First Son
3 posts

Re: ** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: September Edition **

Sep 6, 2013
EVERYTIME I try to connect to Uncharted 3 multiplayer it always says "Level Sync Error." or somethin like that. I need to know a solution, I have also tried deleating the game data and reinstall the patches.
Message 41 of 62 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2013

Hello Naughty Dog. Firsty I just want to thank you for creating TLoU, the story and characters have truely changed my life.

My question is how and when did Ellie get that scar on her brow? Does it tie into her fondness for switchblades perhaps?

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Man...I shot the hell outta that guy, huh? " - Ellie (The Last of Us)

Message 42 of 62 (251 Views)
Wastelander
493 posts

Sep 8, 2013
The Last of Us (Still Awesome)
Is there any possibility of squeezing more players onto each team?
Ex: 6v6 or 8v8
Message 43 of 62 (246 Views)
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Question: Hey Naughty Dog, I was wondering if you could with your next game (Uncharted 4!!! Smiley Very Happy ) be more careful with releasing information?

Explanation: With Uncharted 3, you showed so much gameplay, that the single player didn't feel as awesome as it could be, you showed of the burning chateau, the sinking ship, the crashing airplane and the ghost town in the desert (and those last 3 demo's were all near the end of the game!!!), and in trailers you spoiled the spiders, the caravan sequence (horse riding) and probably some other things I can't think of right now, I think the only location and story sequence that wasn't spoiled, was the beginning when Nate meets Sully for the first time (which was awesome btw), and of course I can just avoid watching video's about it, but you will always hear people talking about it, or read about it here on the forums, or whatever, so I really hope you be a little more careful with what you show the public, I think you did a great job on The Last of Us, there were only a few demo's and they were all from the beginning of the game, and there were no spoilers in trailers, also there was not much information revealed in general, and I like it that way, the only thing that was a let down was the story spoilers leak in the God of War Ascension files, but I assumed you have learned from that, good luck with whatever next game you are working on! Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 62 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
262 posts

Sep 10, 2013
Are you guys going to stop the hackers from ruining your game?
Message 45 of 62 (204 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Sep 10, 2013

When is Tap and Death going to get unbanned?

Message 46 of 62 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Sep 11, 2013

Why's quick turning not in TLoU's MP?

Message 47 of 62 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Sep 11, 2013

renatabls wrote:

Why's quick turning not in TLoU's MP?

my guess is that it would mess up stealth kills from behind with shivs, so yeah, technical issues basicallly Smiley Wink

Message 48 of 62 (173 Views)
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Sep 17, 2013

"I enjoyed playing both the SP and MP.  I recently saw the videos of the creation of all the MP maps and thought the thought processes to be very interesting. My question is: Are there many other maps, supplies (even bottles), weapons (like the axe and pipe) and modes that you plan on releasing in future DLC for both SP and MP? I know there are plans for 1 SP DLC and 1 MP DLC, but I was curious if you were planning additional stuff beyond that." - Swordsman20

We dropped new content like the Interrogation mode already and we are working on the parameters of other DLC as I type this. We’ll be announcing Season Pass DLC content for the first drop when we have it all locked down… and we’re actively exploring to add some kind of additional content to the Season Pass itself a bit. :smileyhappy:

"How long do you plan on working on The Last of Us' DLC and Patches for both Single Player and Multiplayer? I hope you guys don't give up on this game's Multiplayer, and the Multiplayer community would love to receive some information about any upcoming DLC or patches. We know 1.03's Interrogation mode was good and new, but mainly any news about any DLC would be nice even if it's just an estimated date. Or even an elbow of a new costume. Please, just anything?" – CyVirus

Seeing that we’re still supporting Uncharted 3 you can bet we won’t be giving up on The Last of Us multiplayer anytime soon. With regard to the DLC, as we always say with anything we create, it’ll be ready when it’s ready. However we are settling on some timing that will be announced in the near future.

