Dec 29 2011
By: WP-DFA Keyblade Wielder 10809 posts

Where's everybody gone?

15 replies 79 views Edited Dec 29, 2010

I know why you've gone, I'm just asking where so I can join you

anybody find a good new 'home' out in the interwebs?

---
NOT 'ROUND THESE PARTS ANYMORE... BUT YOU'LL FIND ME HERE ---> http://www.moviefancentral.com/wp-dfa

come on down!
Message 1 of 16 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12266 posts

Re: Where's everybody gone?

Dec 29, 2010

I haven't gone anywhere, I just basically stopped coming here.  The site layout is ackward and there are multiple sections for the same topics.  I don't think I am the only one who has left.  This is the first or second time since the switch to new servers that I have come back and only the second post I have made.  I likely won't be coming back either as I absolutely hate the new layout.  Oh well, it was a good run.

Message 2 of 16 (79 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Dec 29, 2010

They should of beta tested something like this first. Its a massive switch, and obviously its flawed. Simply letting a few members try it out first would of slapped them in the face before it caused issues and went live.

Message 3 of 16 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Dec 29, 2010

they have to fire and hire new developers and designers before anything significant happens.

Home.
Message 4 of 16 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Dec 30, 2010

I haven't "left" either, but coming here is just a pain now, even when I have my personal page layout/whatever the crap it is. I felt like posting my review of Tron Legacy but am just too lazy/don't like this new place lmao...

Message 5 of 16 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18314 posts

Dec 31, 2010

I'm still here, just bummed about the current situation with the 3 forums. Trying to get answers but nothing yet. There are bigger problems and/or this is the way it is going to be from now on.

Message 6 of 16 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Dec 31, 2010

I don't think everyone has gone yet. the PSN forum is still an exceptionally active place with posting occurring almost every minute.

That being said, we are certainly losing active members.

Got my PS3!

Games: Gran Turismo 5, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, SingStar + Dance.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 7 of 16 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3002 posts

Dec 31, 2010

The forums were beta tested...but I'm sorry to hear you guys are looking elsewhere. That's a shame since a lot of you have been here for years. You've been through other changes in that time. Hopefully you'll stick around or at least return when fixes are made...

Message 8 of 16 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10809 posts

Jan 7, 2011

I've just been 'granted' the ability to post again after I was unable to do so... and it seems the problem extended further than to just me. SlashZaku had the same problem, and wanted to post something in this thread. Here's part of our conversation copied from a PM.

Totally agree with you, I was just hoping somebody had found a really good forum/community out there but it doesn't seem so. The only one that's been recommended in the thread looks like that user just created it before he posted it lol.

I'll post your message when I can, but irony strikes again... It won't let me post anything either now. "an unexpected error has occurred"

SlashZaku said

...just that I can't post.  Something happened during the transition and they're "looking into it".  I don't think I'll be going anywhere else either.  I'll adapt.  I don't want to go to a 'general' gaming site because I know it's just trolling, flaming, port begging (who thinks this game should come to ____) and the such.  I came here from Gamespot so I already know what that's like.

So I'm just waiting for them to fix my account and then I'll get back to involving myself with the community or what's left of it.  I know there was an exodus the last time we 'updated' but this is just too much and the platform change really wasn't needed to this mess of a layout with the 'Facebook' like setup/feature set.  We want a forum for discussing games, movies, PlayStation, not another **** social site.

Add this reply to your thread for me

---
NOT 'ROUND THESE PARTS ANYMORE... BUT YOU'LL FIND ME HERE ---> http://www.moviefancentral.com/wp-dfa

come on down!
Message 9 of 16 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18314 posts

Jan 7, 2011

/legreenboy waves to SlashZaku

Message 10 of 16 (79 Views)
0 Likes