Welcoming Committee
13774 posts

Re: ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: November Edition **

Nov 6, 2013

Two questions rolled into one:

Will you support the PS4 with Uncharted 3 F2P and possibly a The Last of Us F2P?

Message 21 of 33 (216 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Are you thinking about adding settings for custom games? Would be nice to tweak settings for a custom game?

Also did you miss me?
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 22 of 33 (208 Views)
First Son
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2013

Hey ND, TLoU was a great experience.  Obviously, I kind of knew the SP would be great, but the MP was surprisingly good.  Just had a simple question regarding MP:

Will there ever be any sort of customization options besides hats/masks?  The lack of any desirable unlocks is the reason that I have kind of lost interest in the MP.  Which is kind of sad, since I should play it just for fun, but I kind of need to be working towards something and right now there isn't really anything there that I like.

Thanks and looking forward to the SP dlc.

Message 23 of 33 (201 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Jak4 Yes? or Yes? or maybe?

Message 24 of 33 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Can you please nerf the amount of explosives being tossed around in any given game? It has gotten absolutely ridiculous as of Patch 1.05.

Message 25 of 33 (189 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Sorry (and please ignore) if this has been asked before.

Are there more modes (paid DLC or free mode) coming to Multiplayer? If so, please tell us when you guys are releasing it, like end of year, Q1/2 2014, something like that. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 26 of 33 (179 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Will you ever switch boosters or revert any feature just like they/it were/was in 1.17?

Thanks in advance.

Message 27 of 33 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
306 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Based on a suggestion on a topic I started the other day:

Is it possible that there could be a parts reward for aiding a revival in MP (ie. someone is already reviving a teammate and you jump in to help)?

Some thoughts on this were:

1) 50 parts or 25 parts, depending on how much you helped

2) 25 parts awarded per quarter-circle healed (as if the revival circle was broken into quarters (similar to how parts are awarded via healing with First Aid Training))

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Message 28 of 33 (134 Views)
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Nov 11, 2013

wow that link is so outdated  march  2013

Message 29 of 33 (227 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6748 posts

Nov 19, 2013

"In this episode of the Invisible Walls, Justin Richmond mentions another Easter egg in Uncharted 3 for TLOU. Is there really another Easter egg, or is he mistaken? Because I could not find it. http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/xjzgpf/invisible-walls-episode-200" – Akyemeni

It was something that was originally on the cruise ship level but it got removed a couple days before Uncharted 3 shipped. Sorry for the tease! J

"Two questions rolled into one: Will you support the PS4 with Uncharted 3 F2P and possibly a The Last of Us F2P?" - Aureilia

Uncharted 3 F2P is for PS3 only. It might make its way onto the PS4 via Gaiaki or something like that but we have no confirmed plans for it. The Last of Us F2P isn’t even on our radar right now. We’re just working hard on all future DLC.

"Are there ever going to be more options for private games to make games with friends more fun, unique and interesting? Not to mention balanced/fair if they're a new player (everything unlocked for private games). Are you going to make an outdoor multiplayer map in the woods with nothing but trees and rocks and maybe a derelict shack? No. Seriously. Are you going to make a woods based multiplayer map?" - redditon4chan

We aren’t currently exploring any additions to Private game options. As for new maps, we’re not committed to anything yet and making maps takes a ton of resources and time so we’ll see what happens there.

"Hey ND, TLoU was a great experience.  Obviously, I kind of knew the SP would be great, but the MP was surprisingly good.  Just had a simple question regarding MP: Will there ever be any sort of customization options besides hats/masks?  The lack of any desirable unlocks is the reason that I have kind of lost interest in the MP.  Which is kind of sad, since I should play it just for fun, but I kind of need to be working towards something and right now there isn't really anything there that I like.  Thanks and looking forward to the SP DLC." – voidrek

We are seeing what kind of resources we’ll have to add new elements to the MP all the time. We have a slew of hats/masks to release (just dropped today!) but given the fact that Factions are based on specific clans with a certain look and feel we don’t want to radically change that by offering up too much customization. Oversized parachute pants or x-ray specs just don’t fit the tone of The Last of Us Multiplayer. 

