Jun 28 2013
By: Zev_zevr Lombax Warrior 167 posts

Will "The Last of us" go on PS4 console?

4 replies 201 views Edited Jun 28, 2013

Hello. Sorry if this thread are already is, but I didn't looked for same thread in forum because I really afraid to get a spoiler here.

I haven't got PS3, but I very interested of "The Last of us", I started to watch the walkthrough of this game on Youtube, but I got a feeling that I shouldn't do it. What if this game will be in next generation console?

I saw the unconfirmed information that PS4 got a new technology who allow play PS3 games on PS4, so my question: is it true? Is "The Last of us" will working on PS4? I can buy PS3 now, but it's doesn't make sense, because new generation coming soon. When I watched the walkthrough, this game really touched my feels, and almost makes me cry, so I got a dilemma: continue to watch walkthrough, to see ending, and ruin game for me, or don't watch, and waiting for PS4.

Sorry for my terrible English, I'm russian.

Message 1 of 5 (201 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28842 posts

Re: Will "The Last of us" go on PS4 console?

Jun 28, 2013

They said they don't have plans for a PS4 release, and the PS4 will not be compatible with PS3 games.

Message 2 of 5 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jun 29, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

They said they don't have plans for a PS4 release, and the PS4 will not be compatible with PS3 games.

Wasn't it supposed to come with Gaikai, so certain PS3 games (like probably Uncharted and The Last of Us) could be downloaded from PlayStation Store or something? I might be wrong though. :s

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 3 of 5 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Jun 29, 2013

That's what I'm talking about.

Message 4 of 5 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28842 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Gailkai is not for "downloading" from the Playstation Store. It's going to be a streaming service, and we don't know how it will work, or what games will be available yet.

Message 5 of 5 (110 Views)
0 Likes