Jul 05 2013
By: Wanderearth Lombax Warrior 85 posts

Why did Naughty Dog (or was it Sony) decide not to allow...

[ Edited ]
3 replies 211 views Edited Jul 5, 2013

Why did Naughty Dog, or Sony, decide not to allow TLoU to be copied to the harddrive of the PS3 when so many other games can be placed on the PS3?  Yes, I understand they didn't want people t o rent a game and then copy it on their PS3's but other games have gotten around this by requiring the disk to still be in the player before the game can be played.  So the game will not work even when copied to the PS3 unless the actual disk is in the player.  And yes I realize that the game is fairly large but still many other large games can be placed on the PS3.  So why did ND not allow the same thing?

I'm asking that because since the disk is not loaded into the PS3, for the player to run the game, it has to read it continually from the physical disc.  I don't know about anyone else with an actual disc but my PS3 spins like a jet engine and gets very hot.  And now it's begun to whine roughly 10 minutes after I restart the game.  Loudly.  It's bothersome that this game, as good as it is, may be ruining my PS3.

It's been a great console until now.  Any Idea why ND or Sony decided to do that?

Message 1 of 4 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3654 posts

Re: Why did Naughty Dog (or was it Sony) decide not to allow...

Jul 5, 2013

Wanderearth wrote:

Why did Naughty Dog, or Sony, decide not to allow TLoU to be copied to the harddrive of the PS3 when so many other games can be placed on the PS3?  Yes, I understand they didn't want people t o rent a game and then copy it on their PS3's but other games have gotten around this by requiring the disk to still be in the player before the game can be played.  So the game will not work even when copied to the PS3 unless the actual disk is in the player.  And yes I realize that the game is fairly large but still many other large games can be placed on the PS3.  So why did ND not allow the same thing?

I'm asking that because since the disk is not loaded into the PS3, for the player to run the game, it has to read it continually from the physical disc.  I don't know about anyone else with an actual disc but my PS3 spins like a jet engine and gets very hot.  And now it's begun to whine roughly 10 minutes after I restart the game.  Loudly.  It's bothersome that this game, as good as it is, may be ruining my PS3.

It's been a great console until now.  Any Idea why ND or Sony decided to do that?

I have over 30 games on my PS3 and not a single one can be installed on the hard drive as far as I know? can you give some examples of games you can copy on the hard drive from your disc?

Message 2 of 4 (183 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29426 posts

Jul 5, 2013

He wants it "just like XBox".

Message 3 of 4 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3654 posts

Jul 5, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

He wants it "just like XBox".

yeah, I heard you can install your games on the harddrive there, I must admit it is a good function though, because games run better from the HDD than from discs, I hope I can install ps4 games from discs on the ps4, anyway, cross game chat (which will be on ps4 luckily) and this are the only things I can think of why I would prefer xbox, but it has only a few exclusives, and I don't even like those exclusives, the only game I would have bhought (for cheap actually) is Alan Wake, also I hate the attitude of Microsoft, no respect for customers, so they will never get my money, I'm good with Sony Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4 (151 Views)
0 Likes