"Would love some official merch, maybe t-shirts with firefly or hunter logos on, any plans for real world swag not limited to the few no-lifers who can make it to major electronic expos?" - scootgar

We have that! Do you follow us on Twitter or Facebook? If not, you should! We talk about our merch a lot there. For instance, check out We Love Fine and Insert Coin for now and be on the lookout for more merch in the future!

"Any chance you guys wiII use dedicated servers on future ND titles?" - CaressCarcass

It’s all a matter of if we feel there’s a need for them but it’s not a high priority right now. Cloud computing and the PS4 infrastructure will likely change a lot about how networking goes down so we’ll see what the future holds. 

"Any chance of ND developing their own Vita title? I mean a game developed entirely by ND and not just overseen like Golden Abyss." - demonsta500

We’re fully focused on making The Last of Us DLC as well as developing on the PS4 at this point. Never say never, but it’s very unlikely it’ll ever happen here.

"Are they any chance of expanding upon the weapons/perks in TLOU MP? If so would they fit in with the lore of TLOU? Thanks!" - pingster101

The world of TLOU is a world of scarcity and we don’t want to break that fiction too much. We’re looking at ways to make our upcoming multiplayer DLC awesome so you’ll be seeing some cool stuff as we get ready to roll that out.

"Are you guys going to fix the bug in TLOU that drops ammo for the 1st weapon you used before you swapped load outs during a game? For example you had a HR and Revolver then switched to BR and 9MM. You still get Revolver and HR ammo." - Quinzen8

We’re fixing lots of issues and bugs for the next patch. We will see what we’re able to include in the next patch but no promises that this is will be on there. Our patch change list is being worked on constantly but some things take higher priority over others.

"Based on a suggestion on a topic I started the other day: Is it possible that there could be a parts reward for aiding a revival in MP (i.e., someone is already reviving a teammate and you jump in to help)? Some thoughts on this were:

1) 50 parts or 25 parts, depending on how much you helped

2) 25 parts awarded per quarter-circle healed (as if the revival circle was broken into quarters (similar to how parts are awarded via healing with First Aid Training))" - Swordsman20

Pretty cool idea but not sure we have the technical hooks in line so we can make changes like this. Also, the parts system was very carefully crafted to make for a balanced multiplayer experience so we’d have to weight things very careful before attempting anything like this. Not sure we’ll have resources to make anything like this happen. Sorry.

"After the recent patch and free DLC, are you guys pretty well done supporting Uncharted 3 (since there's most likely no more money to be made from that game)?" - Nick-A-30

We never support a game purely to make money. Moving forward we’re supporting Uncharted 3 MP via Lab updates and sales on the all various DLC items as well as live updates to balance gameplay. Keep an eye on the forums for the live update threads. We’ll keep supporting the MP as long as you keep playing it.

"Sorry (and please ignore) if this has been asked before. Are there more modes (paid DLC or free mode) coming to Multiplayer? If so, please tell us when you guys are releasing it, like end of year, Q1/2 2014, something like that. Thanks." - mrsjimmymare

We’ve covered this a few times but we currently have no plans for more modes for Factions. This might change in the future as we’re experimenting with some things but there’s nothing concrete happening right now.

“SP DLC release date? And how about a leaded pipe for a purchasable weapon?" :smileyhappy: - TheLastLiquid

Early 2014 is the release timing. We will be talking a lot more about the Single Player DLC in the very near future. Be sure to pay attention to the ND blog.

Lead pipe? That’s a cool idea but we’re not currently making any additional weapons for Factions. It’s a world of scarcity. 

Message 30 of 33 (144 Views)
0 Likes