Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/01/2006
Offline
4987 posts
 

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 17, 2007


gaming_shady wrote:
i think tupac is a legend cuz he is 1 and he's the king of rap so that shows more respect
whos jaylib? and no one in my school has heard of him so i know why you say he aint getting the attention he deserves but it mgith be because alot of other rappers might be better than him like 50 is the best selling hip hop artist in the world and everyone has heard of him

i aint dissing no one here


Jaylib, who's Madlib and J Dilla working together, are producers and J Dilla wasn't much of a rapper nor was he really mainstream.

And when did numbers ever mean a good quality artist? Soulja Boy sold about 300k of his album. Does it mean he's good? Hell no. 50 cent was up against Jay-Z, Kanye West, Ludacris, and TI for that category. So, it's really for that year and doesn't mean much at all, other than he's getting money. Just trying to clear up some things in here. Not dissing 50 or anything, though, I still don't like him.

So, nobody here is hyped for the new Wu-Tang album?
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 1,153 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/01/2006
Offline
1078 posts
 

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 17, 2007
nope cuz i aint never heard of him

im hyped for eminems new album though!! in december i think
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
R.I.P BIG PROOF REST IN PEACE MAN -- IF YOU LOVE RAP MUSIC PUT THIS ON YO SIG
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 1,153 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/31/2007
Offline
8116 posts
 

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 17, 2007


alaosboi wrote:


gaming_shady wrote:
i think tupac is a legend cuz he is 1 and he's the king of rap so that shows more respect
whos jaylib? and no one in my school has heard of him so i know why you say he aint getting the attention he deserves but it mgith be because alot of other rappers might be better than him like 50 is the best selling hip hop artist in the world and everyone has heard of him

i aint dissing no one here


Jaylib, who's Madlib and J Dilla working together, are producers and J Dilla wasn't much of a rapper nor was he really mainstream.

And when did numbers ever mean a good quality artist? Soulja Boy sold about 300k of his album. Does it mean he's good? Hell no. 50 cent was up against Jay-Z, Kanye West, Ludacris, and TI for that category. So, it's really for that year and doesn't mean much at all, other than he's getting money. Just trying to clear up some things in here. Not dissing 50 or anything, though, I still don't like him.

So, nobody here is hyped for the new Wu-Tang album?


I never really keep up with the news in any genre of music, but I'm hyped now! I <3 Wu-Tang!
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 1,153 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/01/2006
Offline
4987 posts
 

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 17, 2007


children_of_men wrote:


alaosboi wrote:


gaming_shady wrote:
i


Jaylib, who's Madlib and J Dilla working together, are producers and J Dilla wasn't much of a rapper nor was he really mainstream.

And when did numbers ever mean a good quality artist? Soulja Boy sold about 300k of his album. Does it mean he's good? Hell no. 50 cent was up against Jay-Z, Kanye West, Ludacris, and TI for that category. So, it's really for that year and doesn't mean much at all, other than he's getting money. Just trying to clear up some things in here. Not dissing 50 or anything, though, I still don't like him.

So, nobody here is hyped for the new Wu-Tang album?


I never really keep up with the news in any genre of music, but I'm hyped now! I <3 Wu-Tang!


Man, you got to listen to Life Changes. Just incredible. Off of their mixtape they released recently.

Life Changes


Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 1,153 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/31/2007
Offline
8116 posts
 

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 17, 2007


alaosboi wrote:


children_of_men wrote:


alaosboi wrote:


gaming_shady wrote:
i


Jaylib, who's Madlib and J Dilla working together, are producers and J Dilla wasn't much of a rapper nor was he really mainstream.

And when did numbers ever mean a good quality artist? Soulja Boy sold about 300k of his album. Does it mean he's good? Hell no. 50 cent was up against Jay-Z, Kanye West, Ludacris, and TI for that category. So, it's really for that year and doesn't mean much at all, other than he's getting money. Just trying to clear up some things in here. Not dissing 50 or anything, though, I still don't like him.

So, nobody here is hyped for the new Wu-Tang album?


I never really keep up with the news in any genre of music, but I'm hyped now! I <3 Wu-Tang!


Man, you got to listen to Life Changes. Just incredible. Off of their mixtape they released recently.

Life Changes




I love how it's in minor.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 1,153 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 10/29/2007
Offline
5871 posts
 

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 17, 2007
Not to bash the dead or fans of him, but I honestly think Tupac is highly overrated. The guy was.. ok.. but far from a rap legend and it's really like what? The guy was cruising up, then died... then became a "legend" in the eyes of people. Where was the part that makes people really legends again?

It annoys me to no end when people consider him the greatest then turn around and stare at you blankly when you mention any of the old schoolers, alive or dead..
StarhawkCenter
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 1,153 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/28/2006
Offline
2939 posts
 

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 18, 2007


alaosboi wrote:


children_of_men wrote:


alaosboi wrote:


gaming_shady wrote:
i


Jaylib, who's Madlib and J Dilla working together, are producers and J Dilla wasn't much of a rapper nor was he really mainstream.

And when did numbers ever mean a good quality artist? Soulja Boy sold about 300k of his album. Does it mean he's good? Hell no. 50 cent was up against Jay-Z, Kanye West, Ludacris, and TI for that category. So, it's really for that year and doesn't mean much at all, other than he's getting money. Just trying to clear up some things in here. Not dissing 50 or anything, though, I still don't like him.

So, nobody here is hyped for the new Wu-Tang album?


I never really keep up with the news in any genre of music, but I'm hyped now! I <3 Wu-Tang!


Man, you got to listen to Life Changes. Just incredible. Off of their mixtape they released recently.

Life Changes





I like it.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 1,153 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 11/14/2007
Offline
42 posts
 

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 18, 2007


gaming_shady wrote:
nope cuz i aint never heard of him

im hyped for eminems new album though!! in december i think



My god...what has this world come to...
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 1,153 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/10/2007
Offline
2879 posts
 

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 18, 2007
Yea we really shouldn't just exclude mainstream from rap but the problem is that most mainstream is cliched about jewelry,money and bragging.Y'know and if your really listen then you will notice and get tired of hearing the same ol' stuff.Unless you're someone who just likes to listen the way a beat/rapper sounds.

With that being said here's one of my*current* mainstream faves.

"Low" -Flo Rida ft. T Pain
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UDAaevTq51I
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 1,153 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/11/2007
Offline
6678 posts
 

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 19, 2007


gaming_shady wrote:
nope cuz i aint never heard of him

im hyped for eminems new album though!! in december i think


I hope that's sarcasm because he does not have a new album coming out in Dec
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 1,153 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes