Feb 08 2011
By: fadi002 Treasure Hunter 7103 posts

Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 Analog Stick support.

3 replies 2456 views Edited Feb 8, 2011

Hi!

Ok, so there's something that's been bothering me for a while. I got the Crash Bandicoot games(from the PSN store) and the first 2 don't have analog stick support. I can understand that that wasn't available when the game was being made, but it is possible to make the PS3 think that the directions the stick is going, is the appropriate directional button. I don't think they need to change the actual game for that, just the settings.

Why do I want this? Because the directional buttons on the DS3 controller weren't designed to control players, so it isn't very comfortable. It's also harder to use them. For example, if I wanted to jump on a wooden box instead of the nitro right beside it. I'm not so sure if Naughty Dog has any control over any of those games anymore, but Sony definitely does. I know this is possible because it happened on the PSP. They should just let us choose our own button configuration for PS1 games.

Sorry for bringing this up about a REALLY old game, but it's really good, even now. I wonder if Uncharted will be like that in 15 years.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 1 of 4 (2,456 Views)
Sackboy
481 posts

What? PSN Crash Bandicoot doesn't have analogue support?...

Feb 10, 2011
What? PSN Crash Bandicoot doesn't have analogue support? That sucks.
Message 2 of 4 (2,455 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Bump

Feb 10, 2011

@holoquin (below) 

Not the first 2...

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 3 of 4 (2,455 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
633 posts

Re: Crash Bandicoot 1 & 2 Analog Stick support.

Apr 30, 2014

I couldn't agree more!!   Playing what Mark Cerny even described as the HARDEST PsOne game ever made, it's quite frustrating to play with the d-pad on the PSN downloadable games.  

How hard can this fix be?  It's driving me a little crazy.  I want to play these games I just paid for and the perfect control for it is sitting right in my hands,  And I can't use it! 

Message 4 of 4 (1,748 Views)
0 Likes