Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Dec 24 2013
By: azsugar14 First Son 3 posts
Offline

Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

11 replies 290 views Edited Dec 24, 2013

There has been no confirmation yet that we ll play as Nathan Drake and its nice to wonder what would meen for uncharted if Drake isn't  the main character. I personally wouldn't mind if someone else plays the main role but neither can I imagine uncharted without Drake. Do you think we ll play as Elena or Sally or even as the villain and later as Drake. Tell me what you think ?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (290 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
24405 posts
 

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

Dec 24, 2013

Is the next Bond movie going to feature 003? The name's Schlumberger... Ira Schlumberger.

 

Drake is the main character. Why wouldn't he be in the next game?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (285 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

Dec 25, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Is the next Bond movie going to feature 003? The name's Schlumberger... Ira Schlumberger.

 

Drake is the main character. Why wouldn't he be in the next game?


don't respond so grumpy captain :smileytongue:

 

sure, it seems like it's logical to keep fan-favorite nathan drake, but if it's such a logic idea, then why does Naughty Dog refuse to tell us if he's the main character? and it's not that a protagonist in a franchise never changes, look at inFamous Second Son, the protagonist is Delsin Rowe now instead of Cole McGrath, and I know that's because:

Spoiler
Cole is dead

 

but still, it could happen, and I can understand that the other guy in this thread is confused if Nathan Drake is the lead character, I think he will be, but I don't understand why Naughty Dog is keeping it a secret either...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
24405 posts
 

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

Dec 26, 2013

"Could happen", but most likely won't. Again, Drake is the main character. As for why they haven't revealed any plot details, there's probably nothing to reveal right now. I don't know when this happened, but you don't need to have an update every ten seconds. There used to be a saying that no news was good news. Now it's "why aren't they saying anything? Why aren't they saying anything?? IF THEY CARED THEY'D SAY SOMETHING!!!". At this point what do you want them to say? "Today we changed a 1 to a 0, and then ordered pizza". Drake is an established character, they wouldn't just start over with someone new for no apparent reason. I know that many "gamers" don't watch television, but when they change the main character on a sitcom (with the exception of Two and a Half Men), it's usually been disasterous.

 

From the trailer, we know that someone was left "rotting in that hell hole" for fifteen years. So if we were to speculate in a sensible manner, it's apparently someone from Drake's past, and he feels he's been betrayed and is out for revenge. The last bit of the trailer has the Latin text "Hodie Mecvm Eris In Paridiso", which translates into English as "Today's actions will be in Paradise".

 

 

The last words are "You owe me". Somebody from Drake's past is coming back. Since we don't know much about Drake's past, it's safer to say someone is hell bent on revenge, than to say that someone is completely replacing him.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (252 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

Dec 26, 2013

I know we don't have to have news every 10 seconds (one of Naughty Dog's mistakes with Uncharted 3 was that they revealed way to much...), but a lot of people are wondering if Nathan Drake is going to be the main character, so they also ask that to Naughty Dog who then says: we don't want to share anything more than that we have recently revealed?

 

if it was so logical to just keep Drake, why don't just answer the questions with: yes, Drake is back as the protagonist? that is what confuses me, just like you I think Drake will be back, but I don't understand Naughty Dog's reasoning for keeping it a secret, and that makes people ask about it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
24405 posts
 

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

Dec 26, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I know we don't have to have news every 10 seconds (one of Naughty Dog's mistakes with Uncharted 3 was that they revealed way to much...), but a lot of people are wondering if Nathan Drake is going to be the main character, so they also ask that to Naughty Dog who then says: we don't want to share anything more than that we have recently revealed?

 

if it was so logical to just keep Drake, why don't just answer the questions with: yes, Drake is back as the protagonist? that is what confuses me, just like you I think Drake will be back, but I don't understand Naughty Dog's reasoning for keeping it a secret, and that makes people ask about it :smileyhappy:


Obviously it's still far too early in the game's development cycle to reveal anything regarding plot details. I don't know how gamerdom interpreted that as "Drake is being replaced", but it seems they've created this idea that he's not returning, and repeated it until it will become "true".

