Fender Bender
2812 posts

Re: ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: March Edition **

Mar 3, 2014

Do you plan to implement cinema mode? Surely it must be easier with 8 players instead of 10 (UC2/UC3)...

Message 11 of 35 (408 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
382 posts

Mar 3, 2014

Will The Last of Us be receiving any type of coop mode, such as a horde mode where survivors fight against infected AI, at any point in the future? Even if it's not a part of the Season Pass, I think a lot of people are interested and think it'd fit this infected apocalyptic world like a glove.

Message 12 of 35 (403 Views)
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Mar 3, 2014
How come enemies don't bleed a pool of blood in factions after being shived (like single player)
Message 13 of 35 (392 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2014

sir_marcodiddi wrote:

Hello! Is there any news you can give us about "The Last of Us: Definitive Edition" on PS4? The demand seems to be extremely high! I know i would definitely re-buy it in a sec!

Nah. I'd rather them focus their time and resources on a sequel than a re-mastered edition. Although they could do it AFTER the sequel Smiley Wink

young beard signature
Message 14 of 35 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

Mar 4, 2014

Why didn't any of the characters in The Last of Us and Left Behind have any middle or last names? I think Ellie would have meant more if she had Ashley Johnson's name for middle and last in my opinion. Ellie Ashley Johnson is what Ellie's full name would be and would add uniqueness and sentimental meaning to Ashley and to the players. Same goes for Joel, Riley, Bill, Tess, Tommy, Marlene, David and any other characters I left out.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 15 of 35 (381 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Mar 4, 2014

Was Uncharted 4 started while production of The Last of Us was going on? If so, what were the feelings of The Last of Us team towards the fact that the Uncharted team was able to work with the PS4 earlier than them?

Message 16 of 35 (364 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Mar 4, 2014

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

Why didn't any of the characters in The Last of Us and Left Behind have any middle or last names? I think Ellie would have meant more if she had Ashley Johnson's name for middle and last in my opinion. Ellie Ashley Johnson is what Ellie's full name would be and would add uniqueness and sentimental meaning to Ashley and to the players. Same goes for Joel, Riley, Bill, Tess, Tommy, Marlene, David and any other characters I left out.

I think I can answer this one.

I understand you'd like for them to have full names but I think from a storytelling perspective it would serve no purpose in this instance hence them leaving it out.

Message 17 of 35 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3418 posts

Mar 4, 2014
@Exotic ND said resource issues kept them from adding a more in dept character customization, as for colors though they said bright pink and purple colors are too goofy for this games world, and doesn't fit the scarcity of it.
Message 18 of 35 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Mar 4, 2014

Will Shade Survival and The Fort co op chapter be free sometime?

At least for a week

Message 19 of 35 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2415 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2014
Let's try this again.

Now that the Uncharted 3 DLC maps are free, can you please patch them into the game? And if you make DLC maps free in future games, can you please do the same? The toggle serves no purpose unless you want to exploit match making to find newer players.

If that's no good, you could also force players to download the maps in order to continue playing.

Your games can't handle split playerpools when they are on their last legs, don't believe me? Search for a game of Elimination or Classic mode with DLC turned on, if you manage to find players after a long wait, the distance lag between you both will be insane. Even popular modes like Team Deathmatch and Team Objective are suffering.

You're losing potential customers by keeping the toggle, new F2P players will be welcomed into UC3 by facing a PO5 of stat freaks and being unable to learn anything, they will quit and won't buy any hats or add-ons because they believe they won't ever be good at this game. Rank based match making doesn't help, and it didn't work either. Removing this toggle and stat cards is the only way. There's no need to be worried about losing those players who built up their stats by quitting and noob stomping, they have actully caused you to lose money and the sooner you stop supporting them the better. There's also many other issues too, but I'm going to keep this post shorter than my last one.

All three map packs together are 754.2MB, which would be around a 1-3 hour wait for people with decent connections, but most people will already have them by now, and you can easily set up the F2P client so they have the maps downloaded by default.

It's also worth noting, if this had been done in Uncharted 2, modes like Plunder, Objectives and Elimination may have still been alive and active today. But instead, players got tired of only finding 3-6 players, so switched to trusty ol' Team Deathmatch, now Uncharted 2 has only one active competitive mode.
Pepsi
Message 20 of 35 (379 Views)