Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 31 2013
By: shadowthief01 Monster Hunter 28 posts

Please do not buy this game!

7 replies 369 views Edited Aug 31, 2013

This game is so riddled with bugs I don't understand why Naughty Dog is even making games. The crappy developers failed to release patches for the infamous bug that wont allow you to advance beyond the prologue, but instead focus on the "multiplayer"aspect of the game. I hope this game doesn't get anymore attention than it deserves, with is nothing!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
576 posts

Re: Please do not buy this game!

Aug 31, 2013

If your copy doesn't do well, then give it back and try it with a new copy.

ND-Games are buggy, very buggy, buut awesome too!

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (363 Views)
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

Just because you have bugs, it doesn't mean everyone else has bugs.

If you haven't noticed, the amount of people complaining about (game-breaking) bugs is far less than the people that haven't said anything. You are just unlucky.

Also, go fix those bugs in the ND office if you can, please. That way you could fix it in 5 seconds with your awesome skills.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (360 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

shadowthief01 wrote:

This game is so riddled with bugs I don't understand why Naughty Dog is even making games. The crappy developers failed to release patches for the infamous bug that wont allow you to advance beyond the prologue, but instead focus on the "multiplayer"aspect of the game. I hope this game doesn't get anymore attention than it deserves, with is nothing!

Pure utter ignorance on how to troubleshoot a game.  We can't even start to help and perhaps you don't even want advice--thus you just vent nonsense?

IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (326 Views)
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Sep 1, 2013

You're right. I don't want advice, I want a solution, something to fix the "blurry" graphics, the "elastic" animations, and the bug were Joel and his friend are standing up in the car at the begining of the prolouge. But you know, thats OK, im tired of waiting for a solution. I might just trade in this game for GTA 5 were I KNOW Rockstar won't make such a buggy game and leave their customers hanging with an unplayable game.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 1, 2013
How would you know? It hasnt come out? Give us an example of this perfect game you speak of that has been released already? Blurry graphics? Clearly you need glasses. Excuses for a frustrated player. Go back to cod.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (300 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10875 posts

Sep 1, 2013

Too late - too many people have already bought The Last of Us. By the looks of it, the number of copies has already cleared a few million if not more by now. While your copy of the game may be infected just like the people inhabiting the world around Joel and Ellie, it's certainly not the case for everyone.

A couple of suggestions do come to mind. One would be to return your copy of the game and see if the new one will suffice. Maybe there's something wrong with the disc or your system? Another idea would be to call up Sony's tech support and find out if they can't do something to right the wrongs on  your copy of the game and/or system.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

shadowthief01 wrote:

You're right. I don't want advice, I want a solution, something to fix the "blurry" graphics, the "elastic" animations, and the bug were Joel and his friend are standing up in the car at the begining of the prolouge. But you know, thats OK, im tired of waiting for a solution. I might just trade in this game for GTA 5 were I KNOW Rockstar won't make such a buggy game and leave their customers hanging with an unplayable game.

The point you and so many who blame the game on bugs are missing is that there are so many more, like myself, who haven't experienced _any_ of this.  If a software bug is a real software bug how in the world can it not be (and isn't 3 times now) present when I play the game on my PS3?

I'll tell you how (it's not advice)...  Because these so called 'bugs' are not bugs at all but are caused by various aging PS3 hardware and firmware systems problems.  TLoU I'm convinced pushes the PS3 all the way to the edge.  Good luck with GTA5 too because if they push the PS3 to the edge (knowing that the PS4 is just around the corner too perhaps) you could just as easily experience similar troubles with that game.  We are all going to be playing GTA5 too.  On the other hand if GTA5 doesn't push the PS3 to its edge we'll all be fat and happy playing it and you will forever think TLoU was a buggy game.  Likewise maybe I and others discover we can't play GTA5?

Here is an even better idea...  See if you can't 'test drive' TLoU at some computer store--BB comes to mind.  Explain the problem you are having.  Stop jumping to conclusions.  Don't give up.  TLoU is so different a game for its SP story and acting technology used.  I could never settle for just giving up and never playing it. 

I'll stick to the basic troubleshooting thank you--something you should still try.  Know anyone with a PS3?  See if they will let you install the game on their machine long enough to play through the Prologue and see if you have the same bad luck?

Well, that's it--good luck.

IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (294 Views)
0 Likes