Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Re: ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: February Edition **

Feb 5, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

What's your favourite colour?

Hey ND can you please IP ban this guy from the forums?

Message 11 of 47 (511 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 6, 2014

ND, you recently mentioned and showed us an alternative ending to this game. Although I think this was very wise to exclude from the real ending..... will you ever find time to actually add the alternative ending as an added bonus (to maybe the season pass holders)? Obviously, not in the main game, but on the extras in the options or additional cutscene?

Thanks! Look forward to future installments!

young beard signature
Message 12 of 47 (482 Views)
Fender Bender
3805 posts

Feb 6, 2014

Do you have any pets?

Message 13 of 47 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2422 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2014

IF the DLC maps in The Last of Us multiplayer become free in the future, can you PLEASE patch them into the game? And if you're not too busy with TLOU, Uncharted on PS4 and any other possible projects you're working on... PLEASE patch the Uncharted 3 DLC maps into the game?

I'd like to bring up my reasons for asking this, and I know this is a big thing to ask, and these are your games, but please hear me out.

The split playerpools are causing terrible lag related issues, if I can manage to find players in the DLC pool, they will usually have 1-2 Ping bars, but on rare occasions I can find some more suitable players. Hypothetically, let's say I find four players with 4-5 bars in the DLC pool and the other five have 1-2. But in the Default pool, I find five players with 4-5 bars, and another four with 1-2. I could be having a perfect experience, but since the pools have split the players, it won't happen.

Dead game modes... Classic, Elimination, Hunter, and now Three Team Deathmatch, Free For All and even Team Objective at times. I can always pick up a few players with both DLC on and off, but it drops them before it could find enough players, with no toggle I would no longer be waiting 20+ mintues to play a game.   Team Deathmatch is fine, both DLC and Default pools are quick, it's just one has decent players (DLC) and the other has F2P newbies and parties of five going after them, which brings me to the next issue...

There's parties that purposely hunt down the Free To Play newbies in the Default pool, then lobby quit if they find high level players. 90% of them have the DLC but just never use it, I've check their trophies.

You're losing a huge number of future F2P customers to these remaining KDR/WLR D-Bags, you might as well set some money on fire if you plan to include leaderboards and stat-cards in future games, it's much quicker. - But that's another issue altogether.

This map problem is a bigger issue than any "Over Powered" weapon the community complains about. If you can't patch these into the game, would my alternative suggestion be possible? (No idea if you've read it).

"If ND won't patch these maps into the game, the alternative is to remove the toggle, and make the Map Pack Bundle the only downloadable version on the PS Store. Then turn the default pool off and have a pop-up saying "Download the DLC maps to play online" when ever anyone tries to play without downloading the maps.

Booyah! One giant player pool with less lag, and all the maps will have a fair chance of showing up."

And:

"However, if they were concerned for the F2P players having to wait even longer after just installing the client, they could always include the maps within the F2P add-on, so any new players will have the maps by default. Then the only people who would have to download the bundle are those who bought the early editions without buying the maps, and the F2P players who downloaded the client prior to the update."

But for all I know, that could require more effort and resources than it would to just simply patch them in. This issue is huge, and it pains me to see Uncharted 3 MP having the same fate as Uncharted 2 MP.

This isn't about giving players the choice to download the maps, the maps are free, they SHOULD be downloading them, they SHOULD be in the DLC pool and having fun. But sadly it seems many high-levels can only think about abusing the system, and most F2P players don't bother reading anything to do with the game. If you do decide to intervene with UC3 and fix this mess, you need not worry about loosing any players, the player pool would most likely increase.

The Last of Us MP will have the same fate handed to it if it follows Uncharted 2 & 3.   And think, if those maps get patched into the game, no more "DLC - No Parties" requests!

And sorry this ended up so long, just quote the beginning if you do answer this question, LOL!

Pepsi
Message 14 of 47 (470 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Feb 6, 2014
Will there ever be any likelyhood of seeing a last of us prequel per se, as in continuing on from the events of when the outbreak first happens ? Perhaps portraying Joel's backstory this time ?
Message 15 of 47 (438 Views)
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Feb 6, 2014

I wanted to say I totally agree with SjShane, you should patch in the maps, because most people aren't aware they are free or don't bother to download them, so just patch them in, why create a split player pool when it's completely not nescesary?

Message 16 of 47 (428 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Feb 6, 2014

¡Hey Dog's! Question time...

On Chapter of Tommy's Dam, on the Ranch after all the fight, on this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub4pdieMAWw

¿What happends on 6:40? *Ellie riding on horse* ¿Why it was so blurry or fast? I think it was my PS3 but no, i always think of that everytime i replay it, ¡And congratulations to Neil for WGA award! Smiley Happy

Tommy?

Holy s...

Message 17 of 47 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Feb 7, 2014

How do you guys manage staffing when it comes to working on your main projects and your DLC, especially between two teams? 

Message 18 of 47 (402 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 7, 2014
Why do are hit markers not given at times in CQC? For example, the shorty doesn't always hit a melee attacker even though the reticule is on the attackers chest.
Message 19 of 47 (398 Views)
Splicer
41 posts

Feb 7, 2014
ok ignored one time lets see this one, can we will ever be able to change at least our gender on our character?? or are you guys planing on puting something new in customization??
Message 20 of 47 (337 Views)