Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 09 2012
By: ROMMIE30 Lombax Warrior 221 posts

the last of us 1080i support

4 replies 1775 views Edited Sep 9, 2012

please please please naughty dog please include 1080i support for the last of us.all of the uncharted games have it so theres no reason it cant be done here.my tv only does 480p/1080i and no im not buying a new tv when 1080i on a crt looks much much better than 1080p on all the newer tvs.i was saddened when i went to purchas the jack and daxter collection only to find it dosent support 1080i.the end result is i didnt buy it.

Message 1 of 5 (1,775 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: the last of us 1080i support

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Hoping for 1080i support as well.

I have yet to grab a PS3 for myself, but the games coming out between now and next year have finally convinced me to put down the cash. Everything said, it's really the lack of 1080i support that has kept me from grabbing the system these last couple years. When I first bought my new television I realized that, for whatever reason, it didn't display 'p' resolutions properly, showing wavy lines in the image, visible whenever there wasn't too much clutter on-screen or when there were especially bright images.

I kept the t.v because the image quality was still great and I mostly game on my 360, where all the games support 1080i resolution.

Unfortunately, there are a fair number of PS games that don't support 1080i, meaning that playing some of the games I planned on buying would be a bit of a mess. Like you, I was put off by the lack of support for the Jak and Daxter collection, a release I was really looking forward to grabbing, considering I have only ever played the first one, and not all the way through.

I will be purchasing a new t.v in the not so distant future, but until then I have what I have, and what I have does not play nice with normal resolutions.

1080i support very much appreciated.

Message 2 of 5 (1,723 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1005 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

CappyBlack wrote:

Hoping for 1080i support as well.

I have yet to grab a PS3 for myself, but the games coming out between now and next year have finally convinced me to put down the cash. Everything said, it's really the lack of 1080i support that has kept me from grabbing the system these last couple years. When I first bought my new television I realized that, for whatever reason, it didn't display 'p' resolutions properly, showing wavy lines in the image, visible whenever there wasn't too much clutter on-screen or when there were especially bright images.

I kept the t.v because the image quality was still great and I mostly game on my 360, where all the games support 1080i resolution.

Unfortunately, there are a fair number of PS games that don't support 1080i, meaning that playing some of the games I planned on buying would be a bit of a mess. Like you, I was put off by the lack of support for the Jak and Daxter collection, a release I was really looking forward to grabbing, considering I have only ever played the first one, and not all the way through.

I will be purchasing a new t.v in the not so distant future, but until then I have what I have, and what I have does not play nice with normal resolutions.

1080i support very much appreciated.

..You do know that 1080i is a upscale of 720p. Which isn't recommended to play games on as it can cause shadow distortion or wavy lines. 1080 is interlaced and causes blurry images when moving quickly. 

1080p is Real High Defintion

1080i is a upscale of 720p and considered also "HD ready"

Google 1080i vs 1080p and you'll find out.

Halo Reach native resoultion is 720p. Depending on the Tv the Xbox will do upscaling such as the  PS upscaler in the Ps3.

Killzone 3 native resoultion is  720p, but can upscaled to 1080p

Please put the right information next time.

Because saying Xbox games all support (which they dont)  1080i rather than 1080p is just weird. 

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 3 of 5 (1,698 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jan 2, 2013

The only reason I'd go 1080i/720p upscaed is because my TV likes to crop a bit of everything - all four sides of the screren when in 720p. There are games like Little Big planet that addresses this issue by being able to zoom in/out of the screen a little so that you get the whole picture. The Uncharted series otherwise does not.

I have a PHILIPS HD TV but I've heard this issue in other brands as well. I wish the game would at least run 1080p even if it's upscaled to from 720p like in Final Fantasy XIII.

Message 4 of 5 (1,678 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Does "THE LAST OF US" support 1080i on older TVs?

I still have an older  CRT HDTV that only does 480p and 1080i.

It does not support 720p but WILL upscale.

All of the Uncharted games DID support 1080i upscale on older TVs.

Has anyone played the demo of TLOU and can verifiy this?

Please REPLY. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes