Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Re: The Rap thread

Nov 28, 2007

Ninthwonder wrote:
If Nas is going to call his album that then people can't and shouldn't get upset if a white/asia/hispanic/whatever person says the name of it.... for the love of god its the name of an album...

There's a rapper called uncle "c word", so therefore, it should be okay to call indivisuals that name too right? I'm sorry it just seems like people are relentlessly searching for reasons to be able to disprespect a group of people.
Now playing: Gundemonium Collection (psn), Final Fantasy XIII
Message 81 of 1,153 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
778 posts

Nov 28, 2007
you dont need to bring hip hop back, it's out there. you got kats like aesop and eyedea out there doin there things. the problem is kids keep trying to group hip hop and rap together and its not the same thing. you want rap turn mtv on and listen to that **bleep**. it's garbage, most of the lyrics dont have any meaning and are put together to make money. and you got all these mtv wanna thugs out there buying that crap. earlier someone asked if anybody checked out that new wu? no, why would you. besides rza, wu tang hasnt been good since forever was released and that barely scraped by. snoops comin out with another album, why godfather was his last good album. now it's just party mix after cheap catch phrases. real hip hop will never die, it might not have a tv channel, but its there if you look. and on a ending note, mos def keepin it real, but common, what happened man?
come in, let's see where this 12 pack takes us.
Message 82 of 1,153 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2939 posts

Nov 28, 2007

sony-next-gen wrote:

TrapZero wrote:
Are y'all tired of seeing RockBand threads and thinking Hip-hop should have our own games? Well here is one Hip-hop game:

Traxxpad ($39.99)

TraxxPad

Traxxpad is an application that promises to transform Sony's PSP into a powerful piece of professional music studio equipment. Traxxpad blends the power of sequencers, drum machines, and keyboards, allowing anyone to create, mix and sample their own tracks at home or on-the-go.

Sounds more like a gateway to more Soulja Boys lol. I use FL 7, I have no need for it, I'm still practicing eventually I'll go on to bigger and better things.

I don't think anyone here is gonna become another Soulja Boy I know about FL (My friends and I uses it.) I think Traxxpad is a good thing to have because it's portable, good for simple stuff, and you can go use the PSP Headset as a microphone. Also, you can give people your music using Game Sharing.
Message 83 of 1,153 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2939 posts

Nov 29, 2007

Gramice wrote:
Anyone know what underground groups/artists are touring right now? I know Quasimoto and Madlib are but dunno when they coming to California.

Here's one (but he is a Christian rapper. Hey, just because they are Christian, doesn't mean he don't have talent):

Message 84 of 1,153 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6249 posts

Nov 30, 2007
I know this is late, but what do you guys think of Desire (Pharoahe Monch's album), it's one of the best albums to come out in 07 in my oppinion. It's refreshing to find some good hip hop instead of mainstream bull**bleep**.
Message 85 of 1,153 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2939 posts

Nov 30, 2007

sony-next-gen wrote:
I know this is late, but what do you guys think of Desire (Pharoahe Monch's album), it's one of the best albums to come out in 07 in my oppinion. It's refreshing to find some good hip hop instead of mainstream bull**bleep**.

I am going to reserve my decision until The Cool comes out.
Message 86 of 1,153 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8116 posts

Nov 30, 2007
And you guys say mainstream rap is nothing but bad...
Message 87 of 1,153 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2879 posts

Dec 1, 2007

children_of_men wrote:
And you guys say mainstream rap is nothing but bad...

It's not necessarily bad...it's just that mainstream rap incorportates a lot of excessive cursing and bragging.

Alot of people say mainstream rap's lyrics are dumb and have no meaning.Some underground artists rap about profound subjects while others just make social commentaries( like Del for instance). IMO Mainstream lyrics aren't "retarded" ,"stupid" or "dumb" it's just they talk about stuff like drive-bys,  or hustling for a living which the youth of today don't need to be listening to.
Message 88 of 1,153 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2879 posts

Dec 2, 2007
Anyone know what underground groups/artists are touring right now? I know Madlib is but dunno when he coming to California.

Message Edited by Gramice on 12-01-2007 06:00 PM
Message 89 of 1,153 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2879 posts

Dec 6, 2007
Something I thought might be helpful for you LA underground fans.
http://www.deepurbanbreaks.com/
There's an upcoming concert that features Casual,MF Doom and Scarub. There are others too.
You might see me there
Message 90 of 1,153 (7 Views)
0 Likes