Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1922 posts

Re: ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: August Edition **

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2013
In all your games from Uncharted and The Last Of Us, why didn't you guys make the Campaigns co-op, despite only several sections of your games truly leaving you Solo?
Message 41 of 64 (378 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1247 posts

Aug 6, 2013

[Uncharted 3]

Are there any final plans to include (all?) the Block Mesh Maps in Custom Games? It would be a great wave of final support.

Message 42 of 64 (355 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Well, I just wanted to ask if in all your future games: Are you going to make difficult more difficult and easy easier?  Its just that I keep reading complaints about the games either being to easy (mostly) or there being to hard (once in a while).  

I for one think that the games are almost riduculously easy.  When I keep playing difficult, it's too easy.  I wish there was a super difficult option or something.

But please don't make difficult to just simply mean less life or ammo.  

1.  Please make a more complex melee system.  Yes, keep square as the Melee button (popular demand), but let us incorporate all the other buttons.  Please, above all, do everything to avoid button baging!  We will use square to Mellee, but that doesn't mean we're going to be banging on square.  We still have to plan are attacks and position ourselves to land our blows, and if the situation doesn't call for it, get penaltalized for banging on square; yes punching into thin air.  If its a struggle, please use the six axis instead of square banging: its more life like.

2.  More skillful counters.  I rather have triangle as block, which will work, but if you try to block a cast iron, likewise you will still get damage.  Counters usually depend on the circumstance.  That through six axis dodging and maybe X for quick duct, we can be close to the enemy with them off guard, and an icon for pressing multible botton combinations will pop up.  Such as square and O for grab, and six axis around for flip.  Yes, we have clikckers coming at us, so we have to make it quick.

3.. Keep stelth but make enemies stronger and SMARTER.   I just want more ingenuity than just crawling behind people and pushing triangle.  Make us have to plan it out more, such as using environment and ploys.

4.  Make enemies smarter!  in all forms of the game, make us learn new battle strategies on how to take out a room of very skilled enemies, and we have to keep dynamically improving to the very end.

Well, back to the question: Are you going to make difficult more difficult?  I dream of the day that it takes an expert gamer a whole week to finish a game!  Man, to really get our $60 bucks to carry longer.  Let me ask what do you think about the difficulty level of your own games?  I know you think they're relatively easy; don't deny it!

Message 43 of 64 (348 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Aug 6, 2013
Ohh, last.

5. Treasure hunting. Make us have to think just as much for hidden treasure in TLOU 2 as Uncharted 3. Yes, survivors are going to be a lot more ghetto about it than the rich hierarchy of the past, but they still are going to know how to keep their treasure out of the wrong hands after they die. We have to figure our the puzzle they leave behind. Like combining small inadvertent clues found in diaries throughout the game.
Message 44 of 64 (345 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 6, 2013

When are you going to respond to the technical issues that people are having with The Last of US. It's extremely frustrating to post a problem and see no resolution offered. In my particular case, some of the game movies won't load, which is frustrating given the awesome story. I and others would like to know that something is being done to address the issues.

Message 45 of 64 (341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I sent you an email two days ago requesting copyright permission to have a shirt printed.  I sent the designs as attachments.  Have you gotten a request like that before?  Will I have any shot at getting permission to print?

Message 46 of 64 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Will you ever be able to combine Google Maps satelite street view technology into a real life game?

I mean with lighting fast speed internet, ever increasing gigabyte procesors, more than enough ram, and a ever receptive WiFi card with PlaysStation 4, I see us having enough ram to download a whole section of a city in street view as our background, with developers making a whole real life game out of it. No need to have artists draw everything out, its already there in cyberspace.

I just mention this becuase what makes TLOU stand out so much is it being so real that we recognize roads and cities as exactly what they look like.  I think this made it stand out more than the Uncharted series simply becuase the game as a whole was more real and life like.

Message 47 of 64 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Will there ever be a day in which we could have multiplayer game levels themselves?

People love multiplayer, but in the game they're always up against the computer.  I always thought it would be so cool if we could team up with our own friends and and take out the literal level together.

Not to mention.....

The enemies we go up against can be real people!  I think its possible.  Just like any chat room people walk in and leave at any time, and if there's more enemies than people, the computer can always take over that character.

I imagine the enemies to be something like Playstation Network, where the gamer with the most tropies is the leader of the pact, and can choose to kick out and turn back to computer anyone he chooses (you better listen to him).  His main goal: KIll Joel and Ellie.  The whole suspence is they may be in social environment for hours trying to prepare there defences, or just simply shooting it (we can invent enemy games to kill time), then, out of nowhere comes a Joel and Ellie taking them out one by one. 

Yes Joel is out numbered, but through a good time of play through, we can figure out how much handicap Joel needs so even up against the most elite enemy players, its still possible for an expert Joel to defeat all enemies in an expert gaming room.  Yes, Joel is ment to win, but ohh how good it will be if a leader takes out a King gamer Joel through mere ingeniousness.  Just once, becuase once Joel dies, He gets an infinate chance to keep coming back until he defeats that pack.  After the first death, all defenses are done away with and enemys go back to default, a small handicap for Joel if he dies.

Message 48 of 64 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

Not sure this interesting Q & A thread is still viable?

** Spoiler Alert **  The Last of Us

1.  Right after Henry shoots himself Ellie says "Oh my God".  Isn't this out of place--not in Ellie's vocabulary...by her age, situation, and character development?  She never before or after uses this phrase iirc and I'm wondering what ND's intent is here?  Ellie has at least one much more colorful, spontaneous, and appropriate expression (imo) she prefers to use.  Please explain.

IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Message 49 of 64 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

** Spoiler Alert **  The Last of Us...

2.  Many gamers seem to think Ellie was prepared to give her life up for a vaccine cure to the infection--as if this was what her mother would have wanted and Marlene raised Ellie to feel even BEFORE she was bitten and discovered she was somehow immune.  Switching to the present in the story I think Ellie was full of life and practical and very willing to allow herself to be conventionally used for biopsies and the like to maybe find/develop a vaccine but absolutely was not will to die on the off chance a vaccine might come from her death.  And until the last day after the surgeon leaves his examination notes and Marlene reluctantly gives her okay no one knew the gravity of the situation.  When Joel found these notes left in the hospital his purpose to rescue Ellie became all the more crystal clear beyond is reluctant growing fondness for her.

The fact that Ellie didn't have a clue what had transpired since drowning only supports my ill feelings of the Fireflies.  Ellie was given no choice because the Fireflies knew after the unconscious examination and results were in that Ellie would not make the choice to die.

If it is/was ND's intent all along after Ellie was infected but immune for her to give up her life so willingly for a vaccine would you please explain how and where that is known in the story and most importantly why would a 14 year old unquestionably accept this?

Thank you.

IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Message 50 of 64 (271 Views)
0 Likes