 

Also, wouldn't you rather be surprised? Imagine if George Lucas had said during the filming of The Empire Strikes Back "Oh, by the way Darth Vader is Luke's father". That would be the spoiler of the century.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (228 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

Dec 27, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I know we don't have to have news every 10 seconds (one of Naughty Dog's mistakes with Uncharted 3 was that they revealed way to much...), but a lot of people are wondering if Nathan Drake is going to be the main character, so they also ask that to Naughty Dog who then says: we don't want to share anything more than that we have recently revealed?

 

if it was so logical to just keep Drake, why don't just answer the questions with: yes, Drake is back as the protagonist? that is what confuses me, just like you I think Drake will be back, but I don't understand Naughty Dog's reasoning for keeping it a secret, and that makes people ask about it :smileyhappy:


Obviously it's still far too early in the game's development cycle to reveal anything regarding plot details. I don't know how gamerdom interpreted that as "Drake is being replaced", but it seems they've created this idea that he's not returning, and repeated it until it will become "true".

 

Also, wouldn't you rather be surprised? Imagine if George Lucas had said during the filming of The Empire Strikes Back "Oh, by the way Darth Vader is Luke's father". That would be the spoiler of the century.


I've never seen a star wars movie, so I wouldn't know :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/31/2010
Offline
67 posts
 

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Is the next Bond movie going to feature 003? The name's Schlumberger... Ira Schlumberger.

 

Drake is the main character. Why wouldn't he be in the next game?


/facepalm

 

Its a video game not a movie.  With that said I think we will still play as ND (Naughty Dog, Nathan Drake), but maybe also play as his ancestor.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (204 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
24405 posts
 

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I know we don't have to have news every 10 seconds (one of Naughty Dog's mistakes with Uncharted 3 was that they revealed way to much...), but a lot of people are wondering if Nathan Drake is going to be the main character, so they also ask that to Naughty Dog who then says: we don't want to share anything more than that we have recently revealed?

 

if it was so logical to just keep Drake, why don't just answer the questions with: yes, Drake is back as the protagonist? that is what confuses me, just like you I think Drake will be back, but I don't understand Naughty Dog's reasoning for keeping it a secret, and that makes people ask about it :smileyhappy:


Obviously it's still far too early in the game's development cycle to reveal anything regarding plot details. I don't know how gamerdom interpreted that as "Drake is being replaced", but it seems they've created this idea that he's not returning, and repeated it until it will become "true".

 

Also, wouldn't you rather be surprised? Imagine if George Lucas had said during the filming of The Empire Strikes Back "Oh, by the way Darth Vader is Luke's father". That would be the spoiler of the century.


I've never seen a star wars movie, so I wouldn't know :smileywink:


Oh dear lord... What the hell is wrong with you???? That is like the nerd Rosetta Stone!

 

 

Get cracking!! And please don't tell me the default excuse of "I don't like the idea of going to a convention", because it's not a mandatory requirement of viewing the movies.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (175 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
24405 posts
 

Re: Will Nathan Drake star in the new uncharted?

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

ST3ALTHY wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Is the next Bond movie going to feature 003? The name's Schlumberger... Ira Schlumberger.

 

Drake is the main character. Why wouldn't he be in the next game?


/facepalm

 

Its a video game not a movie.  With that said I think we will still play as ND (Naughty Dog, Nathan Drake), but maybe also play as his ancestor.


Oh yeah I forgot...


NO!! IT'S ONE WAY AND THAT'S IT!!! VIDEO GAMES ARE DIFFERENT BECAUSE THEY AREN'T INFLUENCED BY ANY OTHER MEDIUM AND EXIST IN A VACUUM UNTO THEMSELVES!!

 

That's better! Listen jack, video games are a relatively new medium, and you're going to have to accept that they ARE influenced by other mediums. I've already proven that with the developer diary from NAUGHTY DOG THEMSELVES. Whether it's art, photography, music, literature, and even FILM. I know that "gamers" tend to exist in a vacuum, and believe nothing overlaps, and that video games are the ONLY medium, however the rest of us don't limit ourselves.

 

There was a world that existed before your birtth, it would behove you to learn about it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes