First Son
1 posts

Re: ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: August Edition **

Aug 10, 2013
I've encountered a bug/glitch in TLOU multiplayer that won't go away. The supply boxes aren't showing up in any way, shape, or form. I'm just watching my teammates grab the ground. Please fix or tell me how to fix it, because it's making the entire multiplayer unplayable for me, and it's quite frustrating.
Message 51 of 64 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Aug 11, 2013

how long will the season pass be available in the playstation store, because there is no way I will buy it now if I have no clue what I am getting for it (I want coop with infected in multiplayer, and I buy it once I know that is what we are getting), and after that horrible Fortune Hunters Club season pass there is no way I am going to trust you my money again before I know what I am getting...

Message 52 of 64 (566 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 11, 2013

In multiplayer could you make it so you face players around your level and not against lvl 160s

Message 53 of 64 (549 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 12, 2013

If there will be a sequel to The Last of Us, will you have some of it take place in Portland or Seattle??? :smileywink:

Message 54 of 64 (537 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6747 posts

Aug 29, 2013

"What happened to extras such as infinite ammo, character selection, weapon selection, no gravity, slow motion, fast motion, etc.? Those where extremely fun to use in Uncharted 1 and 2 and the Jak and Daxter games also had something similar." - hjidontknow

We always try to include those kinds of extras in our games where possible, but with our latest games we’ve just been doing so much with the Naughty Dog engine that putting in some of these extras could cause some unforeseen things to happen that would not be awesome to experience as a player. For those reasons, we decided it was best to leave them out.

"[Uncharted 3] Are there any final plans to include (all?) the Block Mesh Maps in Custom Games? It would be a great wave of final support." - runner21

We’d love to all of them, however we can’t. We’re running into a memory limitation which we didn’t realize we would run into – we’ve expanded U3 multiplayer far beyond our original spec. It limits us to four different Block Mesh Maps in Custom Games.

"TLoU Multiplayer. (AWESOME) A possible PING toggle? More Lobby information on Friends (ex: "In Lobby with 3 Players and “Supply Raid - Bills Town - 7 Minutes Remaining")?" - DOPESTSOLDIER

We looked into things like a ping toggle (as oft requested by U3 and TLOU players) and more descriptive info on your friends, among other things that are on your collective requests lists. However, those are features we couldn’t implement from the start or add into the game. We all have hope that we can include them in the future, and we’ll continue to keep all those in mind as we develop future games, however things don’t always work out as planned. Sorry it’s not there this time around.

"What other things do those of us who hold a season's pass have to look forward to for showing our early loyalty to the title? And how long is the duration of said season pass? Ok so that was 2 more questions... my apologies. I am very enthusiastic about this title and want to know more!" - GOW71

We’re glad you’re excited about our upcoming DLC. I know I am!

The Season Pass will cover the three DLC releases. It already included five difference pieces of exclusive day one items as a bonus who jumped on the train early. We listed those here: http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_pre_order_the_digital_edition_and_the_dlc_season_...

That is not to say that we will only release three DLC packs – that’s just all we have planned right now. That may or may not change in the future. We’ll let you know when we know more – but first things, first! We’ve got a new patch and game mode dropping, and our first DLC drop to work on!

“What exactly is the dlc and when is it releasing? How do you honestly go about selling a season pass when you don't even know what the dlc will actually be?”

We can’t tell you any more than we have revealed already about the DLC. That’s for a few reasons – one of which is just to reveal this information in a way that gets us the most news possible so even folks other than you – our faithful community – find out about TLOU and our DLC drops. That doesn’t mean we don’t know what the DLC will be. We have had a plan for the DLC content from the moment we agreed to have a Season Pass – which was some time before we announced the Pass. That doesn’t mean that the DLC always works out to be exactly as planned – sometimes things end up not feeling as good or as fun as we would think once it’s in the game, so we have to leave ourselves a little room to make adjustments.

"Why was there no information on the TLOU Multiplayer until close to the release date?  Also why was there no beta for the MP? Surely this has had a negative impact for the player pool.  I have some friends who didn't even know TLOU had a MP." - TimeWarnerSux

We hope you’ve been telling all your friends about TLOU Multiplayer – it does sound like you have. Thanks for that. We had to make a decision when revealing info about The Last of Us during development. With our first new IP in several years, we started to realize that it was important to setup the single-player story and gameplay mechanics the best way possible. That’s why our focus was on the single-player aspects of the game until just prior to launch. That also means we couldn’t schedule in a beta – as that would hit during key reveals of single-player info.

“Any news on more MP gamemodes?”

Funny you should ask that – did you check out the PlayStation blog post on the Interrogation game mode that went live today morning? J

Go check it out: http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_patch_103_interrogation_mode/

It comes out with TLOU patch 1.03 – which will start rolling out across all regions sometime in the next 24 hours.

“I sent you an email two days ago requesting copyright permission to have a shirt printed.  I sent the designs as attachments.  Have you gotten a request like that before?  Will I have any shot at getting permission to print?”

I don’t think I recall your specific e-mail right now, but I’ll take a look. As a general rule for these kinds of things – if you’re trying to print any of our artwork or screenshots or anything else that isn’t a wholly original piece of art you created, we won’t be able to grant copyright permission to get something printed. It’s also not fair to the folks we have been partnering with to get TLOU merch made since they run a business.

But – the flipside is, if you or one of your friends can create a wholly original piece of artwork based on our games, that art is yours to do with what you wish!

“Can haz cheezeburger?

Yes?

"In all your games from Uncharted and The Last of Us, why didn't you guys make the Campaigns co-op, despite only several sections of your games truly leaving you Solo?" - Quinzen8

It all comes down to maintaining a tightly crafted experience and narrative. We’ve found all too often that having two player controlled characters means a high likelihood that one of the players would go “off script” and do things that could break players from the fiction we worked so hard to create. That was something we felt enough of a potential negative that we decided to focus on creating the single-player experience, and focusing on continually iterating our friendly NPC AI.

Message 55 of 64 (265 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Please continue...  I've got two burning questions just prior to your most recent response here (posted 3 weeks ago).  If you don't feel like attempting to answer either question PLEASE suggest who I might contact/correspond with who will take on the answers.  Thank you.

IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Message 56 of 64 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Can haz cheezeburger?

Dude, you know they're gonna answer this question and evade the tough ones... :smileyindifferent:

EXACTLY WHAT THEY JUST DID! Of course they ignored all questions regarding the censorship. F U ND!

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 57 of 64 (245 Views)
Sackboy
450 posts

Re: UPDATED ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: August Edition **

Aug 30, 2013
Thank you for answering my question ND! Hopefully we'll get that Lobby Info in the future!
Message 58 of 64 (212 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Aug 30, 2013
Good answers. I'm serious.
NaughtyDog, you always make my favorite games!
[Former Forum Tag Champion]
Adapt or perish!

*The L in alex is an i.

Message 59 of 64 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Aug 31, 2013
I've waited for quite some time, just to see bland questions, and answers. Gah. Dangit, Scootgar. ;_;
Message 60 of 64 (180 Views)
0 Likes