Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Far Cry series

Mar 1, 2012

Actually I've had Far Cry 2 for PC for two years without laying my hands on it. But I just saw the new trailer for Far Cry 3, which led to me seeing some gameplay of it too and it looks awesome! So I'll definitely give FC2 a try

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 11 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

May 22, 2012

Have there been any creative maps made with the map editor? At the moment, I'm looking for cheap game with a FPS online multiplayer experience, I just got my ps3 a few months agi, and hearing about the custom map creation, I was just curious as to what other users have come up with.

But to answer the author's question, I do plan on getting this game at some point. We haven't seen much from the game just some interactive cutscenes and a small amount of a multiplayer experience. From seeing some of the features in the last Far cry game, I hope they can make these improvements: more variety of enemies you'll face, flying velhicles (it seems there may be helicopters in the game, I think I saw one in a trailer), the abilty to shot and drive at the same time, and the ability to switch camera viewpoints when driving (I'm not sure if you can already do that in FC2, if so I haven't seen any videos utilizing that feature).

Message 12 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

May 22, 2012

LighterMatch99 wrote:

Have there been any creative maps made with the map editor? At the moment, I'm looking for cheap game with a FPS online multiplayer experience, I just got my ps3 a few months agi, and hearing about the custom map creation, I was just curious as to what other users have come up with.

Yeah there are some good ones. Multiplayer isn't that busy though. You will most likely find most players in just one match, usually on the custom created map 'Pacific Coast'. It's a great map but even greater for sniping and camping, which is probably why people play on it. I wouldn't advise buying it for the multiplayer.

Anyway, unrelated and not directed at lightermatch, I have gone back to Far Cry 2 now that the Drake's Deception Map Pack craze has died down. I travelled south to the second area now, and it is a lot better than the first . I'm only 58% of the way through and while most missions are repetitive, looking at the trophies tell me the plot might get interesting soon so I'm gonna keep playing.

Message 13 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

May 22, 2012

Trying to get into the beta, but it is kind of hard for me because I didn't buy Ghost Recon

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 14 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 5, 2012

I am so getting Far Cry 3! I decided that a long while ago, though. Man that game is like a 1st person Uncharted

A thing that I love and make me a little puzzled at the same time is literally ALL the focus is on the main villain, not the main character.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 15 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Jun 5, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Anyone gonna get Far Cry 3 this year?

Nope.

I didn't like it that much, but that's just my opinion.

Message 16 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Far Cry is awesome. But I do remember some of the cutscenes being so long, and not knowing how to skip it on my PC:smileysad:

Message 17 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Far Cry 2 (ending spoilers)

Completed the game last week. The game definitely gets interesting towards the end and that last mission was a bitch because I forgot to save at the safe house! I can't believe all my buddies betrayed me, I really wanted to team up with them and forget the Jackel lol. Bit miffed there is no good ending - you die or you die. Still, at least it didn't rely on a huge battle to end the game.

Far Cry 3

Well, I have seen the E3 videos and it looks amazing. The graphics are incredible and I can't wait to explore the island. Co-op looks ok but nothing I will get excited about. Yup, this is definitely my birthday game for sure.

Message 18 of 33 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2012

Far Cry 3 is almost upon us!!! I haven't been following it recently and now it's suddenly almost here! I don't like all the F-Bombs and that but I can't miss the game simply because the second one was so much fun. I'm hoping that the sex scene is the just one time because when I'm playing single player on games sometimes my dad watches me and well... you can imagine the awkwardness there. My parents may allow me 18 games, but they do have boundaries :smileyvery-happy:

Message 19 of 33 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Aug 18, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Far Cry 3 is almost upon us!!! I haven't been following it recently and now it's suddenly almost here! I don't like all the F-Bombs and that but I can't miss the game simply because the second one was so much fun. I'm hoping that the sex scene is the just one time because when I'm playing single player on games sometimes my dad watches me and well... you can imagine the awkwardness there. My parents may allow me 18 games, but they do have boundaries :smileyvery-happy:

No **bleep**. My dad walked in on me playing the strip scene in Heavy Rain. *awkward*

Message 20 of 33 (67 Views)
0 Likes