Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 16 2011
By: dizzydee_11 First Son 12 posts

The story of Uncharted 4

15 replies 1346 views Edited Nov 16, 2011

Basically the main idea for my story would be that Drake has given up his adventures and has settled down with Elena.  I think most people can agree with that after finishing Uncharted 3.

Now for the idea.

It could start off with Drake working at a boring desk job feeling unhappy about his current working situation.  He goes home to Elena and his relationship with her is excellent.  Drake feels that working at his boring desk job is worth it if he could spend more time with her.  

The next day after getting off work and heading to his car Drake is approached by either an old friend or a mysterious stranger.  All we know is that this guy knows Drake very well.  The stranger knows about Drake's successful past adventures and wants his help in recovering the Holy Grail.  The stranger shows Drake all the clues he's recovered, but he needs help in understanding what he's got.  

Drake wanting one last adventure agrees to help out the friend or stranger whoever it is that is searching for it, but Drake lies to tell Elena about where he's going.  Now for the destination I'm thinking of starting in the catacombs of Paris.

(I know the catacombs probably have nothing to do with the Holy Grail, but I like the dark setting)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris

So Drake and his partner wander inside the dark catacombs and find the clue they are looking for.  After that happens Drake and his partner are attacked by a mysterious clan whose purpose is to protect the Holy Grail and kill anyone who tries to reach.  

After battling the group and having a near death experience Drake refuses to continue on the hunt for the treasure.  Drake wonders what would happen to Elena if something were to happen to him, so Drake drops out permanently.  The guy tries to ask Drake to reconsider, but Drake still refuses to continue on.  The guy gets really desperate and kidnaps Elena.  

(Now I have two ways for how this goes)

Version A

Drake knows the villain kidnapped Elena and continues to work for him in order to have her returned safely.

Or 

Version B

The villain tricks Drake and tells him that the mysterious clan members were the ones that kidnapped Elena even though it was him all along.

And that's basically it.  We could have stories from King Arthur and Sir Lancelot and they could be the ones who left clues.

Some level ideas:

The church of England

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_England

An old castle out in the forest or maybe King Arthur's Camelot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Idylls_of_the_King_3.jpg

And maybe some locations were the Holy Grail is supposedly being held

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Grail

And that's all.  

You can add your ideas if you want.  

Message 1 of 16 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Your idea, my opinion. i don't like this nothing special...

Nov 16, 2011

Your idea, my opinion. i don't like this nothing special i would rather look for another lost city. Thats not indiana jones. Then i think that kidnapping is soooooooo unpredicatable 0.o .... Ah and this misterious clan, god dammit its not Assassins series ...

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Zwiechu_PL
Message 2 of 16 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
885 posts

Nah sounds way cheesy. Drake is never going to be working...

Nov 16, 2011

Nah sounds way cheesy. Drake is never going to be working a desk and Elena is not the damsel in distress type who needs rescuing, she fights back and won't be held as leverage.

Message 3 of 16 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

So you didn't like Naughty Dog's decision to have Elena c...

Nov 16, 2011
So you didn't like Naughty Dog's decision to have Elena captured in Uncharted 1?

When Roman and Navarro held Elena at gun point.
Message 4 of 16 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Yep, but its not the same.

Nov 17, 2011

Yep i don't like if someone is kidnapped; its not the same, thats not the plot its some kinda episode of game .

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Zwiechu_PL
Message 5 of 16 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
885 posts

Guess you ovelooked the fact that: A) She was taken by a...

Nov 17, 2011

dizzydee_11 wrote:
So you didn't like Naughty Dog's decision to have Elena captured in Uncharted 1?

When Roman and Navarro held Elena at gun point.

Guess you ovelooked the fact that:

A) She was taken by a group of armed soldiers, not just one person (is your guy even armed??)

B) She took charge the first chance she got by trying to warn Nate with the mic, and by kicking the shooter out the chopper.

Message 6 of 16 (1,346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

I'm sorry I didn't state it, but I thought it was common...

Nov 17, 2011

I'm sorry I didn't state it, but I thought it was common sense. I will say it now though, yes the main villain will be armed and he will have his own little thugs whatever they may be pirates, guys in suits, etc.

Also Elena was knocked out after the crash and was still rescued by Drake. If Drake had not shown up Navarro could have easily captured her since she was knocked out.

If you don't like the idea then just say so, but don't pretend it didn't happen in past games.

Message 7 of 16 (1,345 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
885 posts

So what are you saying he knocks Elena out now? Anyone co...

Nov 17, 2011

dizzydee_11 wrote:

I'm sorry I didn't state it, but I thought it was common sense. I will say it now though, yes the main villain will be armed and he will have his own little thugs whatever they may be pirates, guys in suits, etc.

Also Elena was knocked out after the crash and was still rescued by Drake. If Drake had not shown up Navarro could have easily captured her since she was knocked out.

If you don't like the idea then just say so, but don't pretend it didn't happen in past games.

So what are you saying he knocks Elena out now? Anyone could get captured if they were knocked out. How does he just knock her out? So many missing peices from your story (which is not happening btw).

Message 8 of 16 (1,345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

I thought it would be obvious to well the average reader...

Nov 17, 2011
I thought it would be obvious to well the average reader that I did not write down every single detail. I assumed people would understand that villains would have weapons and so on. Sorry for not making it detailed enough for you to understand.

I just assumed people would pick up on the fact that this is just a story pitch and nothing else.
Message 9 of 16 (1,345 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

**bleep**... Your level ideas London and Paris? We had all game...

Nov 18, 2011

**bleep**... Your level ideas London and Paris?

We had all games in there already.

We need something new...

Uncharted - Island

Uncharted 2 - City and Snow(Tiber-Asia)

Uncharted 3 - City, Desert(Sand) and Ship

What we now real need is Atlantis !!!

Atlantis, and then game ends in Dubai, where you go to top, helicopters blow everything up and also boss fight.

I wrote so many books, i would make better sotry then you.

Also there is need Africa. So ye, Africa, Atlantis and Dubai is next IDEA

Message 10 of 16 (1,345 Views)
0 Likes