Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 14 2012
By: SLEAZE_IT_UP Fender Bender 3077 posts

RESIDENT EVIL 6 PUBLIC DEMO, YOUR THOUGHTS?

[ Edited ]
41 replies 335 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

Hey.  Updating this thread now that the demo has been out for a few days. 

IMHO RE6 is severly lacking.  After RE4 and the disappointment of RE 5, RE 6 has not made many improvements in their game play.  There are way too many prompts, the character movement is clunky, the gun play is questionable, and overall I think Capom has a real "crap in the box" title on their hands.  I don't see how ANYONE outside of a ridiculously dedicated fan of the RE series could enjoy this game. 

The character movement is so dated that this game would have been a spectacular release about 6 or 7 years ago.  Once you are aware of the movement of 3rd person characters from games like Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption, and Assassin's Creed, you just CANNOT accept the movement of the characters in RE 6. 

It's a "no-go" for me.  No preorder.  No purchase at retail release.  This game might be a good cheap pick up in about 1 year or so when it can be purchased at a more reasonable price, one that is more appropriate to it's quality (like $20). 

It's on to Assassin's Creed III to see how that turns out at the end of October. 

D - Capcom.  Really weak effort here. 

Anyone else gonna check this out? 

Also, for giggles...here's a link to American TV Talk Show Host Conan O'Brien doing a "CLUELESS GAMER" review of Resident Evil 6.  Enjoy! 

http://teamcoco.com/video/highlight-clueless-gamer-resident-evil-6

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 1 of 42 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Re: **Will You Play the Resident Evil 6 Demo, This Tuesday, September 18th?**

Sep 15, 2012

I never really cared for Resident Evil, but the Clueless Gamer review made me laugh!

But RE6 looks badass! I'll definitely need to start playing them ASAP.

Message 2 of 42 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I enjoyed RE4: HD a lot, but I think it may be better if I don't play the demo- that way, the game will be completely fresh to me and I can be immersed that more easily. Note that this is my opinion, and I will definitely check reviews before purchasing this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 3 of 42 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13518 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Um...

RE6 has been vastly improved on a gameplay front. You can move and shoot. You can roll around doing dodge evasive moves and generally have a lot of fun with it.

I hate RE4 compared to all the other titles. Easily the worst RE game.. Even magically worse than Gun Survivor. It's a good game. but it's an awful Resident Evil game. The only way you'd know it's an RE title is by character association. There were no horror elements at all, everything as based on, see it, kill it, move on to next thing.

Resident Evil 5 built on that awful formula but Capcom gave it something 4 didn't have, a soul, a story, a script that didn't feel so out of place. Is it the best RE game? No way. is it better than 4? Not really that hard to not be better than 4 when that game has a story that seemed like something ripped from straight to DVD movie.

Resident Evil 6 is a new game. No more stop and aim, new mechanics and colliding storylines, I don't know how that will play out, from what I've played, I played the both demos, the demos feel a little... odd. The gameplay is spot on perfect though. the campaigns themselves.. Hmm... Not convinced, but regardless it's got the gameplay to make me want to play it.

Taking a look at the campaigns it looks like 3 different games, if you liked RE4... Play Chris's campaign - It will have a better story so.. Maybe I should have gone for RE5 on that one.

If you want a slight nod at previous RE games, go with Leon (Just a nod, you can't recapture former glory) I think they know that though.

If you want something like Nemesis.. Maybe Jake's campaign is going to be based around that, seems to be a lot of running away from what I've played. It's really hard to tell what they are aiming for with Jake's campaign though.

Above all else though. RE6 will have multiplayer, it will be in DLC format (BOO) and it will have challenges (Something similar to what Mass Effect has)

I'd just like to end on that personal note again.

I hate RE4 for killing Resident Evil. It wont ever be horror again after that garbage. The only horror part of that game was the story. Save Presidents Daughter.. Tack on virus to make it RE.. JUST NO.. Scares me how badly that game was handled. They ditched RE3.5 for that garbage too. LOL.

Message 4 of 42 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Re: RESIDENT EVIL 6 PUBLIC DEMO, YOUR THOUGHTS?

Sep 24, 2012
I only like Leon's part. It's perfect (almost). The other two part have too much "action" and doesn't represent survival horror. Chris's part is CODify or something. Jake's part may be semi-horror, but it questions the survival part since Jake carry so many weapons and can heal faster.

I only have troubles with covering, dodging, meleeing, and laying.
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 5 of 42 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3542 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I downloaded the demo, but haven't tried it yet. I'll wait for my brother to get it too, and then will play it together.

This has Co-op, right?

Message 6 of 42 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Alluboy_ wrote:

This has Co-op, right?

Yup, 2-player co-op.

OP: Leon's part was amazing, Chris' part was horrible, Jake's was ok.

I'll be buying it... ahem, my sister will, i will be buying Borderlands 2 and AC3. :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 42 (200 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Sep 25, 2012

The one thing I'll get from CAPCOM is Okami HD :smileyhappy:

As for the Resident Evil 6 Demo, I never tried it... Cause I never been a big fan of the RE Series.   I tried the 1st and 4th one though.

Message 8 of 42 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Is it needed to play the earlier Resident Evil games to understand this one?

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 9 of 42 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

Here's a brief synopsis coming from a person who has never played any Resident Evil game or seen any Resident Evil film prior to downloading and playing the free Resident Evil 6 demo:

Having no idea what was going on in the story, I dove right into Leon's portion of the campaign. As predicted, I was greeted with stunning visuals. I mean, this game has gorgeous graphics, even for an 8th gen video game, I was blown away. The zombies look and act terrifyingly realistic. The mechanics are simple and smooth, as they should be.

I can't say much about the story, since I just dove right into the sixth installment of the franchise. Honestly, I had no idea what the **bleep** was going on. I'll need to try and track down the first one somewhere. I still have my PlayStation and Gamecube systems, so all I need is the game.

Message 10 of 42 (173 Views)
0 Likes