Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Re: Quitting Smoking

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

Coffeebug wrote:

When my mother quit, she avoided products that contained caffeine for the first few days, because the caffeine made her want a cigarette. She also took up knitting to keep her hands busy, but... uh... that's probably not for everyone LOL!! Good luck, I hope you manage it. You've done really well to cut back from a pack a day to a pack every few days already.

Thanks! And about the caffeine being related to nicotine cravings, that's wierd... usually when I have a coffee I don't want a ciggarette. :smileysurprised:

stentryk wrote:

Cold turkey and willpower :smileyhappy:

Good luck

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

~Et

Returning to PS3 soon.
Message 11 of 19 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18754 posts

Nov 28, 2012

renatabls wrote:

TL;DR. :smileyhappy:

My mom told me when i was younger that she and almost everyone in her family smoked at some point, she said it was the biggest mistake she ever made, she stopped smoking after she got pregnant of my sister, some of my aunts and uncles still smokes and she says she can't do anything about it, they have to stop.

First thing I thought was that you can't just tell someone to stop smoking. There's a whole process the person needs to go through.

Quitting smoking can be hard. Those who have completely quit have some willpower.

Also, I'm back for the moment.

Message 12 of 19 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Its common known that if people around you smoke you also want to smoke. So first thing you might need to do. Is tell your friends that you have a hard time if they smoke a ciggerate when they are with you.

Chewing gum helps alot, also trauma is key to stop an addiction. This may sound really evil, but its true. Every time you think about smoke think about family members that died from lung cancer (I dont know if you have had any, just saying).

To realise that smoking is bad for you is the first step, but to really stop you need to hate it with every fibe in you, else what can it hurt right to just smoke one right? :smileyvery-happy: (not)

Find ways to relax besides bad stuff: Exercise, meditate (I recommend this), go to the spa etc.

If you lisen to alot of music try to stop lisen to music that reminded you of smoking.

Ehm that are a few thing I can come up for right now. I hope I helped, take care and good luck :smileyhappy: .

Message 13 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Quitting these forums is harder than quitting smoking imo

Message 14 of 19 (165 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Da_Chimp96 wrote:

Quitting these forums is harder than quitting smoking imo

True story

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 15 of 19 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Feb 9, 2013

FromTheDutch wrote:

Its common known that if people around you smoke you also want to smoke. So first thing you might need to do. Is tell your friends that you have a hard time if they smoke a ciggerate when they are with you.

Chewing gum helps alot, also trauma is key to stop an addiction. This may sound really evil, but its true. Every time you think about smoke think about family members that died from lung cancer (I dont know if you have had any, just saying).

To realise that smoking is bad for you is the first step, but to really stop you need to hate it with every fibe in you, else what can it hurt right to just smoke one right? :smileyvery-happy: (not)

Find ways to relax besides bad stuff: Exercise, meditate (I recommend this), go to the spa etc.

If you lisen to alot of music try to stop lisen to music that reminded you of smoking.

Ehm that are a few thing I can come up for right now. I hope I helped, take care and good luck :smileyhappy: .

This is true, recently my grandfather had an operation to remove cancerous tissue from his lungs/ribs due to smoking and it has been helpful for me. I haven't been clean for very long but for the first time in a long time I don't want to smoke anymore. Also I was able to turn down a free cigarette yesterday, twice. :smileyhappy: I'm feeling good about this, I think I'll pick up some gum too, it can only help right?

~Et

Returning to PS3 soon.
Message 16 of 19 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Really sorry to hear that your grandfather has had to go through that, but I'm guessing he's pretty pleased that seeing what he's been through is helping you to quit! Turning down free smokes definitely sounds like you're in a good place this time, so I wish you all the luck in the world!

Message 17 of 19 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Apr 20, 2013

im in the process of quitting as well.

it's my second day and i've only had a few cigarettes, which to me is a step in the right direction.

i decided to quit because i knew i would always be thinking about smoking. I know it sounds odd but im trying to forget about someone and lack of tobacco is something that keeps my mind busy. kinda.

I have no advice to give you, i actually do go for a walk when the need for a cigarette kicks in, i've been going out a lot in the last couple of days, even if its only for ten - twenty minutes. Good thing it's sunny at the moment :smileyhappy:

i hope you wont give up on giving up

mwahahahaha!
Message 18 of 19 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 20, 2013
You picked the wrong day to stop smoking pal. Have you looked at a calendar lately?

You should have done it yesterday or tomorrow, but good luck anyways.

You should have never started!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 19 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes