Sep 02 2013
By: tornadostomp First Son 1 posts

Bring Back the Jak & Daxter Universe with PS4!

[ Edited ]
5 replies 942 views Edited Sep 2, 2013

Welp, if any ND employee reads this, I'll be satisfied.

"Naughty Dog opened up a select few of these folders to offer us a glimpse of early concept art for the abandoned Jak and Daxter reboot. We saw a much more humanoid version of Jak, lacking pointy ears but retaining similar clothes, features, green facial hair, and fit physique. His signature yellow locks remained, however, with sketches showing it off in everything from dreadlocks to messy spikes."

I know you guys have repeated this many times in the past - that you didn't want to release a Jak game that wasn't up to your standards and wouldn't satisfy the fans, but please, give it just one more try - hear me out though! I was looking at the Knack trailer the other day and I noticed how well the graphics worked. It wasn't hyper realistic and it wasn't trying to maximize the PS4's ability to render textures, it was simple and beautiful, much like the Jak series. So I still think you should stick with that style of graphics.  But hold on here...

Here's a curious idea: Why not start from scratch and introduce two new leads? Instead of bringing back Jak and Daxter, create two new characters in the same world (in a far, far place), different personalities, similar partner-in-crime mentality like J&D and start from there? You'd be able to implement brand new designs but give fans the J&D feeling with the same universe J&D explored. Maybe even throw in a Daxter cameo!

It's a one-shot but it could very well work. If it's successful, you could create a sequel - or maybe even go back to Jak and Daxter as enough time will have passed.

Message 1 of 6 (942 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Re: Bring Back the Jak & Daxter Universe with PS4 AND PSV!

Sep 24, 2013

I fixed that for you!

Message 2 of 6 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2127 posts

Re: Bring Back the Jak & Daxter Universe with PS4!

Nov 21, 2013

I will love it if they made something like jak and daxter again please!

Message 3 of 6 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Nov 24, 2013

killaxsoldier wrote:

I will love it if they made something like jak and daxter again please!

Yes, many would. But we should just be happy with what we got.

Message 4 of 6 (382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 18, 2013

Please make a video game series similar to Jack and Daxter on the PS4. They are some the best games I have ever played,still to this day. 

Message 5 of 6 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 29, 2014
I would prefer to have just jak and daxter back not new characters. Unless those new ones were related to them in a way eg. jak's son with ashelin or keira and daxter's son with tess or something. The story could be how jak and daxter tell them about their adventures and they get inspired to do stuff. And a problem comes up and jak and daxter aren't capable of doing anything or they get captured. Then the new characters have to save them and the world or something like that
Message 6 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes