Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 24 2013
By: azsugar14 First Son 3 posts

What changes would make uncharted on ps4 better?

[ Edited ]
5 replies 182 views Edited Dec 24, 2013

Uncharted is my favorite franchise because it focuses on characters, story and gameplay. With the announcement of a new uncharted on ps4 i personally think that some changes can improve this amazing franchise. They could take some of the elements they've learned from the TLOU and implement them in uncharted without changing the core of the series of course. There are 3 main areas where i think naughty dog could make some changes:

1.The ending:Every game ends in the same way, destroying the city or the item you were after from the beginning because its too dangerous. The ending can be more unpredictable and still do justice to the story.

2.Exploration: I understand that there were same technical limitations on ps3 which wouldn't allow much exploration but after i ve seen how awesome it was exploring all the buildings and how many ways you could approach each area in TLOU they need to create a system that will allow more exploration on the ps4. Even though uncharted is more focused on the characters and story is also about the adventure of modern day treasure hunting which doesn't really shine when you move from one area to another.

3.Combat,pacing and enemies: I think killing 200 of the same men became kind of boring by the third installment, that's why i love the combat, the pacing and how intelligent enemies are in the TLOU. The combat is much more realistic and fun, especially how your allies can help you when you are in trouble. Making some of these changes would make uncharted more enjoyable and increase replayability in my opinion .

Please tell me what you guys would like to change and what to stay the same

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Re: What changes would make uncharted on ps4 better

Dec 24, 2013

azsugar14 wrote:

Uncharted is my favorite franchise because it focuses on the characters, the story and the gameplay. But after U3 it was clear that some changes need to be made. They need to take some of the elements from the TLOU and implement them in uncharted without changing the core of the series. There are 3 main areas that i think need some changes:

1.The ending:Every game ends in the same way, destroying the city or the item you were after from the beginning because its too dangerous. The ending needs to be more unpredictable.

2.Exploration: I understand that there were same technical limitations on ps3 which wouldn't allow much exploration but after i ve seen how awesome it was exploring all the buildings and how many ways you could approach each area in TLOU they need to create a system that will allow more exploration on the ps4. Even though uncharted is more focused on the characters and story is also about the adventure of modern day treasure hunting which doesn't really shine when you move from one area to another.

3.Combat,pacing and enemies: I think killing 200 of the same men became more of hustle after a few hours in each game, that's why i loved the combat, the pacing and intelligent enemies in the TLOU. The combat was much more realistic and fun, especially how your allies could help you when you were in trouble. Making some of these changes would make uncharted more enjoyable and increase replayability.

Please tell me what you guys think needs to change and what to stay the same

agree with 1 and 2, disagree with 3, I think the combat in Uncharted Drake's Fortune is the best, with the level design of Uncharted 2 Among Thieves...

what I wish to see more of myself is exploration, let not only Nathan Drake do the exploration in cutscenes, let the player discover things as well, so a little less hand-holding, I think Uncharted Golden Abyss did this pretty well in a few areas, where you as the player had to find out how to progress in an area, but in the Uncharted games on PS3, you take longer than 10 seconds to solve a puzzle and Nate will throw hints at you, that needs to change...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (121 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24131 posts

Dec 24, 2013

Naughty Dog has made three stellar games without input from the "gamer community". No matter what I suggest, it would pale in comparison to what they can come up with. I'd gladly take the game that they come up with, over the game that was designed by internet committee. I'm not about to suggest anything, I think they've got it covered.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Dec 24, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Naughty Dog has made three stellar games without input from the "gamer community". No matter what I suggest, it would pale in comparison to what they can come up with. I'd gladly take the game that they come up with, over the game that was designed by internet committee. I'm not about to suggest anything, I think they've got it covered.

agreed, I think that if Naughty Dog makes mistakes (like with Uncharted 3) it has mostly to do with a release date that's sooner than they can handle, not with that they just don't understand how to make a game better, that said, it's always good and fun to suggest what you as a player thinks need be improved, I trust Naughty Dog to do the right thing, but there is no harm done by stating your opinion :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (113 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24131 posts

Dec 24, 2013

Even so, I think there's a difference between feedback, and coming up with a laundry list of things you want in a game. If they start saying "Okay, we have to do this, that, and the other thing", then it's not their game is it? Naughty Dog could very well come up with one of the greatest ideas ever to put in a game, but if they're focusing on doing "what the fans want", then they'll get sidetracked.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 24, 2013

I agree, naughty dog shouldn't keep a list of things the fans want and try to figure how they will put everything in. I'm just saying what I would personally like to see as a player in my favorite franchise and what other people think. They are the creators and I trust them making high quality games because they prove it with each game they make but in every game development feedback it's very important.

I'm really excited for a new uncharted and i don't want it to be just a prettier version on the ps4 but to be refined without  changing what's great about this amazing franchise.

Nice comment by the way.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (104 Views)
0 Likes