Fender Bender
3470 posts

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 coming October 30th

Feb 20, 2012

I really just hope there isn't any machine guns or turrets.

Message 10 of 238 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Feb 21, 2012

They should add a crouch system to AC III, would be much better if I could sneak around guards crouched instead of walking upright and being spotted.

Message 11 of 238 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

Feb 21, 2012

VnnViet wrote:

They should add a crouch system to AC III, would be much better if I could sneak around guards crouched instead of walking upright and being spotted.

Nah. The regular walking animation just looks too awesome to throw it away for some FPS crouching. You can easily sneak up on guards just walking as long as you aren't right in their line of sight and jumping around them or doing any other extraordinary actions.

Message 12 of 238 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Feb 22, 2012

LethiaAlethia wrote:

VnnViet wrote:

Nah. The regular walking animation just looks too awesome to throw it away for some FPS crouching. You can easily sneak up on guards just walking as long as you aren't right in their line of sight and jumping around them or doing any other extraordinary actions.

FPS Crouching? Well GTA IV & RDR had it and they're not third person, just an idea but fair enough.

Message 13 of 238 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

Feb 22, 2012

VnnViet wrote:

LethiaAlethia wrote:

VnnViet wrote:

FPS Crouching? Well GTA IV & RDR had it and they're not third person, just an idea but fair enough.

But Assassin's Creed is not a shooting game. You don't need to take cover behind rocks to evade gunfire. I don't know, walking just seems fine to me, I can't really imagine seeing the assassins crawling around corners approaching their targets. Instead they have the roofs to attack their prey from. It might not fit into the idea of the game of assassins trying to blend with the crowd and all. If you crouch in the middle of a city like Constantinople with passengers all nearby looking at you you'll just end up getting more attention than what is good for you. But that's just my personal feeling. Maybe they will add things and situations in AC3 that makes crouching seem clever.

Message 14 of 238 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Feb 22, 2012

Sounds great! I like the AC series.

Hopefully I will have completed ACR by then

Photobucket
Message 15 of 238 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Feb 22, 2012

VnnViet wrote:

LethiaAlethia wrote:

VnnViet wrote:

I played the first game first. And one of the main thing about that game is this (quotes from the cover) : "Make your way through the crowd to reach your target. Every action has consequences and could decide whether the crowd will help you... or hinder you!"

See you're supposed to blend in the crowd. Or use the rooftops. Or just "stab 'n' run". Crouching would ruin the chore mechanics.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 16 of 238 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Feb 24, 2012

I played the AC series in such an ilogical order. ACB -> AC2 -> AC1 (got bored havent finished) -> ACR.

Still hasn't stopped me loving the series.

Message 17 of 238 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 25, 2012

I love AC series, a third one should be equally as great although I'm curious how they will continue to tie the storyline together?.  In Revelations, we see an aging Etzio Auditore in his later years, presumably more like a person writing his memoirs. Thats why his face was and voice was changed. I'm a bit confused at times with the timeline of dates and how they pair up with real history?  The Piece of Eden is certainly a nice touch although tying this to some early visits from extra-terrestrial beings is a bit Star Trekky type, but after all it is a game. Actual History is in fact much more interesting than sc-fi stuff any day. The Tremplers rolls in the Holy Land and in later day Italian folk lore is by itself much more believable than some all powerful object brought here from some other worldly planet, but again it is just a game. If you want real truth, read an actual History book on the subject.

I'll be first in line for future Assassins Creed games for sure.  Nothing is True; All is permitted...  hmmm  I wonder who actually coined that phrase and how many years is he or she in prison for?

Message 18 of 238 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Feb 27, 2012

In Revelations, we see an aging Etzio Auditore in his later years, presumably more like a person writing his memoirs. Thats why his face was and voice was changed.

It wasn't Ezio that was changed, it was Altaïr.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 19 of 238 (22 Views)
0 Likes