Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 13 2012
By: DrGadget Welcoming Committee 32742 posts

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

[ Edited ]
2 replies 315 views Edited Jul 13, 2012

Ready to get your geek on?  Then crank up some popcorn and watch this movie.  Who else here loves it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446029/

What is it exactly?  It's a slacker movie.  It's a romantic comedy.  It's an action movie.  It's a gamer's movie.  It's a musical.  It's anime come to life.  It's about as surreal as they come.  You may laugh.  You may cheer.  You may cry (poor Knives).

Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) - an ordinary dweeb.  Less than ordinary even.  What a dork.  But then suddenly he opens up a can of awesomesauce and the action ensues.  Far more action than you would ever expect from this collection of apparent loser slackers.

In the far distance, Scott has literally seen the girl of his dreams.  She's hip.  She's a bit weird.  She's complicated.  She's utterly irresistable.  Scott must have his fantasy woman.  Oh, but there's a price to pay if he wants to date Ramona (Mary Elizabeth Winstead).  Scott must defeat her seven evil exes, and they are out for blood. Think I'm exaggerating?  Check out this guy Scott has to fight.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm797543424/tt0446029

He's definitely no pushover.

I'd say my favorites were #3, #1, and #7, in that order.  Ramona's evil exes are just plain evil, and Scott Pilgrim alone must take them down if he wants to find real love.  Can he do it?  Can anyone do it?  Scott is fully full-on determined to go the distance and do whatever it takes.

Can you take the awesome?  I'll give this movie a 9.9/10 both for lack of anything stupid and the inclusion of everything awesome.  It also has immediate replay value.  You can watch this movie three or more times in a row and not get sick of it.  Very few movies are of this level of fascination.  And yes, you will find little tidbits each time you watch.  For instance, in the coffee store where Scott's sister works, there's a sign in the background that tells people they won't be served if they are on the cell phone.  But his sister's always on the cell phone.  There.  That one was free.  You'll need to watch the rest for yourself.

If you've already seen this movie, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.  If you haven't seen it, then you need to.  As in this needs to be your next movie.  Get it in gear and watch Scott Pilgrim already.

I'll even go so far as to say that you can't call yourself a true gamer freak if you haven't seen this movie.  You must see it now.  So be it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (315 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1157 posts

Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Jul 14, 2012

Love the movie and the game isn't so bad either. Haven't had the pleasure of reading the comics yet. My fav ex was probably #2, the one played by Chris Evans. Always quoting his lines.

"Why wouldn't you be?"

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32742 posts

Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Jul 15, 2012

TrickedOutHoro wrote:

Love the movie and the game isn't so bad either. Haven't had the pleasure of reading the comics yet. My fav ex was probably #2, the one played by Chris Evans. Always quoting his lines.

"Why wouldn't you be?"

One of the best visuals was when he grabbed Scott and flinged him into that building.  It looked very real.  One of the best CGI scenes I have seen in quite a while.  Made me wonder how they did it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (301 Views)
0 Likes