Sep 02 2011
By: FredFai Fender Bender 4263 posts
Accepted Solution

How's school?

240 replies 88 views Edited Sep 2, 2011

How about this? Express anything about your school (or college) here.

I'm a junior at a high school. I believe this year is gonna be harder AND "special."

Gov't & Econ Honor - Discussion about America and politics. I'm gonna be American someday!

Pre-Calculus Honor - My strong subject, but OMG, it's freaky hard!

Latin 2 - forgot vocabulary  and grammar, but catching up. Dead language...

Psychology - Interesting. Do you know a gorilla can communicate by sign language? It's a language that make him a "human."

Principles of Engineering & Manufacturing - "Break time." Good practices in Engineering.

English 4 Honor - My weak subject. It's all about British. I love to said Beowulf.

Chemistry Honor - Boy, it was difficulty to learn. Nice teacher.

Thank goodness, it's Friday! I'm always tried from school, and I don't want to do my homework. After three weeks, I noticed my grades are declining because I'm addicted to this forum. I can't focus on doing my homework and studying because I wanted to see what's up on the forum. It's a pity. It's hard to control myself. Of course, the worse has yet to come until October or November. You know what gonna happen. :smileysad:

Any advices would be nice especially on SAT, ACT, addiction,and junior year!

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 241 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Firstly my school is what is known as a grammar school he...

Sep 2, 2011

Firstly my school is what is known as a grammar school here in England. Basically, when you are 10 or 11 you have the option to take a test called the 11+, which involves maths, english and non/verbal reasoning. Pass, and you go to a grammar, fail and you go to a comprehensive. A grammar school is different from a private school. Why it is selective, you do not have to pay extra to attend and none of the kids there are rich, posh or snobby.

On Monday I'll be heading into Year 9. Not sure what grade this is in America, but it is the year of 13 and 14 year olds. I'm looking forward to this year, mainly because it is my last easy year at school until my GCSEs hit. Years 7, 8 and 9 are relativily easy compared to 10 onwards, at least as I've been told. 

Good thread idea, kudos!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 241 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17537 posts

That would be about Freshman or Sophomore year of high sc...

Sep 2, 2011

samuelcd1997 wrote:

This year, I'm heading into Year 9. Not sure what grade this is in America, but it is the year of 13 and 14 year olds.

That would be about Freshman or Sophomore year of high school here. Maybe 8th grade.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 241 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11020 posts

You have 14 years old?!   But anyway....hmm...what can i...

Sep 3, 2011

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Not sure what grade this is in America, but it is the year of 13 and 14 year olds.

You have 14 years old?!

But anyway....hmm...what can i say about my school, it is one of the best in my state and i'm in the junior year in the high school, for ppl that has 15 year old. :smileywink:

And i have 14 subjects to study :smileysad:

So......yeah, 14.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 241 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

@samuelcd1997, Interesting, a grammar school. That means...

Sep 3, 2011
@samuelcd1997, Interesting, a grammar school. That means you pass the tests very well. It's exactly what you want, right? Well, it is completely different from education opportunities and development in America. I kinda pity those who fail the tests because they might be smart (or hard worker) and want a free school for high education.

I was 14 years old when I was a freshman, or beginner in the high school. So the "freshman" year will be easy for you. Good luck and focus on learning!
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 241 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

I'm 13 right now, but I turn 14 next Friday.

Sep 3, 2011

renatabls wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Not sure what grade this is in America, but it is the year of 13 and 14 year olds.

You have 14 years old?!

But anyway....hmm...what can i say about my school, it is one of the best in my state and i'm in the junior year in the high school, for ppl that has 15 year old. :smileywink:

So......yeah, 14.

I'm 13 right now, but I turn 14 next Friday. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 241 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11020 posts

Next friday?!

Sep 3, 2011

samuelcd1997 wrote:

but I turn 14 next Friday. 

Next friday?! :smileysurprised:

Haha, cool :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 241 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

14!? Can you do it? I'm impressed if you can manage to do...

Sep 3, 2011

renatabls wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

You have 14 years old?!

So......yeah, 14.

14!? Can you do it? I'm impressed if you can manage to do it well. Can you tell what is it?

You're living in Brazil, right? Great, expensive products and stressful higher education. Mmm, I wonder if America is falling behind because of education and marketplace. My Latin teacher said that, but there are many other Americans with great potentials.

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 241 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Here's my timetable for the coming year, just for fun!

Sep 3, 2011

Here's my timetable for the coming year, just for fun!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 241 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11020 posts

Kudos to you sir!!

Sep 3, 2011

FredFai wrote:

14!? Can you do it? I'm impressed if you can manage to do it well. Can you tell what is it?

You're living in Brazil, right? Great, expensive products and stressful higher education. Mmm, I wonder if America is falling behind because of education and marketplace. My Latin teacher said that, but there are many other Americans with great potentials.

:smileyvery-happy: Kudos to you sir!!

Yep, that is Brazil. And the subjects are: portuguese, biology 1,2 and 3, geografia, literatura, física 1 e 2, história, trigonometria, matemática, química 1 e 2, sociologia, filosofia and LPT (leitura e produção de texto)

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 241 (88 Views)
0 Likes