Aug 24 2012
By: stentryk Survivor 2480 posts

Is it weird to be 16 and not liking to party?

[ Edited ]
60 replies 337 views Edited Aug 24, 2012

So, I don't hope this thread will seem too self-ish :smileytongue:.

I just started in highschool (I believe we start in highschool a little later than you, americans) and all the other people just love to party. It's literally all they talk about. Getting drunk and going to clubs in the middle of the night and all that stuff.

I simly put don't like that stuff. I mean, I absolutely love being together with my friends, but the rest just isn't me and I feel like I'm totally alone on this one.

On the other hand, I don't want to be that anti-social guy, so I'm mostly torn between sacrificing myself for not seeming like that, or do what I really want to and go home.

So do any of you feel like this or is it just me? :smileytongue:

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 61 (337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Is it weird to be 16 and not liking to party?

Aug 24, 2012

I don't feel like that, but I guess its normal. Some people just don't like parties. I have a friend who doesn't like to go to parties. So, yeah its normal.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 61 (316 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17511 posts

Aug 24, 2012
I don't like that kind of stuff, either. I'm usually quiet and tend to stay out of all the party stuff and getting drunk.

I tend to think of the aftereffects of drinking/partying rather than the fun aspect of it.

My family does call me a good person for avoiding this kind of peer pressure, though. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 61 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
419 posts

Aug 24, 2012
Im 20 and hate going to parties. People always try getting me drunk and always annoy me when they get rowdy.
I know you're looking at my posts GS2
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 61 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 24, 2012

I know that feel, bro. I hate going to places with loud music (I'd like to be able to hear things like this when I'm older). I don't see the appeal of getting drunk, especially when you factor in a hangover. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 61 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Aug 24, 2012

I prefer to have a nice group of friends in a cafe talking to each other. It's classy and it's nice.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 61 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4807 posts

Aug 25, 2012
I went out with friends a couple of times when I was your age however it was watching football matches (not American Football, Soccer) or playing video games or doing LAN parties.

I don't do that anymore. *forever alone*
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 61 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Aug 25, 2012
I think so. Partying is a form of socialization, and if you don't like partying you don't like socialization. Slippery Slope Fallacy FTW!!!

Seriously, no it's not weird. It's not a good way to get to know people either. It's just an excuse to make a fool of yourself.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 61 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Aug 25, 2012

I love hanging out with good friends, but at clubs you're kind of surrounded by people you like without actually being able to talk to them properly - it always seems like a bit of a waste somehow so it never really appealed to me either. I know a lot of people who feel like that too, so you're absolutely not on your own. You might find one or two of your friends get a little tired of it down the line anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 61 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Aug 26, 2012
This is probably the wrong place to ask such a question, since most of us are always online. :smileytongue:

Parties never really appealed to me though. Except maybe a LAN party. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 61 (223 Views)