Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 24 2012
By: samuelcd1997 Treasure Hunter 7369 posts
Accepted Solution

Far Cry series

32 replies 190 views Edited Feb 24, 2012

Anyone gonna get Far Cry 3 this year? It handily comes out very near my birthday so I know I am.

I got FC2 for free thanks to PS+. I wasn't expecting much. Firstly, I had never heard many people talk about the games. I had perhaps seen them in magazines before, but never had much interest. Plus, free games aren't usually that good (Tomb Raider: Underworld for example).

But man, the game is awesome. The atmosphere of the African jungle is great and the realism... I will never get bored of hitting a rock/trunk with my knife and hearing the different sounds... I don't think many games have as much detail. You can fire an RPG and really feel the power as a huge bushfire begins to burn. Of course, it isn't perfect due to enemies respawning and stuff, but I am loving the game. Anyone with PS+ (EU PS+, not sure about US) should definitely give the game a try!

Message 1 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Re: Far Cry series

Feb 24, 2012

I'm getting Far Cry 3 this Sept. I never payed attention to the series, but because of the "Stranded" trailer, I am kind of into this now.

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 2 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Feb 24, 2012

im with you on that...i got it FREE cuz im PS+

I've heard of the game but it hasn't grabbed my attention.

Ya. the way it makes it feel realistic is cool and all

the only downfall so far is the traveling hek you get a mission and its on the other side of Africa you can only drive or boat and it takes a while too!

not to mention the random Outpost with enemy's ... over its cool i just play it when i got bored of my other games managed to get a few trophy's already .....

I think this why they  gave it Free to PS+ so we can get hyped or talk about ti and await for FAR CRY 3

Cheers!

Message 3 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1995 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Yeah, I'm getting far cry 3. I liked Far Cry 2 so I think about getting it.

Message 4 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Feb 26, 2012

Back in christmas, after seeing the gameplay, I wanted it, but now that the "spend craze" has passed, I don't feel like spending that $.

In fact, I turned down Skyrim, Twisted metal, and Batman Arkham City.

Only game I really really want right now is Hitman 5, I can deal without the others.

Do you feel me?

Message 5 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
825 posts

Feb 27, 2012

Got 2 from plus too. Wasn't expecting much from it seeing as my friend was disappointed with it back when it was released but it's cool! Blew up my own car and two others with an RPG and that fire just friggin spread.

Haven't played too much of it though because I forgot to save and had to go two missions back which has put me off for now.

Message 6 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Feb 27, 2012

Im about 68% complete in the game so it says.....

So i managed to play it this weekend.. got the hang of driving all the way to the other side of the map...

upgrading my weaposn and such...

Its fun when you get to snipe!!! I enjoy it alot!!!

But Far cry 3... dont think im sooo eager to get it..

Message 7 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Feb 28, 2012

I love how so many guns are similar to Uncharted's.

E.g:

AK-47, FAL, M79 Grenade launcher, RPG-7. A gun that looks the same as the hammer. I'm sure it is just a coincidence though.

Message 8 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Feb 28, 2012

I played FC2 back when it came out.  At the beginning, I was very impressed.  The realism was very impressive and entertaining.  Having a gunfight, even against just 2 enemies, can be quite challenging! 

However, once I got about 10 hours in, I realized just how much time I was sinking into playing this game, and I looked at the story progress, and I was at 8% (!!!!!!!!!!).  Now mind you, I had been playing the game, not exploring and screwing around.  It was then that I realized how long this game was going to be, and how tedious it was to drive from place to place over and over again, going to get missions, blah blah blah.  I just stopped shortly after.  I hope FC3 runs a bit more smoothly and easily, like, if you WANT to take a long time, you can, but if you want to just move through the story, you can do that too. 

Message 9 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Feb 28, 2012

FarCry is a fun game indeed....

Message 10 of 33 (190 Views)
0 Likes