Fender Bender
3587 posts

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

Dec 28, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I know we don't have to have news every 10 seconds (one of Naughty Dog's mistakes with Uncharted 3 was that they revealed way to much...), but a lot of people are wondering if Nathan Drake is going to be the main character, so they also ask that to Naughty Dog who then says: we don't want to share anything more than that we have recently revealed?

if it was so logical to just keep Drake, why don't just answer the questions with: yes, Drake is back as the protagonist? that is what confuses me, just like you I think Drake will be back, but I don't understand Naughty Dog's reasoning for keeping it a secret, and that makes people ask about it Smiley Happy

Obviously it's still far too early in the game's development cycle to reveal anything regarding plot details. I don't know how gamerdom interpreted that as "Drake is being replaced", but it seems they've created this idea that he's not returning, and repeated it until it will become "true".

Also, wouldn't you rather be surprised? Imagine if George Lucas had said during the filming of The Empire Strikes Back "Oh, by the way Darth Vader is Luke's father". That would be the spoiler of the century.

I've never seen a star wars movie, so I wouldn't know Smiley Wink

Oh dear lord... What the hell is wrong with you???? That is like the nerd Rosetta Stone!

Get cracking!! And please don't tell me the default excuse of "I don't like the idea of going to a convention", because it's not a mandatory requirement of viewing the movies.

no, my excuse is, is that I just don't enjoy anything sience fiction, star wars is just not my cup of tea, apologies Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 12 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
29173 posts

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

Well it's not "science fiction" like Planet of the Apes or The Day The Earth Stood Still, it's an adventure story. It takes place in a science fiction setting. The traditonal "science fiction" defintion is far too rigid to encompass the Star Wars saga. Much the same way Raiders of the Lost Ark is not a "World War II story". It's an adventure set in the 1930's.

Message 12 of 12 (89 Views)
0 Likes