Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 13 2013
By: DaveedT13 Sackboy 468 posts

The DS4 touchpad in Uncharted 4 should be used to...?

5 replies 236 views Edited Dec 13, 2013
Suggestions anyone?

Devs should really use the feature for ADDED GAMEPLAY DEPTH in future PS4 titles.

My idea would be to use the Touchpad to take cover while playing and maybe in some puzzles.

2 reasons for the cover:
1. You could decide if you want to take cover behind an object at your right or left by swiping on one side or the other.
2. It would free the O button to roll ONLY, wich will prevent us from rolling instead or taking cover or vice versa.

Swiping UP in multiplayer could be the way to. High-five! :smileyhappy:

What's your thoughts?
Message 1 of 6 (236 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Re: The DS4 touchpad in Uncharted 4 should be used to...?

Dec 14, 2013

DaveedT13 wrote:
Suggestions anyone?

Devs should really use the feature for ADDED GAMEPLAY DEPTH in future PS4 titles.

My idea would be to use the Touchpad to take cover while playing and maybe in some puzzles.

2 reasons for the cover:
1. You could decide if you want to take cover behind an object at your right or left by swiping on one side or the other.
2. It would free the O button to roll ONLY, wich will prevent us from rolling instead or taking cover or vice versa.

What's your thoughts?

while I think your cover idea is pretty good, I don't think it feels that good to use the touchpad for an action that you have to do very frequently in the game, but I have no idea what to use it for otherwise :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 6 (202 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11176 posts

Dec 15, 2013

Yeah, I'm not so sure about the touchpad's use of cover either. Using the touchpad to do something simple like so and having to swipe it twenty times in a row or more seems like a tiresome activity to concentrate much of your energy on the touchpad.

High-fiving in multiplayer games is probably fine, considering how inessential the feature is to playing the game. :smileywink:

Message 3 of 6 (173 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1247 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2013

The touchpad (The physical button. It clicks in/not just touch tracking) should be the new Triangle. Picking up weapons isn't exactly a quick, reflex intensive gameplay element, so you don't really need access to it on the face buttons. Not only would this possibly clear up the Triangle priority issue (Maybe Click = Gun, Click+Swipe Up = Revive, Click+Swipe Down = Idol, etc.) but there is an entire face button available to use. Maybe triangle can be the roll/drop button while circle will be only for cover.

No? I think Naughty Dog should seriously implement this. The only possible issue is unreliability of the touchpad (Like you fail to revive a teammate because the touchpad didn't respond on the first try)

Message 4 of 6 (118 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

DaveedT13 wrote:
Suggestions anyone?

2 reasons for the cover:

What's your thoughts?

while I think your cover idea is pretty good, I don't think it feels that good to use the touchpad for an action that you have to do very frequently in the game, but I have no idea what to use it for otherwise :smileyhappy:

Yeah maybe you're right, BUT I tried the DS4 for the first time yesterday (I got a PS4, was not intending to buy one before february because there is no games of my interest and because they're hard to find but I tumble on one at walmart yesterday!) and so far the swipes are always connecting on the touch pad the way I want and we can do it with the thumb without needeing to go that far from the X button.  :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Dec 19, 2013

runner21 wrote:

The touchpad (The physical button. It clicks in/not just touch tracking) should be the new Triangle. Picking up weapons isn't exactly a quick, reflex intensive gameplay element, so you don't really need access to it on the face buttons. Not only would this possibly clear up the Triangle priority issue (Maybe Click = Gun, Click+Swipe Up = Revive, Click+Swipe Down = Idol, etc.) but there is an entire face button available to use. Maybe triangle can be the roll/drop button while circle will be only for cover.

No? I think Naughty Dog should seriously implement this. The only possible issue is unreliability of the touchpad (Like you fail to revive a teammate because the touchpad didn't respond on the first try)

Yeah, sound good too, especially since it will also prevent the circle (O) from having 2 uses that interfere.

I really hope we'll have even more control over Drake in the next one, that's one of the main thing that grabs me in Uncharted back at the time, one of the first 3D games that allow us to shoot while being in a multitude of situations (cover-blond, cover, while jumping, while climbing etc), wich is also one of the things that set U2 multiplayer apart from most online shooters.  So I hope ND will add to it even more.  I didn't like that much the canned animations in U3 in single player when you put a grenade on a guy or take his weapon and shoot him, in fact, the animations were SUPERBS but I didn't like that we couldn't choose the one we wanted.  Game are playing more and moe by themselves and I hope it will not get worse.  I want control:smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes