- The Princess Bride: Shocking that I would recommend this film, I know.
- The Bicycle Thief: A simple story powerfully told.
- Jaws: If I flip past this and it's on, I have to watch it. Great storytelling. Memorable lines. And Robert Shaw.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark: The quintessential adventure movie of my childhood.
- Breaking Bad: Amazing how well this show can build and sustain tension through an episode. Also has great quiet moments between characters.
- Extras: Inconsistent, but some of the episodes are stellar. (Kate Winslet, Sam Jackson, Patrick "I'd seen everything. I'd seen it all." Stewart)
- The Wire: So much critical praise has been heaped on this show. And all of it is deserved.
- The Office (Seasons 1 and 2): The Jim and Pam storyline over these two seasons is perfect.
I'm back with more recommendations to you all!
(i don't want to read subtitles through out the whole movie)
What's so bad about that? I've done that as long as I can remember.
Even if I can't get subtitles for my language, I just go with the english one.