Nov 28 2012
By: canadian94eh Gaming Beast 2135 posts
Accepted Solution

Lord of the Rings: One Ring (Sterling Silver)

7 replies 69 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

should i get this sterling silver Lord of the Rings: ring, not to wear but as a collectible? (i'm a huge fan of LOTR) (and a couple reviews claim that it's not for wearing, it scratches easily and arrives unpolished) it's only $64 (probably USD) and free shipping, the ring with the chain is only shipped within the states unfortunately

http://www.wbshop.com/product/the+lord+of+the+rings+sterling+silver+one+ring+lotrnbrgsv.do?sortby=ou...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1389 posts

Re: Lord of the Rings: One Ring (Sterling Silver)

Nov 28, 2012

Well, if you really love LOTR that much, and feel it would not hurt you financially, I would go for it. After all, it's only a couple bucks more than what you'd pay for a new PS3 or Xbox game.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1870 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Why not.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

I'd say get the wearable gold ring :smileyvery-happy:

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2135 posts

Nov 28, 2012

stentryk wrote:

I'd say get the wearable gold ring :smileyvery-happy:

i checked for that somewhere else, because that site didn't have it, but it costs like $650, lol i don't have that kind of money

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2135 posts

Nov 28, 2012

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

Well, if you really love LOTR that much, and feel it would not hurt you financially, I would go for it. After all, it's only a couple bucks more than what you'd pay for a new PS3 or Xbox game.

that is true, but with shipping fees is duty charges included in shipping? (is shipping free internationally or will a duty charge occur if it is shipped from another country then the shipping within the country is free? (i've never bought anything online before))

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

I got the Evenstar when Lord Of The Rings came out. That also has a few bad reviews. It was probably over-priced for the amount of silver and crystal involved, but it's so beautiful and I was very happy with the quality of the manufacture. So for the sterling silver one ring, I'd say go for it, I think you'll love it. Saying it's not for wearing seems a little unfair of the reviewers - sterling silver is a little soft so I wouldn't go rock climbing with it on, but I'm sure it would survive occasional use.

Probably just as well you can't get the one with the chain to be honest - with it being gold plated I would worry about that looking a bit rubbish a few years down the line. Also the chain looks kind of flimsy. I'm pretty sure in the film Frodo had a heavy belcher-style chain because the ring is meant to be kind of heavy!

Customs fees I'm pretty sure will be extra - but by how much is difficult to tell.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2135 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Coffeebug wrote:

I got the Evenstar when Lord Of The Rings came out. That also has a few bad reviews. It was probably over-priced for the amount of silver and crystal involved, but it's so beautiful and I was very happy with the quality of the manufacture. So for the sterling silver one ring, I'd say go for it, I think you'll love it. Saying it's not for wearing seems a little unfair of the reviewers - sterling silver is a little soft so I wouldn't go rock climbing with it on, but I'm sure it would survive occasional use.

Probably just as well you can't get the one with the chain to be honest - with it being gold plated I would worry about that looking a bit rubbish a few years down the line. Also the chain looks kind of flimsy. I'm pretty sure in the film Frodo had a heavy belcher-style chain because the ring is meant to be kind of heavy!

Customs fees I'm pretty sure will be extra - but by how much is difficult to tell.

alright thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (37 Views)
0 Likes