Jun 05 2013
By: EyeCue86 Fender Bender 3354 posts

Anyone else?

5 replies 128 views Edited Jun 5, 2013

Does anyone else find the continous cylce of cirlce-jerking in TLOU:GD section of the forums annoying? I hate that the only posts accepted there are ones that pat ND for making TLOU. I hate the irrational "this game deserves a 10 even though I haven't played it" mentality over there right now.

I'll be back...

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 1 of 6 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Re: Anyone else?

Jun 6, 2013

Well, that section of the forums is a bit of a mess right now. There are about twenty posts covering the same topics.

It definitely needs a clean-up; and about the posts glorifying ND, I agree that the ones who haven't played yet shouldn't be giving their own premature scoring; but it does appear to be an impressive game, judging from the previews, trailers, information that's been posted. I'm certainly excited to play it, and I have a strong feeling it's going to be awesome, but those feelings/expectations won't be solidified until I have finished the SP.

Message 2 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 6, 2013

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

Well, that section of the forums is a bit of a mess right now. There are about twenty posts covering the same topics.

It definitely needs a clean-up; and about the posts glorifying ND, I agree that the ones who haven't played yet shouldn't be giving their own premature scoring; but it does appear to be an impressive game, judging from the previews, trailers, information that's been posted. I'm certainly excited to play it, and I have a strong feeling it's going to be awesome, but those feelings/expectations won't be solidified until I have finished the SP.

I agree the game does look pretty impressive, but it's the guys calling the reviewers that didn't give TLOU a perfect or near perfect score **bleep** that is ridiculous. They choose to back up all the claims of it being a 10 without having played the full game. For all they know they might wind up agreeing with the 7.5.

That section has been a ND fanboy circle jerk for months without any of them having the full TLOU experience.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 3 of 6 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Jun 6, 2013

The problem with you, dear, dear EyeCue, is that you often border trolling. And when you're not, you're instigating the hell out of everyone on there.

That's the reason (in my opinion) people don't like whatever you're saying. They dismiss it as hate/trolling.

BUT, I do understand your perpective. Naughty Dog has let down a lot of their promises and your doubts aren't unfounded.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 4 of 6 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

The problem with you, dear, dear EyeCue, is that you often border trolling. And when you're not, you're instigating the hell out of everyone on there.

That's the reason (in my opinion) people don't like whatever you're saying. They dismiss it as hate/trolling.

BUT, I do understand your perpective. Naughty Dog has let down a lot of their promises and your doubts aren't unfounded.

Not talking about myself, I was reffering to the reviewers. 

Also I can't help it. It's just my personality. I like to think of myself as a sexy Gordon Ramsey. People don't like what I'm saying because they've been drinking too much of ND's toilet water. They don't see that ND has been becoming increasingly  shady lately.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 5 of 6 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Y'know, I think you're right. Someone puts up a thread showing off bad AI maneuvres and everyone is defending the game saying:

"Oh, you should just stop nit-picking!"

"All you do is complain!"

"This thread is stupid!"

etc. etc. etc.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 6 of 6 (95 Views)