"So, any word about TLoU co-op?" - Albino_Tadpole

For single player or multiplayer? Definitely not for single player as it’s something that wouldn’t serve the narrative properly. As for multiplayer it’s something we’ve toyed around with but we made a very unique kind of multiplayer with Factions that is more team focused than co-op mode would allow. It’s unlikely we’ll be doing co-op for The Last of Us.

"Can you guys bring the lab to The Last of Us?" – lDropDead

Not in the plan right now, but it’s a possibility. What would you like to see? Look to Uncharted 3 labs for what’s possible. We should be able to do most of what you see in those given enough time. This is something we’ll have to look into some more after most of our work on DLC has been completed.

"Any specific reason why a player must die by a special execution even if the attacker is killed? It’s weird that I down the person during the animation and my teammate gets killed by an invisible force." - demonsta500

Once a special execution animation starts it can’t be stopped. You’re going to see it happen since the attacker has successfully taken you out.

"Any news on implementing custom game options?" – VironZZ

We’re definitely looking into this. If it happens it will be further down the road as we’re working on improving other aspects of the multiplayer game right now.

"The Last of Us: Can we please get a better leaderboard? Parts Per Minute is terrible! I'd like to suggest you keep track of things like: Downs/Executions/Deaths (w/ Ratio), Headshots, and *WIN/LOSS (w/ Ratio). Thank you for a great game." - DOPESTSOLDIER

We debate this constantly. There won’t be any immediate changes but also don’t be surprised if you see some shift in the future.  

"Why weren't there any situations in the game involving infected and human NPC's simultaneously? Are you planning on incorporating scenarios like this in DLC or future games?" - Tiphon-Set

It’s something we’d explored but we hit some walls with technical issues. We’re looking into it more as we create the DLC to see what’s possible.

"Short and simple, what was the most difficult part in designing TLOU multiplayer?" – Fakehound

It’s such a different kind of multiplayer that it took a long time to get the right level of fun. We wanted to encourage stealth and tactics and discourage run and gun. That balance took a very long while to perfect…and we’re still working on it.

"A couple months ago, you guys mentioned something about a "hidden gem" for Uncharted 3 that had recently been found. Could you provide us more details about this such as when we can expect it?" - xZerox_123

Don’t want to leave you high and dry on this one, but all will be revealed around our two year anniversary of the game. :smileyhappy:

Bonus Questions:

"First of all, I hate you all. ¡I can't stop playing The Last of Us! Question: Of the 10 workers of the first Crash Bandicoot game, ¿They still working on Naughty Dog yet? :smileysurprised:" - CIausSanAndreas

There’s still three of the original seven Naughty Dogs working at the studio currently. We have a lot of long time Dogs too. It’s a pretty great place to work so people tend to stick around.

"When can we expect a DLC announcement? I still enjoy the game and it's not getting old or anything, it's just the expectation of me knowing there is DLC in the works that makes me want it so bad. The suspense is killing me. Give me a reason to stop playing on Diablo 3 or games on Steam completely like you did with launch, please. It was awesome to finally give my PS3 a workout, constantly having to charge my controllers isn't something I experience often. The Last of Us is the only reason I turn my PS3 on (though soon Kingdom Hearts 1.5 will get me to start the ole' PS3 up) and I love to do it. Love my PS3 and I'd love to have an excuse to spend all my gaming time on it again." -Renegade_angel95

Thank you for the compliments! We’re working hard on DLC and will be making release timing announcements in near future since we now have a clearer handle on what we are doing for the DLC. We want to give you the best possible DLC we can always and especially since it’s our first crack at single player DLC.

Message 49 of 62 (223 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Sep 17, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

since we now have a clearer handle on what we are doing for the DLC. We want to give you the best possible DLC we can always and especially since it’s our first crack at single player DLC.

Sad that "single player DLC" is the only mention of what interests me.  And my imagination is good enough for the story questions I had.  Thanks for the great TLoU story.  I'll keep an eye out for developments when I periodically review the top games and DLCs at GameStop or Metacritic.  Cannot take any more effort here.

IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Message 50 of 62 (216 Views)
0 Likes