Highlighted
Nov 22 2010
By: Xouved Fender Bender 3928 posts

Musical Thread

31 replies 23 views Edited Nov 22, 2010

This is not about 'Music', this is about 'Music'.

Just wondering if there were any of you forumers here who have a passion for music and actively play an instrument of sorts, anything. Whether it be the French Horn or the Piccolo post about it here!

Anything music related is all good.

About Me:

I actively play the guitar, and have played for some years now. I own 5 guitars, Mandolin and Keyboard. I strive to know as much as I can about music as it is my one passion.

I like many different styles, Jazz, Blues, Fusion, Classical and so forth and am inspired by many different musical genres. I try to challenge myself everyday.

That's me, Post away. :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1189 posts

I used to play the trumpet. Kinda. It wasn't really my ch...

Nov 22, 2010

I used to play the trumpet. Kinda. It wasn't really my choice. I never signed up for what classes I wanted to take in middle school, so I got put in band class because it was the only class that was available. I chose trumpet randomly and they taught me how to play it. I was never really good at it, and it's been about 6 or 7 years since I've played. I've probably forgotten how to play by now.

Also, my mom tried to teach me how to play piano once, I learned how to play two songs then gave up. :smileyindifferent:

Message 2 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3928 posts

Interesting, I actually recently tried playing a Saxophon...

Nov 22, 2010

Interesting, I actually recently tried playing a Saxophone and I have to say it took me about 5 minutes before I could even blow it right. lol.

Anyway good to see you've tried playing an instrument, maybe it isn't for everyone but everyone should at least try and see if it's for them. :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1931 posts

Played guitar for 4.5 years, if its not challenging I don...

Nov 22, 2010

Played guitar for 4.5 years, if its not challenging I dont like to play it, so I mostly just play shred or do technical stuff like sweep picking/string skipping

Currently learning keyboard, doesnt seem to be that hard so far. The songs Ive learned are trouble by coldplay, and dearly beloved(not all of it) from kingdom hearts(its the main theme)

Ive always wanted to learn bass

Message 4 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

I play the Saxophone.

Nov 22, 2010

I play the Saxophone.

Message 5 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

I've played piano for about....13 years or so. I stopped...

Nov 22, 2010

I've played piano for about....13 years or so. I stopped formal lessons about 4 years ago, but I still play fairly regularly. I'm not great or anything though. I enjoy playing game music mostly and I try to learn by ear before turning to sheet music, though apparently I'm a strong sight reader.

I also play a little ocarina. I'm crap at it. But I can play Song of Time and a few other little songs so that's all I care about, haha. Maybe when I have more time I'll dedicate myself a bit more to it.

Message 6 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3928 posts

Awesome!   I want to learn the Piano and that's why I got...

Nov 22, 2010

Kaykai wrote:

I've played piano for about....13 years or so. I stopped formal lessons about 4 years ago, but I still play fairly regularly. I'm not great or anything though. I enjoy playing game music mostly and I try to learn by ear before turning to sheet music, though apparently I'm a strong sight reader.

I also play a little ocarina. I'm crap at it. But I can play Song of Time and a few other little songs so that's all I care about, haha. Maybe when I have more time I'll dedicate myself a bit more to it.

Awesome!

I want to learn the Piano and that's why I got a Keyboard, I'm finding it a pain to rememeber things and the multi-tasking is a new aspect but I'll progress neverthless. I know a fair chunk of Music Theory so that should ease the transition into things.

I think these holidays I'm just going to practice practice practice and get better, I'm not doing much else anyway.

Good job anyway, :smileyhappy:.

Message 7 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
825 posts

I play guitar and drums. Been playing guitar for almost 9...

Nov 22, 2010

I play guitar and drums. Been playing guitar for almost 9 years now and drums for only about 3. I'd say i'm more of a drummer though, I couldn't be without it. There's an insane amount of fun to be had just by messing around and recording stuff. I love making things sound awesome :smileyvery-happy:

I did have keyboard lessons for quite a while but I gave up, which is a shame really because playing keyboard/piano is a great skill to have. I might get back into it one day.

p.s. playing drums is the best way to relieve Uncharted related stress :smileyvery-happy:

Message 8 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

I play the dualshock.

Nov 22, 2010

I play the dualshock.

Message 9 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3928 posts

Cool, it'd be more impressive if you could play a Trishoc...

Nov 22, 2010

Squirtle101 wrote:

I play the dualshock.

Cool, it'd be more impressive if you could play a Trishock, personally.

Message 10 of 32 (23 Views)
0 Likes