universe.

Message 3 of 6 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6674 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Sounds interesting, about the Kree and Skrull I remember seeing them in the avengers: earth mightest heroes cartoon series.

After reviewing the pic you posted again, I just remembered they appeared in the avengers: Earths mightiest heroes cartoon series as well, where they teamed up with the avenger.

Message 4 of 6 (520 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

Jul 16, 2012

chaos_789 wrote:

Sounds interesting, about the Kree and Skrull I remember seeing them in the avengers: earth mightest heroes cartoon series.

After reviewing the pic you posted again, I just remembered they appeared in the avengers: Earths mightiest heroes cartoon series as well, where they teamed up with the avenger.

Yeah, the Michael Korvac episode.  Star-Lord, Adam Warlock, Quasar, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon (think those are the only ones that showed up).

Annihilus also shows up in the episode where they're stuck at 42 in the Negative Zone (stopped watching in the US as they went on hiatus so I don't know if they showed the episode yet).  So they're at the very least touched upon in the show.

Message 5 of 6 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6674 posts

Jul 17, 2012
ya, I don`t regularly watch it, but On demand updated with teletoon, so I can watch it on demand if I miss it.

It should be interesting seeing them in live action movie, I like super hero movies, I may not know alot about guardians of the galaxy, but from what you said it does sound interesting.
Message 6 of 6 (511 Views)
0 Likes