Fender Bender
3303 posts

Re: ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: March Edition **

Mar 4, 2014

indm50 wrote:

Will Shade Survival and The Fort co op chapter be free sometime?

At least for a week

come on dude go buy them lol.

Both Shade & Fort are $1.50 each. 

Message 21 of 35 (392 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Mar 4, 2014

Hi guys,

after The Last of Us is out since half a year now, and the SP DLC is released as well, you probably got a huge amount of feedback.

What is the one thing in or around the game (main game, multiplayer or DLCs) you would do differently / would like to change in retrospective?

I don't take "nothing" for an answer, there is always something Smiley Very Happy

Thanks

Art by Janice Chu
Message 22 of 35 (389 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

Mar 4, 2014
Aww Quizen thats too bad. Would have been a great idea.
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 23 of 35 (374 Views)
Sackboy
378 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Would you please consider a Ranking / Ladder system for U3/U4 and TLOU/2 MP?

Matchmaking by "level" doesn't always adequately reflect skill but rather time played, resulting in some very lopsided games.

Message 24 of 35 (334 Views)
Splicer
41 posts

Mar 6, 2014

ND, when you are trying to add something new to customization?, like gender select at least

Message 25 of 35 (290 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Mar 8, 2014

SjShane wrote:
Let's try this again, can you please patch the DLC maps into Uncharted 3 since they are free? And if you make DLC maps free in future games, can you please do the same? The toggle serves no purpose unless you want to exploit match making so you only face new players.

Your games can't handle split playerpools when they are on their last legs, don't believe me? Search for a game of Elimination or Classic mode with DLC turned on, if you manage to find players after a long wait, the distance lag between you both will be insane. Even popular modes like Team Deathmatch and Team Objective are suffering. There's also many other issues too, but I'm going to keep this post short compared to my last.

You're losing potential customers by keeping the toggle, new F2P players will be welcomed into UC3 by facing a PO5 of stat freaks and being unable to learn anything, they will quit and won't buy any hats or add-ons because they believe they won't ever be good at this game. Rank based match making doesn't help, and it didn't work. Removing this toggle and stat cards is the only way. There's no need to be worried about losing those players who bulit up their stats by quitting and noob stomping, they have actully caused you to lose money and the sooner you stop supporting them the better.

All three map packs grouped together are 754.2MB, which would be around a 1-3 hour wait for people with decent connections, but most people will already have them by now, and you can easily set up the F2P client so they have the maps downloaded by default.

It's also worth noting, if this had been done in Uncharted 2, modes like Plunder, Objectives and Elimination may have still been alive and active today. But instead, players got tired of only finding 3-6 players, so switched to trusty ol' Team Deathmatch, now Uncharted 2 only has one active competitive mode.

I'm just trying to shorten your point. 

I think what you're trying to say is: When players go to play multiplayer, can ND make it so a prompt prevents them from playing unless they have the DLC maps all downloaded, considering they are all free, right?

So, instead of "patching in the multiplayer maps", you just want ND to force people to download all of the maps by telling them to (with a prompt or something) so everyone will have the same content and will shorten the divide of players. This kinda happens in gears of war, which is why I understand what you're saying.

This is what you're talking about, yes? If so, then yes, I support your question. Going by ND's answer the last time, though, I don't think they know what you meant, and neither did I until I read your second post. 

Message 26 of 35 (254 Views)
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Mar 8, 2014
@Rogue_Eagle Yep, that's what I'm saying! But if they decide to do this, they can patch the maps into the game or force the download, both options work.

I have a tendency to go on too much, then I reread my posts and notice they are really long so start editing them. Most of the time, it's pretty messy, haha.
Pepsi
Message 27 of 35 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

Mar 9, 2014

Quinzen8 wrote:
@Exotic ND said resource issues kept them from adding a more in dept character customization, as for colors though they said bright pink and purple colors are too goofy for this games world, and doesn't fit the scarcity of it.

While a color wheel would be nice, however, adding pink and purple colors doesn't really fit the whole "horror" and "scariness" aspect of the game. Maybe blue (Hunter's colors), yellow (Firefly color), green (Firefly again), red or any color that is seen in the single player mode. With these colors, maybe add some bloody stains, dirt stains, rips/tears, etc etc onto the hats just like the Dia de los Muertos mask has.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 28 of 35 (229 Views)
Fender Bender
3397 posts

Mar 10, 2014
^I can only hope ND is hard at work on this as we speak.
Message 29 of 35 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Mar 11, 2014

Why did you make so many ridiculous customization items such as the Bird Nest hat for the U3 MP? I don't mind things like an Antique Mask or Bandannas, but a lot of these items make the game look like Team Fortress 2.

Message 30 of 35 (287 Views)