First Son
3 posts

Re: ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: February Edition **

Feb 13, 2014

When did they say that about the sequel?

Message 41 of 47 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Multiplayer trophies have never been a problem, I have the trilogy Unchated to 100%. Naughty Dog will add multiplayer trophies related The Last Of Us Abandoned Territories Map Pack?

Message 42 of 47 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 14, 2014

With the outstanding success with The Last of Us, do you feel as obligated to create a sequel? 
I personally feel like TLoU is a magnificent game a by itself and and sequel or prequel would somehow spoil it, but I know a lot of fans would love to see a sequel or even another game set in the same universe. 

A follow up question as well, If you think The Last of Us should remain a stand alone title, what ideas do you have for a new IP?
I seriously think a dinosaur game by your company would be the greatest thing to bestow the earth. But that's just me. 

Thankyou and best wishes for the future. 
Your loyal fan, 
Keetchifurus

Message 43 of 47 (276 Views)
PlayStation Support
6748 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2014

"What is the average number of people playing factions per day?" - Nick-A-30

We see anywhere between 5,000-10,000 concurrent players daily depending on day of the week, what content was released that period, and other factors. Total users per day are likely around 3x that. 

"Will there ever be any likelihood of seeing a Last of Us prequel per se, as in continuing on from the events of when the outbreak first happens? Perhaps portraying Joel's backstory this time?" - Bruce_Wayne_1989

Did you read The Last of Us: American Dreams? That’s a prequel story. So is The Last of Us: Left Behind story chapter we just released. As for other stories, we’re not sure yet what’s going to happen.

Please tell me why TLOU will not have Co-op, you confirmed it but you haven't explained it. – Redouanfaka

For single player or multiplayer? In both cases we’re telling a very specific narrative. Co-op never worked for the single player game. Just broke the player feedback loop too greatly. For Factions it’s the story of your clan. We don’t think co-op gameplay fits that narrative. Additionally, we tried some co-op modes and they weren’t as fun. We feel we hit the right tone for the MP with Factions.

"what are we going to see in the 3rd DLC for The Last of us, will it be more maps and another game mode maybe? And is there a possibility of a zombies game mode? – xCruelAsSaSsiNx

We just mentioned it in our latest blog post. We’ll have more details as the in-game elements become ready to show!

"IF the DLC maps in The Last of Us multiplayer become free in the future, can you PLEASE patch them into the game? And if you're not too busy with TLOU, Uncharted on PS4 and any other possible projects you're working on... PLEASE patch the Uncharted 3 DLC maps into the game?" – SjShane

Your question is a bit confusing but we have the maps as separate content on the hard drive because that’s the way our MP tech works. You’ll need to download the maps to play them.

"Will you give us more custom loadouts? 4 is not enough. Even the ability to override the default classes. 7 would suffice. This cannot be hard to do, and I'm sure everyone would appreciate it." – INCANGENERAL

We’ll pass this message along to the MP team.  Often it’s a matter of what works within the UI we set up for the game but we’ll see what’s possible.

"What are your plans on addressing the issues / programming bugs which are easier to locate and correct like: Wrong ammo from boxes after loadout changes, flamethrower ammo which cannot be picked up, flamethrower ammo used when executing, triangle priority? - A fellow Software Engineer" -  foofighter2634

We’re continually working on patches. Please report any issues to our multiplayer technical forums. You’ll see fixes in the next patch for some of these.

"Concerning the smoke bomb in multiplayer of Last of Us. I'm sure many are aware that climbing over a piece of cover or any object really while the smoke is going off completely negates the effect of the smoke bomb stun. I'm wondering what your take is on this occurrence? Like is it intended, a bug, or what and if you plan on leaving it alone or looking into some sort of fix, if needed, behind the mechanics of this." - sanddude20

We’re aware of this issue and looking to address it in the next patch. We’ll see how it works out but it might involve applying the stun after the vault or climb.

"With the outstanding success with The Last of Us, do you feel as obligated to create a sequel? Thank you and best wishes for the future. Your loyal fan, Keetchifurus." – Keetchifurus

We certainly are grateful for all the support and success, yes! We haven’t decided what’s next besides UNCHARTED for PS4. Once we do you all will definitely be the first people to know!

"How do you guys manage staffing when it comes to working on your main projects and your DLC, especially between two teams?" - Rogue_Eagle

The philosophy here has always been all hands on deck. We do set up roles between main game projects and DLC but everyone is just a short roll of your desk chair or short walk away. All our tech libraries are shared and we work as collaboratively as humanly possible.

"Uncharted 3 Question. Story wise how hard was it for the writers to pull all the previous plot together for this game and what challenges arose from this, thanks." - Fletcherrenn08

That’s a big question. The idea of telling the story of Young Drake and Young Sully along with Marlowe really helped to cement the narrative and make the character motivations deeper. There are always a slew of challenges that arise but we feel we did a good job of pulling it all together.

"As Uncharted 3 enters its sunset months and in anticipation of the next Uncharted game, can we expect any more XP/Cash/Treasure events for Uncharted 3? And a follow on question... Is there any chance that treasures could be activated either for custom games or turned on for all modes on the competitive side? As hard as it is to complete a lot of the coop sets, at least you can still get them in custom games... For some competitive modes it's getting increasingly difficult to even find matches. >EDIT:  To clarify my second question... I'm suggesting that either treasures be turned on for custom games for all competitive modes (not a great solution because it invites boosting) OR that it's made possible to get any comp treasure in any comp mode." - CaptainProduce67

After two and a half years of support, we’ve slowed resources devoted to U3 events such as The Lab and XP/Treasure events but have a few more things planned for this year. There’s no way to activate treasure for custom games. We have the treasure sets rarity as it is set because, well, it is Treasure and we want that challenge to remain.  Be on the lookout for a couple U3 events this year that might be helpful. 

Message 44 of 47 (118 Views)
Fender Bender
2170 posts

Re: UPDATED ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: February Edition **

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2014
I'm speechless! I know my post wasn't super clear, (due to shortening it five times lol), but I'm pretty sure it got the point across...

*Can you please patch the **bleep** maps into the game when they become free? Because it's causing nothing but trouble.*

Not sure how they took my question as "How do DLC maps work?" but I'm booking a CAT-scan now, good day!
Pepsi
Message 45 of 47 (122 Views)
Fender Bender
2619 posts

Mar 1, 2014

SjShane wrote:
I'm speechless! I know my post wasn't super clear, (due to shortening it five times lol), but I'm pretty sure it got the point across...

*Can you please patch the **bleep** maps into the game when they become free? Because it's causing nothing but trouble.*

Not sure how they took my question as "How do DLC maps work?"  But i'm booking a CAT- scan now, good day!

LOOL!! They could have just said they don't have the resources to currently do it instead ._. 

Message 46 of 47 (101 Views)
Survivor
2182 posts

Mar 1, 2014
@SjShane you could try rephrasing it I guess, I understood it as, "Since the DLC maps in UC3 are FREE, can you put them in the game through a patch, and get rid of the DLC toggle, that way the player pool isn't so separated?" Either that or patch the game so it forces you to download it, all while maintaining 1 playlist for each mode (dlc, non dlc is obsolete)
Message 47 of 47 (94 Views)