Welcoming Committee
14380 posts

Re: I honestly think DICE should just use the FrostBite 2 eng...

Dec 15, 2012

wais_45 wrote:

fyiByas wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Sorry but working on lackluster titles makes people think less of you as a company and more as a sell out.

BF was NEVER going to be good from the moment it looked like MOH, I like MOH don't get me wrong, but I don't like playing the same game twice and that's what BF3 felt like. It felt like MOH, it looks like MOH, It is MOH.

Why couldn't they take the blueprint from Bad Company instead of MOH?

Like someone said, they were busy trying to beat COD, deep down they know that MOH pretty much had CoD's number on graphic and gameplay, but not on content, so they figured, copy MOH, add more content... Doesn't quite work out that way. When you buy BF you want it to be Battlefield. You don't want it to be exactly the same as Medal of Honor in any way at all.

As I look at the Uncharted universe for inspiration for what I could say about BF3. It is pretty much "last years model".

I hate to say it, but MW3 has this game beaten in every possible way. Hell there are loads of shooters which will be better.

So yeah, Dice need to quit fiddling with useless generic titles and go back to what they are good at.

Mirrors Edge.

I honestly think DICE should just use the FrostBite 2 engine to make Mirror's Edge 2!  

However EA likes to feed on hype.

They need to make Mirrors Edge 2! The most underrated title this gen...

A year later.. and I'm still waiting for it.

I sense Mirrors Edge will be the new Shenmue.

I'll still be waiting for a new Mirrors Edge in 2020...

Message 21 of 23 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2560 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

fyiByas wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Sorry but working on lackluster titles makes people think less of you as a company and more as a sell out.

BF was NEVER going to be good from the moment it looked like MOH, I like MOH don't get me wrong, but I don't like playing the same game twice and that's what BF3 felt like. It felt like MOH, it looks like MOH, It is MOH.

Like someone said, they were busy trying to beat COD, deep down they know that MOH pretty much had CoD's number on graphic and gameplay, but not on content, so they figured, copy MOH, add more content... Doesn't quite work out that way. When you buy BF you want it to be Battlefield. You don't want it to be exactly the same as Medal of Honor in any way at all.

As I look at the Uncharted universe for inspiration for what I could say about BF3. It is pretty much "last years model".

I hate to say it, but MW3 has this game beaten in every possible way. Hell there are loads of shooters which will be better.

So yeah, Dice need to quit fiddling with useless generic titles and go back to what they are good at.

Mirrors Edge.

I honestly think DICE should just use the FrostBite 2 engine to make Mirror's Edge 2!  

Yup. Dice and EA insist that Mirrors Edge 2 is in development,  but they haven't shown any proof. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 22 of 23 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14380 posts

Dec 16, 2012

wais_45 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

fyiByas wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Mirrors Edge.

Yup. Dice and EA insist that Mirrors Edge 2 is in development,  but they haven't shown any proof. 

I wont believe it until I see it.

I saw an article on Kikizo a few years back stating that Shenmue 3 would be released on next gen consoles, that was just before the XBOX 360 was released.

I'm still waiting for that. Well I've kinda given up... But yeah. I've been disappointed before. I'm not gonna believe things until I see them now.

Message 23 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes