Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 *New gameplay footage from May 10th!*

May 11, 2012

Looks like I'm the only one who favors Altaïr... but who cares, we're all fans of the series

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 80 of 238 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 11, 2012

stentryk wrote:

Looks like I'm the only one who favors Altaïr... but who cares, we're all fans of the series

You think my username sucks?!?! Yeah me too

Oh definitely.  And If I were comparing AC1 to AC2 only, I would have gone with Altair.  But I was just so impressed with the character in Ezio's voice over the 3 games he was in, I just had to go with it.  If Altair had more games to develop his character, it may have been a different story. 

Message 81 of 238 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 11, 2012

stentryk wrote:

Photobucket

So whose voice is more badass? In my opinion it's still Altaïr's, from the first game (got a new, crappy voice actor in ACR)

This is from AC1

I dunno, I always thought Altair's voice was a little bit bland.  It wasn't bad, just kinda plain.  My favorite voice work thus far was Ezio in Assassins Creed Revelations.  His voice sounded old, tired, wise, and compassionate.  I thought each line he delivered was absolutely brilliant.  Also, his speech in Assassins Creed Embers was very stirring.  Old Ezio is definitely my favorite voice in the series thus far. 

"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it.  And I had love, but I did not feel it.  ...  Love, liberty, and time; once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward." 

Message 82 of 238 (45 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

May 12, 2012

stentryk wrote:

Fans unite!

I like Connor's voice though - sounds a lot like AC1 Altair but more refined and fresh.

Message 83 of 238 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

May 22, 2012

Kaswa101 wrote:

Connor's voice

Actually, guys, i'm not worried about anybody's voice, i'm worried about the game.

Ubisoft took 3 years(?) to develop this game, i hope it'll be just like AC2 were and not like ACB/ACR.

But i would buy it anyways 'cause i want DAT co-op.

Message 84 of 238 (45 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

May 22, 2012

Actually Altair's voice in Assassin's Creed Revelations is the same voice actor in the first one, all he did was add a certain accent.  But I must agree I like the old Altair Voice.... he seemed more serious.  In terms of AC3 I have lost interest in the storyline which is a shame because i used too loved it from AC1 too Brotherhood.

Message 85 of 238 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

May 22, 2012

According to imdb.com, the first Altair was played by Philip Shahbaz and the Revelations Altair was played by Cas Anvar.

For me, I massively preferred Ezio's voice to either of the Altairs, but perferred the second Altair to the first. Generally I just liked Ezio better as a character anyway, which may have influenced my opinion on his voice a little.

Message 86 of 238 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 22, 2012

fyiByas wrote:

Actually Altair's voice in Assassin's Creed Revelations is the same voice actor in the first one, all he did was add a certain accent.  But I must agree I like the old Altair Voice.... he seemed more serious.  In terms of AC3 I have lost interest in the storyline which is a shame because i used too loved it from AC1 too Brotherhood.

Why have you lost interest? 

Message 87 of 238 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

May 22, 2012

can't wait!

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 88 of 238 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

May 22, 2012

ryaniscool47 wrote:

@ Stentryk - I like Connor's voice too.  Some people have complained that he sounds too young and not "badass" enough, but I disagree.  Ezio had a young voice in AC2, and there was nothign wrong with that.  I think people just fear change. 

Photobucket

I think Connor's voice is fine.

You should of seen the amount of people complaining about Cole in Infamous 2. They absolutely hated the new look, I thought it was fine, only needed an outfit change but they ended up changing his entire look to something extremely tryhard. I think that's a perfect example of being afraid of change.

As far as ACIII goes I may consider getting that game. I'm not going to bother with Brotherhood or Revealations tbh.

Message 89 of 238 (45 Views)
0 Likes