Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

I have never played Bad Company 2.   The only other Battl...

Oct 27, 2011

TheMaddHater wrote:

Derflinger wrote:

I got Battlefield 3 for the PS3 yesterday, and I am really enjoying the MP.  The graphics and sound effects are also top notch.  The only bug that I have run across was mics cutting in and out. 

I haven't played co-op or the campaign yet.  Hopefully they are not as bad as the reviewers are making them out to be.  

If you're right, and I hope you are, I may still get this game..

In comparison, how did you like Bad Company 2's multiplayer (if you had it/played it?)

I have never played Bad Company 2.   The only other Battlefield game that I have played is Battlefield: 1943.  

Conquest was my favorite MP mode that I played last night.  It seemed closest to BF1943 where you capture flags, and try to bleed the other team out by controlling more flag points.  

What I love most about Conquest is that I can be an asset to my team without having to kill a bunch of people.  Capturing flags, fixing vehicles, destroying other vehicles, reviving people, etc.    

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2838 posts

Well I played 1943 briefly too. Hmm... I'm definitely goi...

Oct 27, 2011

Well I played 1943 briefly too.

Hmm...

I'm definitely going to have to do more research, but that sounds good.

This was what really got me interested in BC2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M

If I see some of those same high points from BF3 gameplay, I will be convinced :smileyvery-happy:

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 12 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

If you are enjoying it, you'll undoubtably enjoy Medal of...

Oct 27, 2011

Derflinger wrote:

I got Battlefield 3 for the PS3 yesterday, and I am really enjoying the MP.  The graphics and sound effects are also top notch.  The only bug that I have run across was mics cutting in and out. 

I haven't played co-op or the campaign yet.  Hopefully they are not as bad as the reviewers are making them out to be.  

If you are enjoying it, you'll undoubtably enjoy Medal of Honor :smileytongue:

But to be honest if BF3's campaign is worse than MOH's... Haha... Man I really don't think it's possible. MOH had like a 3 hour campaign.

Message 13 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

I love the Vaulting Animation Now.

Oct 27, 2011

I love the Vaulting Animation Now.

Message 14 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Most of the tips and gameplay from that vid can be applie...

Oct 27, 2011

TheMaddHater wrote:

Hmm...

This was what really got me interested in BC2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M

If I see some of those same high points from BF3 gameplay, I will be convinced :smileyvery-happy:

Most of the tips and gameplay from that vid can be applied to BF3.  I learned about using select to call out enemies positions thanks to it.  Unfortunately, there is no remote controlled helicopters in BF3.  I wish there was because they look like a blast to use.

Here is a funny video from BF3 featuring a person running around using the repair tool as a weapon of death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B3Hrr3tz_Cw   

Message 15 of 23 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

Maybe DICE should have just left out the campaign. :smile...

Oct 27, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

Derflinger wrote:

If you are enjoying it, you'll undoubtably enjoy Medal of Honor :smileytongue:

But to be honest if BF3's campaign is worse than MOH's... Haha... Man I really don't think it's possible. MOH had like a 3 hour campaign.

Maybe DICE should have just left out the campaign. :smileyvery-happy:  Instead just have the MP be the selling point of BF3.

Message 16 of 23 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2838 posts

Yeah those remotely-controlled helicopters (UAVs) were ac...

Oct 28, 2011

Derflinger wrote:

TheMaddHater wrote:

Hmm...

Most of the tips and gameplay from that vid can be applied to BF3.  I learned about using select to call out enemies positions thanks to it.  Unfortunately, there is no remote controlled helicopters in BF3.  I wish there was because they look like a blast to use.

Here is a funny video from BF3 featuring a person running around using the repair tool as a weapon of death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B3Hrr3tz_Cw   

Yeah those remotely-controlled helicopters (UAVs) were actually REALLY fun to use!

I'm actually disappointed to here that they won't be in BF3..

I guess I'll just be waiting for Bad Company 3, like MW2 fans waited on MW3!

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 17 of 23 (41 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1387 posts

Oct 28, 2011
Got this at the midnight release at Gamestop. Long story short, I'm not the one that paid for it. :smileywink: I didn't expect much from the singleplayer (it does look nice). Most military shooters have blah singleplayers, so yeah. Easy trophies, I suppose. Haven't tried co-op. I am enjoying mp. Rush (Gold Rush in BFBC1) has always been my fav mode, but Conquest continues to grow on me, although I hate Conquest on Operation Metro. Honestly, I haven't tried the other modes. :smileytongue: UhhHHh, what else....Once I walked into a corner and randomly died, also my squad got split. I immediately thought of Uncharted (I kid, I kid). ¦)
Message 18 of 23 (41 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Bad News for Battlefield 3..

Dec 12, 2012
the thing that you do that dont do with the other games is drive a vehicles and stuff, not that I know you can di that with CoD.
Message 19 of 23 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2352 posts

Re: I honestly think DICE should just use the FrostBite 2 eng...

Dec 14, 2012

fyiByas wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Sorry but working on lackluster titles makes people think less of you as a company and more as a sell out.

BF was NEVER going to be good from the moment it looked like MOH, I like MOH don't get me wrong, but I don't like playing the same game twice and that's what BF3 felt like. It felt like MOH, it looks like MOH, It is MOH.

Why couldn't they take the blueprint from Bad Company instead of MOH?

Like someone said, they were busy trying to beat COD, deep down they know that MOH pretty much had CoD's number on graphic and gameplay, but not on content, so they figured, copy MOH, add more content... Doesn't quite work out that way. When you buy BF you want it to be Battlefield. You don't want it to be exactly the same as Medal of Honor in any way at all.

As I look at the Uncharted universe for inspiration for what I could say about BF3. It is pretty much "last years model".

I hate to say it, but MW3 has this game beaten in every possible way. Hell there are loads of shooters which will be better.

So yeah, Dice need to quit fiddling with useless generic titles and go back to what they are good at.

Mirrors Edge.

I honestly think DICE should just use the FrostBite 2 engine to make Mirror's Edge 2!  

However EA likes to feed on hype.

They need to make Mirrors Edge 2! The most underrated title this gen...

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 20 of 23 (23 Views)
0 Likes