Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 31 2012
By: IEATLILKITTENS Uncharted Territory 1392 posts

Star Wars Episode VII - It's coming

[ Edited ]
9 replies 106 views Edited Oct 31, 2012

That's right, it's been nearly thirty years since the Star Wars Original Trilogy concluded with Return of the Jedi in 1983. Now, it has been officially confirmed that a sequel trilogy is in production, and Star Wars Episode VII is set for release sometime in 2015.

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan. I don't like the prequel trilogy films (with the exception of Episode III), but I certainly do not hate them. They are part of the story, even if they were not handled well. But how will a sequel trilogy fare?

I have mixed feelings about this, but I'm also extremely excited. I cannot wait for a continuation of the epicness that we all thought was concluded all those years ago. I realize that George Lucas has one of the biggest egos in the film industry, and he has a history of adding new props, dialogue, creatures completely unnesessary things in his films, but I'm putting my faith in him that he won't mess up with these new movies.

Here's how it came about: Apparently, Disney bought out Lucasfilms for four billion dollars, and then suddenly decided they would make more Star Wars movies. That right there seems a bit sketchy, since Lucas himself said countless times there would be no sequel trilogy. I'm hoping this isn't being done just for money. I hope whoever is in charge is doing this for Star Wars.

I'm also uneasy about the fact that Star Wars lies in the hands of Disney. I'll be honest, I hate Disney. Now, I don't hate all Disney movies; I just hate the company in general. I'm hoping they don't try to make the new films "sweet and family friendly" with a "good moral message". I just want a Star Wars film. That's it. Disney better not screw this up.

For more detailed information, here's a couple of links:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35636

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ryan/star-wars-episode-vii_b_2046170.html

What are your thoughts on the new Star Wars trilogy?

Message 1 of 10 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Re: Star Wars Episode VII - It's coming

Oct 31, 2012

I thought they were just going to make a 3D remake for all of the movies... but this... :smileyvery-happy:

I'll watch it. I love Star Wars.

Message 2 of 10 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4171 posts

Oct 31, 2012
I'll wait for more into before passing any judgement.

Used to be a huge Star Wars junkie but I've sorta "grew out of it" since getting into gaming.
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign
Message 3 of 10 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Star Wars is ok I guess, I'll go see the film but I'm not that excited about it.

Message 4 of 10 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Not interested, hope you all enjoy!

Do you feel me?

Message 5 of 10 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2276 posts

Nov 1, 2012

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Star Wars is ok I guess, I'll go see the film but I'm not that excited about it.

yep nowhere as near the hype as the hobbit and star wars episode VII is being made by disney o.O, (pirates of the caribbean was good, but idk how this will turn out)

Message 6 of 10 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2276 posts

Nov 1, 2012

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Hitman Absolution

Tomb Raider 9

The Last of Us

Mass Effect 3

Far Cry 3

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Bioshock 1,2, Infinite

the only good ones on that list will be far cry 3 & tomb raider

Message 7 of 10 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Nov 1, 2012

canadian94eh wrote:

samuelcd1997 wrote:

yep nowhere as near the hype as the hobbit and star wars episode VII is being made by disney o.O, (pirates of the caribbean was good, but idk how this will turn out)

Oh my god, my excitement for The Hobbit is through the roof. I loved Lord of the Rings, and from what I've seen in the trailers, it looks great. And yeah, Episode VII being made by Disney is my biggest issue. Disney really grinds my gears.

Message 8 of 10 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Nov 5, 2012

From what I hear, Lucas won't be directing the new trilogy. So apart from the direction in which they'll go with the new trilogy (will it be set before Episode I, between III and IV, or after VI? will it be completely unrelated to the original movies and be set in a far-off part of the timeline like KOTOR or Legacy? will the focus still be on the light side vs. dark side of the force?) you do have to worry about who they'll pick to man these new movies.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 9 of 10 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2120 posts

Nov 14, 2012

If they make it a musical..... No, just no.

Message 10 of 10 (21 Views)