Treasure Hunter
4807 posts

University/Polytech days are a shocker for me, I know som...

Sep 8, 2011

samuelcd1997 wrote:

overlordofpizza wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

RaCpram12 wrote:

Someone hook me up with the American meanings of this stuff. Sixth form = 6th grade (oddly young)? I'm doing HW so don't give me a LMGTFY :smileytongue:

Sixth form is definitely not 6th grade.

From what I've gathered, grades are one behind. Meaning if a brit was in year 9, it would be grade 8 in America. That's what I got from talking to a american person the same age. 

Sixth form are the last two years of school before University. They include years 12 and 13 - so I assume that's grade 11 and 12. I think...

Do I still have the record for longest day?

8:30 - Tutorial

8:50- Lessons

3:10 - End

8:00 - Work day starts

4:30-6:00 - Work day maybe ends........

Yeah, I mean school. I know work days are far longer for some people.

University/Polytech days are a shocker for me, I know some whom have to go from 5pm to 9pm.

Last trimester I had 4 days where I worked from 8am to 5pm with 3 hour gaps or 1 1 hour gap.

This trimester it's only one day where I have a 8am-5pm day and it varies between either 8am to 12pm or 1pm to 5pm. Tomorrow I can sleep in since it's a 1pm to 5pm schedule.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 241 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1334 posts

To all you Sixth Formers....

Sep 8, 2011

Who's the lucky few getting EMA? When i was at Sixth Form, i got £30 a week EMA :smileytongue: Lol they say it's given to you by the goverment to buy "study supplies." Lol yeah, i deffo needed a few drinks to help me study :smileyvery-happy:

Ooh and then you get the £100 bonus in Christmas Holidays and Summer holidays, if your attendance is good and are on target for your grades. Lol being paid money for being  in voluntary education, easiest money ever.

R.I.P Rika Raja - Confirmed 21/06/12
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 241 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1931 posts

School is a waste of time

Sep 8, 2011

samuelcd1997 wrote:
Yeah, I mean school. I know work days are far longer for some people.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 241 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4873 posts

I earned my Bachelors Degree in Business Management in 20...

Sep 8, 2011
I earned my Bachelors Degree in Business Management in 2001. So, yeah, I've been done with school for 10 years now.
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 241 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1466 posts

Ahh, so "sixth form" is a junior and senior for...

Sep 9, 2011

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Sixth form is definitely not 6th grade.

From what I've gathered, grades are one behind. Meaning if a brit was in year 9, it would be grade 8 in America. That's what I got from talking to a american person the same age. 

Sixth form are the last two years of school before University. They include years 12 and 13 - so I assume that's grade 11 and 12. I think...

Do I still have the record for longest day?

8:30 - Tutorial

8:50- Lessons

3:10 - End

Ahh, so "sixth form" is a junior and senior for us Americans. 

And I have a longer school day than you. Starts at 7:35 and ends at 3:15.

--

Paying for Uncharted 2 content? Heck no.

Rioichi Cooper.
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 241 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
584 posts

Read my best day ever post to see how my day went :P

Sep 10, 2011

Read my best day ever post to see how my day went :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 241 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11014 posts

Only in Brazil, 'cause i'm studing things right now that...

Sep 11, 2011

overlordofpizza wrote:

Only in Brazil, 'cause i'm studing things right now that won't help me when i get to college, you guys  should be happy about going to school and learning what you want.

And btw, if the ppl from NDI didn't study, then we wouldn't be playing any of the Uncharted games. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 241 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1390 posts

That's how it is in K-12 schools in the U.S. as well...an...

Sep 12, 2011

renatabls wrote:

overlordofpizza wrote:

Only in Brazil, 'cause i'm studing things right now that won't help me when i get to college, you guys  should be happy about going to school and learning what you want.

And btw, if the ppl from NDI didn't study, then we wouldn't be playing any of the Uncharted games. :smileywink:

That's how it is in K-12 schools in the U.S. as well...and most parts of the world...it sucks, but to be a" well rounded individual" in society I guess we must learn some of these things. I was there a couple of years ago and I feel for you though! :smileywink:

Will screaming at the television affect my team's chance of winning?
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 241 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Bump for education! Meh... how's your school right now? :...

Oct 20, 2011
Bump for education! Meh... how's your school right now? :smileyhappy:

I now basically suck at doing homework, studying, and planning. This year may be the worst year of my high school years because I'm addicted to Uncharted including this forum. Yes, I'm doing it right now, and I'm not focusing on homework or studying yet. The first nine weeks was over, and I'm already doing poorly on some subjects. It's not you. It's me. I think I'm depressed right now because I can do better than that, but Uncharted... and Internet. It seemed I log on the forum and play U3 MP almost everyday to escape the reality for fun. I guess I was more unstable than last year because this is my new hobby. Don't worry, I can recover... hopefully. :smileysad:

Education is important for the society and must be number one goal for all young people like some of you. College is a must in our life because you not only get a great job you want, but a good brain, independence, a suitable lifestyle, good communication and experiences, and happiness with huge money, I hope you doesn't end up like me for this year because my GPA dropped like hell. :smileywink:
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 241 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11014 posts

Not good.   I'll be in recovery +7 subjects this year. :(...

Oct 20, 2011

FredFai wrote:
how's your school right now? :smileyhappy:

Not good.

I'll be in recovery +7 subjects this year. :smileysad:

But not all of 'em. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 241 (10 Views)
0 Likes