Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Re: RESIDENT EVIL 6 PUBLIC DEMO, YOUR THOUGHTS?

Sep 29, 2012

Alluboy_ wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

GS2_PK wrote:

Hated it. Awful camera, animations, and in some cases "too dark". I like that we can disable that awful HUD, but we're still stuck with an awful inventory. +1 for move and shoot tho.

I would pick it up but they know people are in it for Mercenaries now, so they decided to be **bleep** and sell us Mercenaries maps that they SHOULD have included on the disc as an in-game unlock. Now, I will wait for the complete edition solely for my collection.

I just want classic Resident Evil bits at the very least. I would love to see a remake of 2 and 3 in the same vein as the first remake.

You can change the camera in settings. They have included alternatives.

The options are eye level camera and the other one which i turned off.

I have the game and I find this improves visibility massively and makes the game so much better.

I didn't even check the options fully. Maybe I'll try to demo again just to see will I like this even more. Smiley Very Happy

For me, this game is easily the best game of this year so far. Controls are a bit weird and take some getting used to. Aside from that once you get used to them you can be flying around shooting things like there is no tomorrow.

Evasive dive backwards is awesome and looks cool as hell once you start improving it. Smiley Very Happy

I'm still terrible at mercs though. haha. I'll never get used to that.

Me and and my bro messed with that A LOT lol. In Leon's campaign, once we got outside, I tried sliding forward under a table and it actually worked! Smiley Very Happy

Then we messed around with the stairs by doing that backwards dive and crawling up.

Can't wait  for our Co-op sessions. Smiley Tongue

Also, Leon's thumbs up = lol.

It has some of the wildest things I've seen in a long time, some real nice touches in the game. I just got eaten by a shark like thing, was awesome!

Message 21 of 42 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4327 posts

Sep 30, 2012
No spoiler please.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 22 of 42 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Sep 30, 2012

I never really cared about Resident evil before, the story was just way to funked up for me.

Although when the Resident Evil 6 public demo came out I thought I'd give it a try, I thought it was fun playing with other people and friends but story co-op kinda ruins it for me, and the zombies were transforming into Lizard-like creatures, but the gameplay was pretty fun and the cut scenes are amazing. I also thought the battle against that GIANT zombie when your Chris was so much fun.

Message 23 of 42 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

Sep 30, 2012

iqbal64255 wrote:

I never really cared about Resident evil before, the story was just way to funked up for me.

Although when the Resident Evil 6 public demo came out I thought I'd give it a try, I thought it was fun playing with other people and friends but story co-op kinda ruins it for me, and the zombies were transforming into Lizard-like creatures, but the gameplay was pretty fun and the cut scenes are amazing. I also thought the battle against that GIANT zombie when your Chris was so much fun.

That would be El gigante v4.681294521. Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 42 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

Sep 30, 2012

I played it today with a friend and really really did not like it. We were actually laughing at how bad it was. 

I've never played Resident Evil before so had no idea what it was gonna be like except that it would have zombies.

Leon

First up, horrible camera and horrible controls. Boring weapons and generic zombies. Slow-paced, unexciting plot - the cutscenes had me bored, and when I did get to play it wasn't much different.

Chris

Zombies with guns??? Whaaaa??? This section just felt like a third person COD except it had a big monster... big yawn. 

Whatever the other guy's name was

More of the same. Got bored halfway through.

I really do not see the appeal in the series. We were both incredibly bored all the way through. For me, this cannot compare with upcoming games like Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 for GOTY. 

Message 25 of 42 (108 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

I played it today with a friend and really really did not like it. We were actually laughing at how bad it was. 

I've never played Resident Evil before so had no idea what it was gonna be like except that it would have zombies.

Leon

First up, horrible camera and horrible controls. Boring weapons and generic zombies. Slow-paced, unexciting plot - the cutscenes had me bored, and when I did get to play it wasn't much different.

Chris

Zombies with guns??? Whaaaa??? This section just felt like a third person COD except it had a big monster... big yawn. 

I really do not see the appeal in the series. We were both incredibly bored all the way through. For me, this cannot compare with upcoming games like Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 for GOTY. 

C'mon. you can't call RE6 boring and then mention the most boring game ever.. Far Cry as a GOTY contender.

Could be right about AC3.. We'll see. Two copy and paste titles in a row for the Assassins Creed series though, at this moment Ubisoft are looking like the new Activision.

Dunno why.. Far Cry really annoys me. Playing it feels like a chore, actually I'd rather be doing the dishes than playing it.

Message 26 of 42 (103 Views)
Fender Bender
3797 posts

Oct 1, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Leon

Chris

If you haven't played RE series before, I'm not surprised you feel that way. I too, was a bit disappointed in it (Even though I am a big fan of the series), but I'm still getting it, thanks to Co-op. If it had singleplayer only I probably would only get it once it got cheap.

I'd say that RE6 is a bit wrong game to introduce you  or any other people to the series. Try playing RE5/RE4 demo instead, you probably like them more.

Or even better, try playing the first 3 games of the series.

The camera was a bit annoying and some of the controlls also, but I didn't fully check the options, so I bet there was an option to change them.

Message 27 of 42 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Alluboy_ wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Leon

Chris

If you haven't played RE series before, I'm not surprised you feel that way. I too, was a bit disappointed in it (Even though I am a big fan of the series), but I'm still getting it, thanks to Co-op. If it had singleplayer only I probably would only get it once it got cheap.

I'd say that RE6 is a bit wrong game to introduce you  or any other people to the series. Try playing RE5/RE4 demo instead, you probably like them more.

Or even better, try playing the first 3 games of the series.

The camera was a bit annoying and some of the controlls also, but I didn't fully check the options, so I bet there was an option to change them.

Lol... RE1 2 and 3 and even CV.

That's a deathtrap. Asking someone to go back in time and play old classics is like really hard to make a good impression with.

My daughter was playing old school sonic, she lasted the whole of 7 minutes before saying, this game blows. LOL

We are all too spoiled to understand the classics now.

Plus if he was bored with RE6. RE1, 2 or 3 would put him in an early grave, death by being so bored, nothing happens in those games in any fast fashion lol.

Not every game can be for everyone I guess. Not everyone likes CoD, yet it's still the most loved game out there.

Worst game I've ever played happens to be one that a lot of people love. Dead Island. My god what a huge snorefest. Yet I see people still play it. I myself wonder why on earth people would do that because I really do not understand this Far Cry garbage genre of gaming. Someone else will be pointing out I'm an idiot for not understanding it. Then again I'll be doing that when they don't understand something I like. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 42 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

Just ordered the game. My bro bought it too. Gonna check it out once the weekend starts. Smiley Happy If it arrives that is.

Message 29 of 42 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4327 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Okay, I was playing RE6 today. Not bad for Leon's part. Getting used to control and aiming. Health bar was kinda troublesome. Gotta use melee and ammo wisely. Zombies are tough. Vehicles are possessed and evil.

I died 12 times in Leon's first chapter. Most of the deaths were caused by the last train of horror. I thought I was supposed to hang by the wall, but after sixth death, it turned out that I need to move to the left side of the rails. One death was also caused by ambulance. I was also nearby killed by a car. I am now scared of vehicles... in the game. Smiley Indifferent

You know what would be challenge and funny? Doughnut Wesker. With larger fats and godspeed, he's unstoppable.

I wonder what is your brightness level? I don't like to be blind in the darkness.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 30 of 42 (43 Views)
0 Likes