Oct 10 2012
By: ZANIACK Hekseville Citizen 361 posts

Batman Arkham City

5 replies 137 views Edited Oct 10, 2012

Undoubtedly one of this console generation's most massive letdowns. Bad story, the campaign was less than half the length of Arkham Asylum's. A poor script that was sometimes pretentious and other times very cheesy, some of the dialogue was cringe worthy. Characters were underutilized or implemented poorly. Batman's cape was blue. The whole premise and execution was misguided and uninspired, a 'meh' combination of No Man's Land and Batman Begins. Core gameplay was great, but that doesn't compensate for the rest. Comprehensive reasons, yes?

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 1 of 6 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1415 posts

Re: Batman Arkham City

Oct 10, 2012

I have had Arkham Asylum and Arkham City floating around in my house for two years, and I haven't even touched either of them. I really want to, but I've been to distracted by other games.

Message 2 of 6 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Oct 11, 2012

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

I have had Arkham Asylum and Arkham City floating around in my house for two years, and I haven't even touched either of them. I really want to, but I've been to distracted by other games.

Play Arkham Asylum... Only Arkham Asylum.

Message 3 of 6 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Oct 11, 2012

I liked Arkham City alot. I really liked that there's a whole city to explore. 

I didn't play Arkham Asylum much, so I can't really say what's better.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 4 of 6 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Arkham Asylum had a much better atmosphere... the idea of being trapped on an island with an army of insane supervillains...

Akrham City just didn't have that. Plus those dream like sequences were stupid.

Message 5 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Oct 19, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Arkham Asylum had a much better atmosphere... the idea of being trapped on an island with an army of insane supervillains...

Akrham City just didn't have that. Plus those dream like sequences were stupid.

Definitely. Also, Arkham City didn't have the equivalent amount of atmosphere or art direction as Arkham Asylum. I'm not bashing it because it's not similar, it's not as good and unique because the exterior of the city essentially blurs together.

Message 6 of 6 (66 Views)
0 Likes