I Only Post Everything
1334 posts

Re: PSN Going to be Hacked again?

Jan 5, 2012

A lot of people bash on Anonymous, but don't see the positives behind what they do unintentionally. So last they hacked the PSN, in doing so, showed Sony they have secruity problems. Now thanks to Anonymous, Sony have tightened secruity measures. We should be thankful Anonymoud didn't want credit card details, they just want punishment for the Big fat cats.

Us as PSN users, feel the main blow of the attack (No PSN for a month), but afterwars recieve the benifits of such an attack, by having better measures put in place to protect our details, which Sony would not have done, if it were not for Anonymous's attack. You see what i'm saying?

It's like the first car crash or plane crash. It takes one crash, before the company has the initiative to make flying safer for millions of passengers in years to come.

R.I.P Rika Raja - Confirmed 21/06/12
Message 11 of 14 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jan 5, 2012

That sucks.

Check cleared that's a million bucks
Message 12 of 14 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Jan 5, 2012

It wasn't Anonymous that actually performed the hack and data theft, they did the DDOS attack a couple of weeks before. Sony inferred that the DDOS attack aided the hackers. Whereas I can see it would be appealing to Sony to dump some of the blame on Anonymous, I can also see how it could very well be the truth.

If it is true, they're actually partially responsible for our data falling into the hands of randoms. You don't seem to understand that it isn't Anonymous that gained access to our data - they just helped to make it vulnerable to a third party. So please - don't tell me to be thankful to a group that potentially put me at risk of identity theft, because to me THAT was the main blow of the attack.

I agree that massive corporations do things they absolutely shouldn't at times. I think they should be called on it when they are guilty of that, but I don't think everyone else should suffer for it - there are always better ways.

Message 13 of 14 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Apr 30, 2014

Message 14 of 14 (21 Views)
0 Likes