Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 01 2012
By: canadian94eh Survivor 2275 posts

PS Store remodel NA?

11 replies 213 views Edited Nov 1, 2012

does anyone have the new version of the ps store (suppose to arrive to NA by October 23rd, Europe got it a week or two earlier) but mine is still the old version, for those of you who don't know this is what it is suppose to look like:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PlayStation-Store-Receiving-Major-Overhaul-48012.html

Message 1 of 12 (213 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18753 posts

Re: PS Store remodel NA?

Nov 2, 2012
I just got it.

I hate it. It launches as its own app now and I don't like how you have to navigate it. I thought the former version was perfectly fine.
Message 2 of 12 (200 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Nov 2, 2012
I have read that it's out for NA but yesterday the PSN was SOOOOOO slow I didn't bother attempting to game, I just used Netflix and Hulu and did my gaming on my computer. I hope the servers aren't dying today.
Message 3 of 12 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Nov 2, 2012
I hate it too only after one minute. Maybe it's too soon to tell, but it's a overhaul.
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 4 of 12 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18753 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
I have read that it's out for NA but yesterday the PSN was SOOOOOO slow I didn't bother attempting to game, I just used Netflix and Hulu and did my gaming on my computer. I hope the servers aren't dying today.

Well, my friend list loaded quite quickly and the profile cards had their correct colors, so I'd say that whatever the problem was, it was fixed.

And as Fred said, it is a COMPLETE overhaul. It feels like one of those Hulu or Netflix channels or something with the side tab and middle stuff.

I liked the simplicity of the original. Now, this one launches as its own app and feels like those movie/TV channels. :smileyindifferent:

Message 5 of 12 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Well, my friend list loaded quite quickly and the profile cards had their correct colors, so I'd say that whatever the problem was, it was fixed.

Sony problem. Yestesday was horrible with the worst XMB loading I ever have.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/264214886102478849

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 6 of 12 (187 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18753 posts

Nov 2, 2012

FredFai wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Sony problem. Yestesday was horrible with the worst XMB loading I ever have.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/264214886102478849

I know yesterday was horrible. I was there and the loading was atrocious, even for someone like me. It felt like the XMB speed was what you get if someone was using your Internet to upload several videos to Youtube all at the same time. :smileymad:

Message 7 of 12 (184 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Nov 2, 2012
I know it was Sony, once I got my friends list loaded nextfix and Hulu worked like normal. Is it fixed yet?
Message 8 of 12 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

Many people said the new PSN update fixed it. Mine is back to normal. Maybe it was your connection? It would be nice to see your speed test from www.speedtest.net .

I do experience some lag when looking around the new PSN store. Maybe the new PSN store was the cause?

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 9 of 12 (176 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18753 posts

Nov 2, 2012

FredFai wrote:
Many people said the new PSN update fixed it. Mine is back to normal. Maybe it was your connection? It would be nice to see your speed test from www.speedtest.net .

Mine was horrible last night, but it's fine now. :smileywink:

Message 10 of 12 (174 Views)
0 Likes