Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 03 2013
By: supergamer-45 Sackboy 443 posts

Next Gen Consoles: Xbox 720 > PS4?

8 replies 465 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

I'm talking power wise about the next generation of consoles. It seems as the Xbox will beat the PS4 in terms of processing power and graphics. Many websites have been pointing it out and as far as saying that the next-gen Xbox will be 2-3 times more powerful than the PS4. Unfortunately it's starting to look that way. Microsoft is extremely confident and Sony looks they are hiding in the shadows.  Another factor that has been concerning me is the amount of RAM in PS4. So far it looks like it's going to only have 2GB of RAM and if it does it will be a big compromise to the PS4. Some sources have said that the Xbox might have 4-6 GB of RAM. Well anyways if the PS4 if inferior to the next-gen Xbox how will you feel? What tech does the PS4 need?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
29 posts

Re: Next Gen Consoles: Xbox 720 > PS4?

Jan 3, 2013

supergamer-45 wrote:

I'm talking power wise about the next generation of consoles. It seems as the Xbox will beat the PS4 in terms of processing power and graphics. Many websites have been pointing it out and as far as saying that the next-gen Xbox will be 2-3 times more powerful than the PS4. Unfortunately it's starting to look that way. Microsoft is extremely confident and Sony looks they are hiding in the shadows.  Another factor that has been concerning me is the amount of RAM in PS4. So far it looks like it's going to only have 2GB of RAM and if it does it will be a big compromise to the PS4. Some sources have said that the Xbox might have 4-6 GB of RAM. Well anyways if the PS4 if inferior to the next-gen Xbox how will you feel? What tech does the PS4 need?

I think nintendo proved that power isn't everything with the Wii (well, In terms of sales, not customer satisfaction). what we really need is an impressive lineup of games. besides the price, I think that was the biggest problem with the PS3 upon launch.

Many people think we'll see these consoles at E3 this year, but I'm not sure we'll see them until Gamescom.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (459 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

I doubt the Xbox 720 will beat the PS4 in terms of power, but if that's true both consoles will be pretty weak. It was leaked somewhere that the next Xbox will be 6 times more powerful than the Xbox360. Now that might sound as much, but an average computer is more than 6 times powerful as the 360. A high-end gaming PC is at least 15 times as powerful.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (448 Views)
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 4, 2013

stentryk wrote:

I doubt the Xbox 720 will beat the PS4 in terms of power, but if that's true both consoles will be pretty weak. It was leaked somewhere that the next Xbox will be 6 times more powerful than the Xbox360. Now that might sound as much, but an average computer is more than 6 times powerful as the 360. A high-end gaming PC is at least 15 times as powerful.

As far for Xbox 720 beating the PS4 is a probable idea because Sony can't afford to lose anymore money therefore a monster console may be out of reach. Like you said the next generation of consoles do look weak so far by "leaked" specs. Doesn't look like there is going to be a huge jump in graphics from this gen to next gen. I bet a top noch PC with all the best things commerically available right now will probably still have better graphics than the next gen. Supposedly they are going to have the graphics of a medium to high end gaming PC (not to high).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1981 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Pc will always win. You can keep upgrading on the Pc but not on a console. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 4, 2013

lII-Venom-lII wrote:
Pc will always win. You can keep upgrading on the Pc but not on a console. :smileysad:
Sadly, this is a true statement. Console gaming is dying if anything, many developers are starting to move on the quick and fast cash cow mobile devices and the powerful/flexible PC. The future for home game consoles is starting to look bleak and if the next gen doesn't do well it might just be the end. A big factor also is that the gaming industry is dominated by Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. You have to pass many expectations, you have a very tight schedule and things like that. Basically many developers feel trapped and find that the mobile and PC platforms to be better as they are not specifically controlled and offer more freedom and flexibility. Just speaking the truth.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Jan 4, 2013

If Uncharted 4 is a launch title for the PS4 then I am going to have real trouble deciding which to get... I wish there were no exclusives :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1810 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I would pick playstation over xbox anytime, anyday. Mainly because of the exclusives and the playstation controller.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (376 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

The next xbox might be more powerful than ps4. But i find it hard to believe it will be up tp 4x more powerful than ps4. Unless MS wants to price itself out of the competition(or that ps4 is about as powerful as gamecube) then it could be  but I doubt either of those will happen lol.

And remember ps2 is less powerful than xbox. Xbox got beat so bad by ps2 that MS rushed xbox 360 out to market (not trolling just my observation back then).

At the end of the day, its all about the games and whether or not people will think the machine is worth its selling price. PS2 was kinda cheap and was also a dvd player that was the key why people thought its worth it to buy it. Lets hope ps4 will be a convincing buy to both gamers and casuals alike.

Not really a expert in computers.. But i really think a 2GB of ram is enough for next gen (ok maybe 4GB). idk why but on this gen I've always felt the limitation was in the creativity not in RAM or specs. I'mnot a graphics (you know what) though, i've always valued gameplay, story over graphics.

EDIT: Not trying to sound too much of a ps fanboy but i will pick PS over xbox (unless sony finds a way to screw up PS4 really bad). Mainly because of exclusives, (I cant miss those ND, SP, PD SSM, QD etc games) and I've been a PS gamer since ps1.

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (369 Views)